• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty Says White Supremacy/Racism Doesn't Exist Because Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm not trolling at all, we don't have to like the same people. I just said I can understand why people dislike him. I'm not one of them.

he's been far from respectful, hasn't backed up shit and his controversial opinion is one championed by white supremacists. if that's the kind of guy you like well....

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
<3 Colin. Don't always agree with him. Actually disagree with him on plenty of issues, but I give him credit for respecting other's views, always willing to back up his stances on issues, and not being afraid to have a controversial opinion. Can understand why people aren't into him though.
You serious with this?

That's factually untrue.

I'm not trolling at all, we don't have to like the same people. I just said I can understand why people dislike him. I'm not one of them.

You also said that he respects people's opinions, which is not true.

So, you came here to admit that you like racists? Would you like to tell us of other racists you hold in high regard?

<3 Colin. Don't always agree with him. Actually disagree with him on plenty of issues, but I give him credit for respecting other's views, always willing to back up his stances on issues, and not being afraid to have a controversial opinion. Can understand why people aren't into him though.

I am not sure about what he said on Twitter, but I will say his history videos are pretty decent. It's defiantly no Hardcore History podcast though.

Yep. It’s like me and Richard Spencer. I disagree with just about everything he says. But he’s so respectful when he does it and he backs up his stances with “facts.” Plus, he’s not afraid to be controversial. But I get why people aren’t into him.

Please realize my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek here to show how ignorant I think the post I quoted was.

What an imbecile with a privleged contextless argument. It must be amazing to be white, male, US-American and then use this reasoning to try and prove that you are not privleged. IMPRESSIVE. YOU JUST PROVED YOU DO NOT HAVE PRIVLEGE FROM A POSITION OF PRVILEGE. HOW DID YOU ACHIEVE THIS AMAZING FEAT?!

Kemal86

So.

First, Colin does not respect the views of anyone who doesn’t agree with him.

Second, backing up your stances with Breitbart-tier sources doesn’t count as backing up your stances.

Third, “not being afraid to have a controversial opinion” = “Openly racist and misogynistic”

I also understand why people aren’t into him!

So we had already had one asshole here call White Supremacy a "far left conspiracy theory" and another person say they still like Colin after spewing bullshit like this.

What's next?

Sunster

They'll never really say that straight out instead go for the intellectually dishonest route of, I dont really like Trump but Hilary is a lot worse for (insert BS).

Instead of saying they like Trump they say something like, "I know here on GAF Trumps the devil" but......

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I am not sure about what he said on Twitter, but I will say his history videos are pretty decent. It's defiantly no Hardcore History podcast though.

I've been following the guy since IGN and since he left the gaming industry and went into politics, I've watched his videos and I lean a lot farther left than Colin does on most issues but these live video debates, he has always been nice, cordial, and has treated people with respect. I'm sure there are instances where he has lost his shit on people on Twitter and I have definitely see him come off holier than thou more than once, but I never got any indication than he has deep hatred in his heart for large groups of people. If someone want to disagree, fine, I'm not going to make judgements about people that do. We simply have different opinions of an individual.

kadotsu

Banned
So we had already had one asshole here call White Supremacy a "far left conspiracy theory" and another person say they still like Colin after spewing bullshit like this.

What's next?

If I was Colin I would start an interview series with minority conservatives. Show the real oppression in America today. He also doesn't do enough culture war. I mean the new Avatar cast is perfect to say that we are in a post-racism world.

To be fair, you wrote that he was an idiot, after which he ribbed on you for being vegan. After this you cited ad hominem.

I agree with you, he is an idiot

I called him dumb, not an idiot. Get it right, gosh!

The whole thing is cracking me up. Someone told me I look 40 years old, lmfao.

I've been following the guy since IGN and since he left the gaming industry and went into politics, I've watched his videos and I lean a lot farther left than Colin does on most issues but these live video debates, he has always been nice, cordial, and has treated people with respect. I'm sure there are instances where he has lost his shit on people on Twitter and I have definitely see him come off holier than thou more than once, but I never got any indication than he has deep hatred in his heart for large groups of people. If someone want to disagree, fine, I'm not going to make judgements about people that do. We simply have different opinions of an individual.

But we are in a thread addressing an instance in which he is losing his shit and is not being cordial or respectful and is in fact being a dismissive asshole.

And I don't care if you're being cordial. If you're taking a stance of knowing more than someone else does about their own struggles and saying that their struggles don't fucking exist, then he doesn't deserve
respect or kudos for being 'cordial' because he has no interest in learning.

Lulubop

Man up, because what you're saying about him is factual bullshit. Let's be real, you like him because he speaks to you.

If I was Colin I would start an interview series with minority conservatives. Show the real oppression in America today. He also doesn't do enough culture war. I mean the new Avatar cast is perfect to say that we are in a post-racism world.

I doubt even the most Stepin Fetchitest minority conservative would give him the time of day, as he has no political clout or the money to buy some. Best he could probably do is some #notyourshield leftovers

Do you listen to Rubin as well? I never heard of him until Colin was on there and I am a fan of his show as well.

Earth

Banned

C62TWFTVwAEQuTt.jpg

Read this aloud to yourself, figure out what these words mean in context of the New York woman's marathon. Can you really try to decipher this shit and not come to the conclusion that he is a backwards thinking right cunt?

Kthulhu

Typically right wing argument. I've heard it as thousand times.

Though given his avatar, his positions should be obvious.

I'm glad to see we've only gotten like 2 or 3 randos defending these statements as "out-of-context" or "mischaracterized"

And only 1 framing the notion of systemic racism in America as a "far left" idea.

Gaf, for the internet, that's amazing.

(Still too many)

Ponn

Banned

The problem with "just having different opinions" is many of those "opinions" actually hurt large groups of people, work to bring others into hate groups, used to manipulate others and voting to remove civil rights. If "just personal opinions" only encompassed choosing cake or ice cream in splatoon then it would be a fine position to take. That's not the case in today's climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom