• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty Says White Supremacy/Racism Doesn't Exist Because Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can fully appreciate Colin's intelligence until you read his rebuttal towards the new YouTube redirect standards that went live in August:

vNs4jZ0.png

This is some next level insanity

Ponn

Banned
And if he says something hurtful or disrespectful I will(and have) criticized him for it plenty of times. In this instance, I read the tweets honestly have no idea wtf he's talking about. Not sure what he's even referencing, or why he tweeted it. I'm not agreeing with or supporting these comments. All I did was share my opinion on Colin Moriarty the person, from what I have learned from him over the years, and people basically inferred "If you don't hate Colin Moriarty then you must be a racist and support Trump" which is crazy.

I didn't get on a high horse and say "Anyone who doesn't like Colin is an idiot, he's amazing!" Quite the opposite, I acknowledged why I can understand why people dislike him. I'm not one of them, I thought it was actually pretty innocuous.

If you admit you don't really understand what he's talking about wouldn't the most logical next step be to educate yourself about it? Or at the very least maybe read the comments and what others are saying. See saying you respect others opinion is really easy to do but what that actually encompasses is much more. If you really respect others opinions, and not just Colin's, then you would read others opinions and posts in here to understand the discussion and maybe even in that process be able to form your own opinion before just jumping in.

Your last part is very telling of the disrespect of others opinions and the subject matter by admitting that you don't understand the subject matter or what Colin is talking about but yet somehow you can draw the conclusion that it's innocuous. How can you come to that conclusion then if you don't understand the discussion and don't take the time to educate yourself on it? Furthermore with that contradiction why do you feel your opinion should be respected when your not really showing others the same respect?

EmiPrime

If you need more evidence that the man is stupid, here it is.
He can speak clearly, but that doesn't make him smart. He speaks clearly, but the only words coming out are complete moronic shit that he found up his own ass.

Yep he thinks he's some great rational and critical thinker but he's actually thick as pig shit and has an adolescent's understanding of politics.

I hope he can just keep digging himself into a hole until he falls into obscurity.

People should have stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt since he left Kinda Funny. The guy just fell off the deep end after that, though tbh with the amount of stupid 'tolerant left' comments mang all did see it coming. I certainly should have learned that lesson quickly - he's just so disingenuous.

He's so selfish and narcissistic which is why he can't see how dumb he speaks when he talks about minorities.

Bahorel

If you admit you don't really understand what he's talking about wouldn't the most logical next step be to educate yourself about? Or at the very least maybe read the comments and what others are saying. See saying you respect others opinion is really easy to do but what that actually encompasses is much more. If you really respect others opinions, and not just Colin's, then you would read others opinions and posts in here to understand the discussion and maybe even in that process be able to form your own opinion.

Your last part is very telling of the disrespect of others opinions and the subject matter by admitting that you don't understand the subject matter or what Colin is talking about but yet somehow you can draw the conclusion that it's innocuous. How can you come to that conclusion then if you don't understand the discussion and don't take the time to educate yourself on it? Furthermore with that contradiction why do you feel your opinion should be respected when your not really showing others the same respect?

Willful ignorance.

He ran away after shitting on a poster for not doing anything important who turned out to be a lawyer who did pro bono work for immigrants

LOL I remember that. The poster with the Yakuza avatar, right? Absolutely destroyed him.

Thought I'd give Colin the benefit of the doubt but his arrogance and disrespect was shown quickly. Can't believe I ever enjoyed his stuff once upon a time. At least he showed his true colours.

Bendeavor

Neo Member
I meant my comment that I am a fan of Colin but understand why people don't like him was innocuous. I thought I could freely share my opinion of the guy without being labeled a racist and Trump supporter(of which I am neither) but I guess I was wrong. If it was misconstrued as me supporting his comments, then I guess that's my fault for not being clearer. Like I said, I still don't even understand his comments or what sparked him to post them out of the blue. They are basically gibberish to me until I know what he's referencing.

You came into a thread about a guy who spewed some racist talking points (and who was demonstrably racist and sexist before that) to talk about how you love him. If you really do follow him and really do understand why people don't like him, then surely you can see why people are reacting to you this way?

People were just giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you were trolling or arguing in bad faith rather than being a clueless fool who wanted to butt in without knowing what he was talking about.

My gosh. All of the other posters. Sorry to say this but many of the other posters there were acting like Colin was some sort of huge celebrity. The heck?

One even tells the lawyer off for what he said to Colin.

Tbh I maybe guilty of this lol cause even back then, though I disagreed with him vehemently, because I liked PSILY, I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As soon as he left KF, could see him for the narcissistic, arrogant, selfish, disingenuous dumbass he is.

kadotsu

Banned
Seriously, "Libertarian" has nearly become a dirtier word than "alt-right" to me at this point.

Libertarians are the end point of the southern strategy that was detailed when Lee Atwater broke kayfabe.

https://www.thenation.com/article/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy/
You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

RoKKeR

I've watched a few episodes of his new show and though it's a bit hit or miss, I've found some of the episodes to be quite interesting.

He's really gone off the deep end in terms of his role on social media, and it's definitely tiresome to witness. Just... stop.

Jasoneyu

The problem is that faced with facts and reasonable arguments Colin STILL keeps hard headed in his stance. Jebus, just take the L and admit your reasoning was flawed. But nope, hides behind the age old argument of "you guys didn't understand what i was TRUELY trying to say".

Rayis

I love how he's replying to Blaire White who's a piece of work herself, she's the trans shield of the alt-right who can be used to claim immunity from transphobia even though she's hella transphobic herself.

Nekofrog

Banned
Seriously, "Libertarian" has nearly become a dirtier word than "alt-right" to me at this point.

It's because to be a libertarian is pretty much exposing yourself as a thoughtless fraud of a human being.

I say this as a former early 20s libertarian in college over 10 years so

His next video is just going to be him playing Custer’s Revenge for 45 minutes periodically praising it for its frank depiction of frontier life and its unapologetic defense of manifest destiny.

Wrap with a knock-knock joke about Muslims

You always find similar people wandering in a thread "not knowing all of the information" and defending or highlighting positive qualities of a racist/bigot.

They will type of paragraphs and preface it with, "I don't know/understand what is fully going on."

BlastCore

Banned
He's that dude in College who read Ayn Rand and became Libertarian but he's in his 30s and still believes that shit.

Actually him reading a book is giving him too much credit. He played Bioshock and didn't realize that it was a criticism of that worldview. He and the rest of his racist chuds he calls fans can fuck themselves.

Ponn

Banned
he really let himself go huh?

I'm not surprised at this point. These types start out with the fence-sitting and both sides shit, then they let stuff slip and find they are better off just embracing their alt-right brethren. I only feel bad for the impressionable ones that get caught up in their idol worship and get dragged along, especially with the reach YouTube has with young teens and kids who are going to believe Colin is as smart and right about everything that he claims.

iiicon

I don't think you can fully appreciate Colin's intelligence until you read his rebuttal towards the new YouTube redirect standards that went live in August:

vNs4jZ0.png

Gender fluidity, Bernie Sanders, Linda Sarsour. The holy trinity of right-wing boogeymen in 2017.

CazTGG

Why do racist idiots always go for the "B-b-b-but Asians" whenever any discussion of racism crops up (see: Bill O'Reilly talking about "Asian privilege" like that's a thing), especially when America, Canada and various eurocentric countries has a not insignificant history of disenfranchising Japanese, Koreans, Philippinos/as and so on, let alone grouping them all together under that single term?

Usobuko

Banned
Ask any white people if they are willing to trade their white skin to be asian ones in the society they live in and you'll get the answer.

Mael

"Yeah I'm for small government and capitalism, now let me tell you how free trade is bad and how we need to cut down on all the brown people entering our country."

I always loved the free market shitbags that always find a way to break kayfabe whenever it's about something they don't like.
Now every time I hear free market without regulation, what I'm really hearing is "I'm a dirtbag taking you for a bunch of saps".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom