• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
cEIbD2.gif

ROCKY TOP, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE
HOME, SWEET HOME TO ME
GOOD OL ROCKY TOP
ROCKY TOP, TENNESSEE

When you hear hundreds of kids singing this shit outside your dorm window, and one motherfucker playin that shit down the hall, it'll get stuck in your head too

GBO MOTHERFUCKERS

Nah, I don't fuck with the state of tennessee. I don't hear that shit at any subliminal level.

ROCKY TOP, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE
HOME, SWEET HOME TO ME
GOOD OL ROCKY TOP
ROCKY TOP, TENNESSEE

Hey Vols!
Hey Vols!
Hey Vols!
We just beat the hell out of you!
Rammer Jammer, Yellowhammer,
give 'em hell, Alabama!

we've been singing that every year after the Third Saturday game for a decade straight now

lush

They're probably penning Butch's contract extension at this very moment for that one. The win was always going to be the only real potential positive take away from this crap matchup.

I have returned from my vacation:

Thoughts:

Rutgers was clearly cheated by the refs. That second touchdown was legit. Anyone questioning otherwise is wrong.

Therefore, I consider us to be 1-0. Washington is bloodied and is now 0-1. However, they look like a great squad who will proceed to win their next 11 games.

I have returned from my vacation:

Thoughts:

Rutgers was clearly cheated by the refs. That second touchdown was legit. Anyone questioning otherwise is wrong.

Therefore, I consider us to be 1-0. Washington is bloodied and is now 0-1. However, they look like a great squad who will proceed to win their next 11 games.

You on the good shit huh?

FSU probably drops big for losing the game and their QB. Only other question is if or how much USC drops for struggling to put away a MAC team.

Are injuries taken into account for these things?

I suppose they would be. Sucks for FSU, but if they really belong in that top 4, they'll show it as the season goes on.

You on the good shit huh?

Woah my man. I think you're being very harsh here.

I'm sorry you can't handle my searing hot blazing takes here. However, what I say is 100% the truth. Anyone who was watching the film like I have extensively would know that Washington repeatedly got away with murder on HOLDING CALLS and OFFSIDES CALLS. IT WAS LIKE ALMOST EVERY PLAY MAN!

Watched that film so many times with my expertly trained eyes.

Socivol

UT alum here and I'm so pissed the Vols won yesterday. They totally deserved to lose. I really need them to go ahead and let Butch go and hire Les Miles.

lush

UT alum here and I'm so pissed the Vols won yesterday. They totally deserved to lose. I really need them to go ahead and let Butch go and hire Les Miles.
Sounds like a Tennessee hire, would look great on the UT athletics website next to Rick Barnes.

We all know Gruden will be Butch's successor unless we miraculously outbid Florida for Chip Kelly.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'd personally order it:

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Florida State
Washington

And so on.

I don't think Florida State can reasonably be put in the top 5 with the QB situation, and running game.

My personal top 5 is:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Penn State (vomits)
5. LSU

jjasper

Barnes is fine. But hell no to Les Miles. He is a bad coach that once he is away from that amazing talent he had at LSU he won't be anything but he is clearly better than Jones. Dude even tweeted about Jones not calling a TO.

Florida State at 4 Without DeAndre Françoise? Their D was great, but without him I'd be surprised to see them hit 10 wins.

They just lost one game to the number one team in the nation. If the wheels fall off post-Frenchy, you rank them accordingly in the future, you don't do it now. Also, their running game is fine. They just played Alabama. Context matter.

(I'd be surprised if they win less than 10. The question is really if they can get to 11, which I sorta doubt, but less than 10, with this roster and defense? Psh)

They just lost one game to the number one team in the nation. If the wheels fall off post-Frenchy, you rank them accordingly in the future, you don't do it now. Also, their running game is fine. They just played Alabama. Context matter.

(I'd be surprised if they win less than 10. The question is really if they can get to 11, which I sorta doubt, but less than 10, with this roster and defense? Psh)

Louisville
Clemson
Miami
Florida

All teams capable of beating Florida State. Two of them did last year.

They could be 7-5 entering bowl season, and that's without them stubbing their toe against a team like NC State.

I don't think Florida State can reasonably be put in the top 5 with the QB situation, and running game.

My personal top 5 is:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Penn State (vomits)
5. LSU

I like this list. I like it a lot. LSU sitting there at no. 5 with the best defense in college football and maybe just maybe a QB who can make a single throw in the Alabama game to turn it around.

Then they'll lose to A&M or some shit. Whatever.

Louisville
Clemson
Miami
Florida

All teams capable of beating Florida State. Two of them did last year.

They could be 7-5 entering bowl season, and that's without them stubbing their toe against a team like NC State.

I'm sorry, I didn't know those teams existed. I thank you for listing them for me.

Lmao.

They're not losing to anyone that isn't Clemson or Miami. They should be favored in every other matchup, and may be favored against Miami anyways. They'll be fine. Throw in the bowl game they're guaranteed to make, and less than 10 wins, with this roster, is laughable. We'll revisit this when the season's over, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom