• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Guys. GUYS.

Have you READ the new Daredevil?

Oh my GOD.
I have. And yeah, it's awesome.

I said this after Bendis and after Brubaker but every time it gets worse: whoever writes Daredevil next has a lot to live up to. I hope Kirsten sticks around, she's a great character. Hell, they have a great relationship. I always complain that relationships in cape books are poorly written but looking back at Waid's run, this one rings true.

I wonder how likely it is Batman #40 won't get spoiled for me before the trade comes out.

Magic%20Eight%20Ball.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So besides Miles do we see any other ultimate character crossing over? Evil Reed maybe, sort of like Dark Beast back in AoA?

So besides Miles do we see any other ultimate character crossing over? Evil Reed maybe, sort of like Dark Beast back in AoA?
So far, it's only been Miles. The O5 X-Men also recently traveled to 1610 in All New X-Men.

It's obviously going to change with Secret Wars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So far, it's only been Miles. The O5 X-Men also recently traveled to 1610 in All New X-Men.

It's obviously going to change with Secret Wars.

Well I obviously meant after secret wars >_>

Okay now I'm definitely done reading Ultimate Spider-Man, let's try and do a weird review thing.
I probably forgot to mention a ton of things but it's a lot of stuff so forgive me.
Glad to see you enjoyed it, be sure to post thoughts on anything else you read in the future!
I sent Spike my Top 3 but then I just saw on the first post that voting is cancelled indefinitely. Shoot...

Sorry for the mailbox clutter, Spike-O.
I didn't notice :( I guess we just don't have enough people voting.

The Clone Saga: I think my favorite one,
nobody died I think but at the end I really felt like the rules had changed(if that makes sense). I really thought everything was a weird dream when Peter's dad and Gwen came back, so it was so bizarre to find out it was all real. This arc does a good job of making you hate Otto too.

This was my favorite bit too. So intense! Actually its the favorite of everyone I know personally now that I think about it. This post is making me wanna bust out the TPB's and read the whole series all over again.

But Im still behind on young Miles Morales and it just wouldnt be fair to him.

Also, complete non sequitor, I started reading Jem and The Holograms. Entirely because Sophie Campbell is drawing it and shes the fucking best.

Wet Moon>>>>>>

Going to be gone for a few days, heading back home for the nephew's communion.

Can't be bothered bringing my laptop because it's so close to its' retirement (my new PC shipped, Wednesday is the day barring any last-minute catastrophes). I'm just bringing my phone, but can't really type on it with my ham-like fingers. Will bring tablet as well to read some comics but not sure what. I'll see what I have downloaded I guess. Sunstone is definitely on the list though.

Stay safe gang, you fuckers better not get banned raging about Age of Ultron!

tim1138

Multiversity post mortem with Ivan Reis. Gonna put cool quotes in tags just to play it safe.

When I read the plot and I understood what was going on, I created the narrative language, in order to give the story a unique view. All the panels are aligned, and creating a grid where we often see “treavelings” in the scenes.

But face that as a Rubik’s cube, where sometimes the scenes align like the colors of the cube would, and you’ll understand you have a Rubik’s Comic where, as you try to align the colors/universes, we have moments in which the scene fits in two or three panels.

As the universes align, it becomes more and more evident, until it gets chaotic in the last issue.

Fitting the scenes the right way, giving proper importance to each moment without changing this systematic language of the Rubik’s Comic was the hardest part.

Since I create as I draw, I had no idea where this was leading me, or even if it was going to work, but once you see the complete story, it makes more sense.

Chaos and luck helped me make it work. [Laughs.]

Like I said before, the story is happening under this light, but I didn’t plan the pages in advance to know what was waiting for me ahead. I’d read the story to have a general idea, but I’d only think of the page when I’d draw it.

Some good stuff here.

Messi

Going to be gone for a few days, heading back home for the nephew's communion.

Can't be bothered bringing my laptop because it's so close to its' retirement (my new PC shipped, Wednesday is the day barring any last-minute catastrophes). I'm just bringing my phone, but can't really type on it with my ham-like fingers. Will bring tablet as well to read some comics but not sure what. I'll see what I have downloaded I guess. Sunstone is definitely on the list though.

Stay safe gang, you fuckers better not get banned raging about Age of Ultron!

Have fun and stay safe. Don't let anyone trick you into reading comics.

Totally read Sunstone. Its ok you can come back after your few days away and thank me. Thats if I am even here. You never know. One day I might just be gone. Years will go by and other comics fans will move in and no one will utter my name. Zombine will return and ask where I am and they will say "Messi who?". Somewhere out there a shivver will go down my spine.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Glad to see you enjoyed it, be sure to post thoughts on anything else you read in the future!

I will, I don't know what I'm going to read next though.

Speaking of, how does one go about reading DC stuff? Just buy physical copies? They don't seem to have a Marvel Unlimited equivalent, which is sad because I want to read me some Batgirl, Power Girl, Batwoman stuff.

I will, I don't know what I'm going to read next though.

Speaking of, how does one go about reading DC stuff? Just buy physical copies? They don't seem to have a Marvel Unlimited equivalent, which is sad because I want to read me some Batgirl, Power Girl, Batwoman stuff.

Yeah, they don't offer a MU type service so you have to buy individual issues or trades/hardcovers.

For Power Girl, you can just pick up the Power Trip TPB. It collects the complete run by Gray/Palmiotti/Conner and it's one of my favorite comics. Batwoman, just pick up Elegy then start the New 52 series. There's a lot of Batgirl so maybe someone can help with that, I've only read part of the series by Bryan Q. Miller and I really like it.

Rhaknar

I heard Messi was banned for being a Harley fanboy

true story

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am to confused for this it seems.

Oh man, I think I am currently not in the right condition for internet. Just to many thoughts that flooting around.

Rhaknar

I heard Gameprof was banned for liking Civil War

:3

Rhaknar

so is Wiccan Wanda's son like for realsies? normal son, no alternate dimension / pulled from the future / hexxed into existance shenanigans?

if so whos the father? Wonder Man? Cant be Vision I assume lol

Hagi

so is Wiccan Wanda's son like for realsies? normal son, no alternate dimension / pulled from the future / hexxed into existance shenanigans?

if so whos the father? Wonder Man? Cant be Vision I assume lol

Tommy and Billy are her reincarnated sons who previously died because they were made from parts of Mephistos soul. It's really weird. They are Visions sons.

Didn't they hand wave that away as hallucinations during House of M?

It comes up in Childrens Crusade as it being true.

Just finished both issues of Jem and The Hollograms. That second issue was muuuuuch better than the first. The characters all came into their own super quick. At first I was just reading for Sophie Campbell but now Im actually curious to see how this goes.

Anyone else reading this? Is the cartoon any good? Wasnt expecting to dig this as much as i did but it's very enjoyable.

tim1138

Tommy and Billy are her reincarnated sons who previously died because they were made from parts of Mephistos soul. It's really weird. They are Visions sons.

I completely forgot everything about Children's Crusade.

Messi

Just finished both issues of Jem and The Hollograms. That second issue was muuuuuch better than the first. The characters all came into their own super quick. At first I was just reading for Sophie Campbell but now Im actually curious to see how this goes.

Anyone else reading this? Is the cartoon any good? Wasnt expecting to dig this as much as i did but it's very enjoyable.

Absolutely love it and cant wait for #3. Really wish it was ongoing. Jem better stop holding my girl Kimber back. She is the real star of the group. I think the art in both issues has been stellar and totally fits the style they are going for.

We have a few people here reading it.

Rhaknar

...I love comic books

So which one is Wiccan? And who is his brother?

I wasn't reading comics during the time, but it always amazes me how far they took the vision and Wanda relationship.

Top Bottom