• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

I've loved all these covers:
ukqtkbawl6uyfmjd0.jpg

Edit: This week's top ten list:
1. The Flash #21
2. Detective Comics #955
3. Wonder Woman #21
4. Action Comics #978
5. The Mighty Thor #18
6. X-Men: Gold #2
7. X-Men: Blue #2
8. Injustice 2 #3
9. Batman #21
10. Infamous Iron Man #7

dawgparty

Been out of comics for a while(year or so). Anything really great right now? The only thing I'm reading is the new Alias and its fucking great(to be expected as the original is my favorite).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Been out of comics for a while(year or so). Anything really great right now? The only thing I'm reading is the new Alias and its fucking great(to be expected as the original is my favorite).

Tom King's run on Vision is the best thing Marvel's published in a long ass time. Ultimates is also great.

caliph95

He's a nazi in this one right?
Spoilers this the ending of the first issue:
Code:
[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/126/597/458.jpg[/IMG]
It's a prelude to the Secret Kingdom event that will change everything and shock you
Turns out Spider-man was secret Goblin/Inheritor (pick whichever is more SHOCKING) the whole time and was working for the bad guy the whole time thanks to cube sheningans.
You can also follow the storyline with Superior Foes and Spider-Man: Miles Morales

I keeep hovering over the buy button for Injustice 2. It's looking really good, especially that story. I know it's smarter to wait for the GOTY collection next year. But still...

I keeep hovering over the buy button for Injustice 2. It's looking really good, especially that story. I know it's smarter to wait for the GOTY collection next year. But still...
They'll probably do a S2 of DLC if they won't have MK11 out in 2019. Jump on it now and you can play with us all and we can complain about motherbox drops together.

Vic_Viper

Finished the first trade of Daredevil: Back in Black. Enjoyable arc, but I'm sad about how Tenfingers ended. Very much a paper tiger, and while I'm not a fan of that, the way that arc ended left me curious, though not exactly wanting. I like Blindspot. Cool chaacter and concept, though not a ton of depth as of yet, there's some super strong groundwork. I also want to say that the issue where Matt goes to see Steve is one of my favorite things I've read. Brilliant.

Really liking this book, so if this is a "starts slow, gets great" kind of book, then I'm fucking in.

The first arc is a bummer compared to what comes after. The latest arc especially is really good. Yeah Tenfingers is a joke, but that was the point lol. The current arc. which is a flashback, has been exploring how Daredevil was able to get his secret identity back which has been really good.

This new Spider-Man costume is rad as hell:

SPIDPOOL2016017-int-LR2-5.jpg

LOL. They are really going all out before Parker looses all his neat toys. Hope he atleast gets to keep the Spider-mobile!

Sandfox

Duggan answered my question and I'm happy with the response. Dude has been giving some really good answers that are getting me hyped.

I made the mistake of going all in on Street Fighter V. As long as it's better than that piece of shit, I'll be happy.
I haven't played a fighting game in a while.

I haven't played a fighting game in a while.

Same. I'm not a big fighting game fan anymore. I pretty much only play them when the subject matter, like comics, for instance, is of interest. Though Tekken 7 looks pretty sweet, too. When I was a kid I would play every fighting game under the sun. From Fighter's History to fucking World Heroes. Still have fond memories of a lot of them. Time Killers, Primal Rage, Bloodstorm....

I don't think I'm getting Injustice until it's cheaper. I hate NRS game mechanics, and the first game was kinda mediocre for competitive play imo. The roster looks much better than the first at least. Happy to see Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, and Doctor Fate all playable.

Just don't really have a major interest with a new Guilty Gear revision next month, Tekken in the summer, Gundam Versus in the fall, and UNIST whenever that drops. I'm not really desperate for new fighters.

I don't think I'm getting Injustice until it's cheaper. I hate NRS game mechanics, and the first game was kinda mediocre for competitive play imo.

Just don't really have a major interest with a new Guilty Gear revision next month, Tekken in the summer, Gundam Versus in the fall, and UNIST whenever that drops. I'm not really desperate for new fighters.

Ah, see. I have more fun with NRS fighters in most cases than I do with anything that comes out of Japan. I like GG and Blazblue, but the combo mechanics present in most of those games don't appeal to me.

Me too but I'm confused by the SKUs. So nothing includes a season pass? And I don't fully get what's in the deluxe edition

Deluxe Edition is the one with the season pass, I believe. It should be in the PSN description. It's the $85 one, right?

Edit: Here you go...

Purchase TEKKEN 7 - Deluxe Edition and get the most complete experience from TEKKEN 7! This edition includes the full TEKKEN 7 game and all additional content eligible to the Season Pass.

Duggan answered my question and I'm happy with the response. Dude has been giving some really good answers that are getting me hyped.

Mmm, really good art team too. Did you see him mention Smallwood? I wonder what the theme of the guest artist issues will be, I saw the listing for volume 1 of the trade will exclude those initially so they must marry up somehow.

I'd love to get back into a fighting game but my brother basically quit playing video games, and no-one in the house is interested. I just can't eek $60 worth out of one alone either.

And I finally made the plunge. Ordered my Nintendo switch

yaaay, what pushed you over the edge, Mario Kart? Or was it just a matter of the stars aligning? What did you order withhh

yaaay, what pushed you over the edge, Mario Kart? Or was it just a matter of the stars aligning? What did you order withhh
Honestly it's success and it was available. I got burned with a launch 3DS and they slashed the price. That price isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I planned on getting one for Mario this year. I beat Zelda on Wii U so I'll double dip eventually. But games like Puyo puyo Tetris, other smaller games and indies portable is also appealing until then. It's similar reasons why I like my vita. Indie handhelds and that cross playlike aspects of it

Picked up Mario kart, a pro controller and the system. Will get Puyo puyo digitally. And arms is looking better and better

Sandfox

Mmm, really good art team too. Did you see him mention Smallwood? I wonder what the theme of the guest artist issues will be, I saw the listing for volume 1 of the trade will exclude those initially so they must marry up somehow.

I'd love to get back into a fighting game but my brother basically quit playing video games, and no-one in the house is interested. I just can't eek $60 worth out of one alone either.

The guest artists will be doing stories about what the characters have been up to since the end of the Bendis run and will tie into the main story. Irving is doing Gamora, Samnee is doing Star-Lord, and we don't know Smallwood will be drawing.

The guest artists will be doing stories about what the characters have been up to since the end of the Bendis run and will tie into the main story. Irving is doing Gamora, Samnee is doing Star-Lord, and we don't know Smallwood will be drawing.
Wait, how much time will have passed since the end of SE by the time the comic starts in-universe? Bendis book ended so recently and the Grounded books aren't all done yet.

Sandfox

Wait, how much time will have passed since the end of SE by the time the comic starts in-universe? Bendis book ended so recently and the Grounded books aren't all done yet.
All of that stuff takes place before SE and this book will probably be picking up weeks later or something.

Top Bottom