• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

It's really good man, you'll love it. Not too long either! I'm the same though. It's weird, I can devote an hour to a tv series each evening, read a trade, play an hour of a game etc daily, but with an actual novel, everything else goes by the way side, or I just can't read it, there's no chapter a day or anything. I find novels really mentally consuming though in a way I don't with other media, I spend a lot of time thinking about a book I'm reading when I'm away from it. So I go a long time but then I'll read like 4 novels in a row ha. Good idea though, wish I'd thought to read AG before the show, I forgot it was coming no soon honestly.

Yea I need to get back into it. Its a good change of pace. I actually have a 10 day trip coming up this summer and I usually read a ton when that happens

...aaaaand taxes are done. More money to spend on comics (aka pay for the comics i impulse bought)

Sandfox

Really excited for Metal, it sounds like it's going to be tons of fun.

Also, this whole announcement makes a mockery of "artists don't sell books." Capullo drawing Batman again will sell gangbusters.
The line was that "fewer artists sell books than writers". I'm not really sure how big of a pull Capullo is though, but I would guess he's on the upper end.

I just realized that Deadpool vol. 1 #11 is one of my favorite comics of all time and Spider-Man/Deadpool #11 is one of my least favorite comics of all time

Now I'm wondering if it was all some kind of meta joke

All I knew Capullo for growing up was Spawn haha unitl the Batman run of course. He had a shoooort creator owned thing right? Like 4 issues? But he was always THE spawn guy to me.

Messi

You guys think we will ever see Snyder and Capullo on am ongoing again? Probably not right? The ongoing nearly killed Capullo.

Btw I seen last night that Fiona Staples owns 50% of Saga. Good for her.

All I knew Capullo for growing up was Spawn haha unitl the Batman run of course. He had a shoooort creator owned thing right? Like 4 issues? But he was always THE spawn guy to me.

Yup me too. The Anti-spawn arc! Morrison/Capullo, 3 issues, best Spawn arc of all time

That might have been my introduction to both of those guys, now that I think about it

frye

982261-haunt1_cover.jpg

this comic was like a photocopy of a photocopy

actually i think this is a mcfarlane thing so maybe not

You guys think we will ever see Snyder and Capullo on am ongoing again? Probably not right? The ongoing nearly killed Capullo.

I figure they'll down a creator owned thing together eventually. Either a mini or ongoing.

12 issues a year? No. But look at what he's been up to at Image with Millar, and the popular 5-6 issues then couple of months break style of the big Image books these days. Once Snyder is done being *the* guy at DC, I'd love to see them do something like that together at Image. Unless Snyder ends up like Johns and ends up an executive, and never goes to Marvel, does his own thing etc

Yup me too. The Anti-spawn arc! Morrison/Capullo, 3 issues, best Spawn arc of all time

That might have been my introduction to both of those guys, now that I think about it

Yea, same actually! Haha I really loved Spawn back in the day. Spawn vs Chapel, the extreme studios crossover. Oh man haha.

this comic was like a photocopy of a photocopy

actually i think this is a mcfarlane thing so maybe not

I read this man, and thiis book was just literally Spawn. With all the exact same flaws haha.

Edit: No idea how that became a double post and not an edit.

Wanderer5

Is Dark Nights: Metal going to be its own thing, or do I need to catch up or be aware of stuff happening in ongoing series?:p

I haven't watched wrestling since I don't know, Edge retired? But I keep seeing ads that I can literally have a free month of wwe network and watch wrestlemania live. and the app is on my bluray player in the bedroom.....is it really so cheap/easy to watch wrestling now? If this is actually the thing, I don't see much reason NOT to watch it. I remember when Wrestlemania was £25 on sky box office...

Owzers

I haven't watched wrestling since I don't know, Edge retired? But I keep seeing ads that I can literally have a free month of wwe network and watch wrestlemania live. and the app is on my bluray player in the bedroom.....is it really so cheap/easy to watch wrestling now? If this is actually the thing, I don't see much reason NOT to watch it. I remember when Wrestlemania was £25 on sky box office...
Do it, you won't regret it.

Believe that.

Do it, you won't regret it.

Believe that.

Lol. No doubt the show quality will be sky high. I think the last one I watched was 26 or 27 going by the cards. The free trial is legit though, it's not "first month free...but you have to sign up for a year!" or some shit though? They do monthly subs?

EDIT: ....Goldberg is the champ and Shane McMahon is on the poster?...

Wanderer5

Yay Kotobukiya stuff with loads of comic characters. Looks like they are going into the DC rebirth via the ARTFX+ 1/10 line, starting with Superman and then his son. I haven't gone through with checking out any of these ARTFX+ stuff yet, but maybe that will change with DC Rebirth Batman, cause I really like his current design.

564146.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Animosity started off so well, but it's kinda shit the bed since then. Considering dropping it.

Oh, one thing that upset me about Inhumans Prime was Swain: her power isn't mind control, she's an empath and can control people's emotional states. It's part of why she got together with Panacea, since Panacea was effectively emotionless, Swain couldn't affect her and control her.

Yay Kotobukiya stuff with loads of comic characters. Looks like they are going into the DC rebirth via the ARTFX+ 1/10 line, starting with Superman and then his son. I haven't gone through with checking out any of these ARTFX+ styff yet, but maybe that will change with DC Rebirth Batman, cause I really like his current design.

A new Supergirl bishoujo is on the way, too!

I have the original, which I really like.

Wanderer5

A new Supergirl bishoujo is on the way, too!

I have the original, which I really like.

I find the new one to be much nicer heh. And would love for Mera to come around sometime, hopefully sooner than later.:p

And while I am not interested in the Fine Arts stuff, it seems like people really wanted a return to the X-Men Danger Room Sessions line, so great news for them.

Top Bottom