• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

I did actually get the rest of the stuff I ordered from IST around the same time as the Hellboy Library Editions (a solid chunk of Dark Horse manga and a TMNT volume). So I'm guessing it's more they got hit extra hard for certain stuff with the sale, Hellboy having been a super obvious target, and it's just taking them time to get enough in stock to fulfill orders. It is crazy that they apparently charge before shipping though, didn't know that (not that it's a huge problem for me or anything, but nice to know).

Also, it's times like this that having a meaty backlog is nice! Though being able to read Hellboy would be nice, I can definitely keep myself occupied.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sorry the Teen Cyclops with eyepatch in a canoe took so long. I had to capture his essence.

i2SC0Gdvw4dNn.png

For that matter, how are New 52 Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps?

Green Lantern and Corp have been in a series of events since the New 52 started, more or less, making them less friendly to just hoping in. They're still good, mind you, but I'd probably recommend New Guardians, unless you're relatively up to date on your Lantern knowledge.

That's Legion of Superheroes right? A bunch of characters no one gives a crap about anymore.

Don't worry Messi. They'll soon have friends in the form of half the books you currently read. ;)

Kipp

IST shipment came today, non superhero edition.

Nice! I just found One Soul at the library today, so I'll be reading it very soon as well! Tim's recommendations haven't failed me yet, so I'm really excited to read it.

Kipp

Burt Reynolds throwing a potato at Captain America

So I didn't end up having time to do this one since I'm going to bed right now, but I might get around to drawing that tomorrow because that should be great fun to draw.

Also, am I a bad person because the only things I know about Burt Reynolds are what I learned watching Archer?

Loke13

Does anyone have a list of GL/GLC events since the New 52 started? I wanted to catch on some reading I've been out of the loop since 2011.

Ultima_5

Sooooo I just finished Y the last man for the first time. I really liked it.

SPOILERS
The last few chapters were sorta meh but I liked it regardless. So what's the official answer for all the men dying. They mentioned a few possible options. Is the accepted answer what dr Mann suggested? The wireless evolution thing?"

Also 355s death was bull. She should've died fighting the Israeli commando lady. Not a fan of getting sniped. Also ampersands death was the worst part :(.

I did like yorick escaping at the end though

Also now I don't know what to read. =/

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

SPOILERS
The last few chapters were sorta meh but I liked it regardless. So what's the official answer for all the men dying. They mentioned a few possible options. Is the accepted answer what dr Mann suggested? The wireless evolution thing?"

Also 355s death was bull. She should've died fighting the Israeli commando lady. Not a fan of getting sniped. Also ampersands death was the worst part :(.

Read more BKV!

My wife just read We3 next to me in bed and was all emotional and stuff and said humans suck. But then she brought the book to her head like she wanted to cuddle with it with a puppy dog face.

I'm so curious to read it now. JSA omnibus is still going though.

Fucking hell, ghost rider's cancelled? I get that the art is worse now, but it's still not bad, so I was still on board.

Also, with ultimates gone, Miles is the last man standing in the ultimate universe, huh? I wonder if it'll go off the deep end.

probably not. Bendis.

Mr.Towel

Runaways Complete Collection vol. 1 and 2 is finally being reprinted in softcover. Read it if you haven't already then pretend that they stopped making Runaways comics after BKV and Alphona left.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Runaways Complete Collection vol. 1 and 2 is finally being reprinted in softcover. Read it already if you haven't then pretend that they stopped making Runaways comics after BKV and Alphona left.

I cant believe Runaways was so mishandled.

How's the Marvel NOW version of Nova?

I'm pretty sure nobody reads it, but my friend has a couple issues that I perused. Since Duggan took over it's pretty fun. I'd say it's a good kids book.

Also, what is it with Duggan and doing fantastic repair jobs on character's everyone has written off? He's fixed both Sam and Deadpool now.

Mr.Towel

I cant believe Runaways was so mishandled.

It still bums me out. It's like no-one knew what to do with them. A couple of good writers just write the most bland stories then the team splits up and Marvel kills some of them off. Awesome. Thanks Marvel.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Fucking hell, ghost rider's cancelled? I get that the art is worse now, but it's still not bad, so I was still on board.

Also, with ultimates gone, Miles is the last man standing in the ultimate universe, huh? I wonder if it'll go off the deep end.

probably not. Bendis.

link?

New Warriors, Elektra, Ultimates?, and All-New Ghost Rider canceled. What else at Marvel?

I thought Marvel was supposed to be superfast with their trades! I was at a Barnes and Noble today and was wondering why i couldn't find any TPs for Secret Avengers and Ms. Marvel and no dice on either. turns out they don't drop til October!

So, I tried with Secret Avengers guys, therefore if it gets cancelled it's not my fault
That's Legion of Superheroes right? A bunch of characters no one gives a crap about anymore.

did they ever?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

probably not. Bendis.

It looks like they're setting up multiple outs for Miles to keep on going if his universe gets fucked. So here's hoping
The Cabal
go in on that corpse of a universe.

Old man Logan is on sale. Good or bad? I read millars enemy of the state back in the day and remember it being ok

Also Kirby genesis Is on sale. Is this series from dynamite any good? It does have busiek....

Timo

SPOILERS

i read BKV say that the answer is in the series somewhere, but it could have been any of the theories mentioned, not just major plotlines, it might of been mentioned just once by a small side character, anything. So something there is right, but he's not telling you what.

Messi

I've become a comic's hoarder. Buying stuff but never reading it. My backlog of new comics grows each week. I cherry pick all the bad stuff and read it first to get it out of the way then wait until I am in the mood to read good stuff. But that time never seems to come.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've become a comic's hoarder. Buying stuff but never reading it. My backlog of new comics grows each week. I cherry pick all the bad stuff and read it first to get it out of the way then wait until I am in the mood to read good stuff. But that time never seems to come.

Same here. Around 30 Softcovers and 6 Omnibusses in the Backlog...

Tizoc

Transformers MTMTE 32
Hmm not the best issue yet but...loved the character interactions. Hope this mystery gets resolved soon, cuz I have an idea on what's going on.
...but lawd Nautica's my fav. TF character now.
SvZ7DeX.jpg

Superman 34
Liked the new villain and that twist in the ending is impressive.

All-Star Western 34
Guess this series is over? Well at least Hex had a happy ending haha.

Black Science 8
Good issue.

Saga 22
That development...

Wayward #1
Good issue, seems to take ques from magical girl shows, looking forward to the next one.

The Goon #2
Good issue, but it was more of a set-up, the next 2 should be more impactful.

Sonic Universe 67
Yo...
Snively is def. an undercover agent for Eggman, I just know it
Also
sonic_the_barrel_asplgnjg2.png

Megaman 40
Nice issue, I liked the X and Megaman story, but was more into the X story cuz of the characters. Also Toxic Seahorse and Flame Mammoth get name dropped, I geeked at that panel :p

Kipp

I do the exact same thing.

Green Lantern and Corp have been in a series of events since the New 52 started, more or less, making them less friendly to just hoping in. They're still good, mind you, but I'd probably recommend New Guardians, unless you're relatively up to date on your Lantern knowledge.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.

I'm pretty sure nobody reads it, but my friend has a couple issues that I perused. Since Duggan took over it's pretty fun. I'd say it's a good kids book.

Also, what is it with Duggan and doing fantastic repair jobs on character's everyone has written off? He's fixed both Sam and Deadpool now.

Alright, I guess I'm at a maybe at this point for that one.

Zombine

Banned
I do the exact same thing.

You are not a comic hoarder. Your are conserving the best of the best for future generations of readers once these editions go out of print.

At least that's what I tell myself.

Sounds like you're not a hoarder but simply a connoisseur of bad comics. The sooner you accept it, embrace it, and only buy bad comics*, the happier you'll be.

You're pretty much there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom