• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IST shipment came today, non superhero edition.

BwK_lsIIEAApPqb.jpg

Nice I just got both of Fawkes' books too. Let me know what you think.

Mumei

Books a Million has some great deals on Graphic Novels, but I cant access the website, can somebody of you?

BOOKSAMILLION.COM is temporarily unavailable.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please click here to try loading the site again.

Thanks for using BOOKSAMILLION.COM!​

Nope.

I've become a comic's hoarder. Buying stuff but never reading it. My backlog of new comics grows each week. I cherry pick all the bad stuff and read it first to get it out of the way then wait until I am in the mood to read good stuff. But that time never seems to come.

I was kind of getting that way. Waiting for "the right mood". Putting it off. Started feeling like it was a hassle or something I don't know why.
Then I remembered I buy and read these things because its a hobby and art is awesome. lol

Now I usually read all my Wednesday books (10- 13ish books) by Thursday maybe 1 or 2 left on friday

Messi

I was kind of getting that way. Waiting for "the right mood". Putting it off. Started feeling like it was a hassle or something I don't know why.
Then I remembered I buy and read these things because its a hobby and art is awesome. lol

Now I usually read all my Wednesday books (10- 13ish books) by Thursday maybe 1 or 2 left on friday

You are living the dream man. Damn.

Hagi

Wednesday comics has become Friday comics it seems. I had no idea Superman was so good. I'm loving what JRJR and Laura Martin are doing with the interiors, Clark with the back to front cap lol. The cover for 33 is amazing if i could buy it as a poster i would. It's been a while since I've rolled with DC let alone a Johns book but this is firmly in my pull list for the foreseeable future. Romita's art is so refreshing after reading some of the issues Rocafort had done.

Picked up hard copies for Black Widow seeing as i really enjoy it and the LCS had the trade for 30% off.

Low #2 is amazing, Tocchini for President.

Still catching up on Black Science so it'll be a while before i read 8.

Mumei

I've become a comic's hoarder. Buying stuff but never reading it. My backlog of new comics grows each week. I cherry pick all the bad stuff and read it first to get it out of the way then wait until I am in the mood to read good stuff. But that time never seems to come.

I've started doing this. I should do an inventory on what I own that I haven't read yet.

Hagi

That's certainly going to be a big jump in quality from Liefields series. The only experience i have of Slade comes from Teen Titans and Arrow so i might pick this up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I've started doing this. I should do an inventory on what I own that I haven't read yet.

How do you choose to buy comics?

For me, I look up as much info about it before I decide to order anything so I know it's something that I will really enjoy.

Having a backlog of comics seems so foreign to me.

Speaking of buying, I've got my eye on 3 things on eBay. Hopefully those don't get bid up too much.

For me, I look up as much info about it before I decide to order anything so I know it's something that I will really enjoy.

Speaking of buying, I've got my eye on 3 things on eBay. Hopefully those don't get bid up too much.

I hope we aren't going after the same thing.
I am bidding on something today as well.

Same. When books start bleeding into the next week, time to drop a bunch of stuff.

A lot of us tend to throw in extra books for our orders on InStockTrades to get free shipping, I know a have a few books from them I have yet to read.

For me, it mostly boils down to buying trades from series I follow but I never get around to reading them. I make a decent amount of blind purchases when I'm at the shop as well, which really does not help. Plus there's also digital comics. Comixology always has good sales and Humble Bundle has been putting out a lot of good bundles lately. I think my digital backlog is beyond 60 books at this point.

My physical backlog has been slowly shrinking since I've been making an effort to read more. I managed to get through four volumes of TMNT very recently and I'm actually reading through Doom Patrol right now. I just need to get myself to start reading my digital comics. I've already decided to take a small break from ordering/buying more trades at the moment until I clear out more of my backlog.

I got my B&N boxes yesterday, and I think that is how they were transported. Haven't had a chance to open them yet, will assess the carnage tonight.

Yeah, B&N packaging fucking blows. I once ordered a box set from them and they tossed it in a box with one air packet and plenty of empty space.

No. Please tell me they didn't fuck it up. I was really enjoying it recently

They did kinda fuck it up.

Kate
left Mags so that Maggie could spend time with her daughter. Kate didn't want to rob Maggie's daughter of the time she could spend with her mom.

And now
Kate is a vampire.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Kate
left Mags so that Maggie could spend time with her daughter. Kate didn't want to rob Maggie's daughter of the time she could spend with her mom.

DC really dont want to have a lesbian couple in their books, do they?

And now
Kate is a vampire.

Sounds kinda cool.

I really should jump in Batwoman, was always very interested in the series.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Kate

And now
Kate is a vampire.

Fucking superhero comics...

Also, Kate
leaving Maggie was also part of the deal Kate made with Maggie's ex, as he was suing for custody. Kate breaking up with Maggie makes that go away

Bucky to be the New Nicky Fury(from Original Sin).

So, with Bucky becoming the new man on the wall, he is once again put in a position where he has his new job almost decided for him. It’s like, before they brainwashed you, you became the Russian spy/killer, then you were going to go work for Captain America because you felt like that was the only thing you could do. Now you’re going to be this because the other old white man died, and what does that mean for you? How do you deal with a job that you just get from someone else? How do you transform that job to fit who you are? What if you haven’t even decided who you really are in certain ways? How do you change as you travel through the galaxy on your missions? And you are facing things that you’ve never even conceived of in your mind before. What does that do to your mind and to the life of someone who gets something that is very black-and-white and straight-cut and realizes that there is much more to life than that?

I think we actually need a new spoiler policy. Part of me thinks posting news that the company is intentionally putting out there is not a spoiler, similar to how Peter Capaldi was announced as the Doctor in Doctor Who in a TV special months before he actually appeared. It's tough to tell with comics companies. We've known Wolverine's going to "die" for at least a year now for instance.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck, this annoys me so much, I was so excited to see what happens to Fury in Original Sin and now I know it. Shit, I managed to avoid all spoilers until now -,-

I think we actually need a new spoiler policy. Part of me thinks posting news that the company is intentionally putting out there is not a spoiler, similar to how Peter Capaldi was announced as the Doctor in Doctor Who in a TV special months before he actually appeared. It's tough to tell with comics companies. We've known Wolverine's going to "die" for at least a year now for instance.

Yeah, because it was the name of the story arc.

Original Sin isnt named
Death of Nick Fury

MG310

...about that Original Sin thing...

Didn't they pretty much spoil that when they announced what Bucky's new solo series was going to be? Sounded like he was going to be doing the exact same thing we knew Fury was doing halfway through Original Sin.

I don't know, if Marvel is publicizing it, it's on them, not the dude who posts it. They suck and are stupid for not maintaining the surprise on their end, but we can't be arsed to wonder if we shouldn't be posting actual news.

...about that Original Sin thing...

Didn't they pretty much spoil that when they announced what Bucky's new solo series was going to be? Sounded like he was going to be doing the exact same thing we knew Fury was doing halfway through Original Sin.

Indeed they did.

fertygo

I learned to not give a shit to spoiler when its comes to comic, that's pretty much the only way to jump into the media anyway.

No. Please tell me they didn't fuck it up. I was really enjoying it recently

Kate

And now
Kate is a vampire.

DC really dont want to have a lesbian couple in their books, do they?

Sounds kinda cool.

I really should jump in Batwoman, was always very interested in the series.

Kate x
Noctura!!!
! ;)

I don't even mind the Kate and Maggie stuff. It's a clever way for them to renege on the whole marriage thing without resorting to like, ruining the potential of the relationship. I just didn't expect them to actually go the route that they did. Comics being what they are and everything being reversible, in the end, I say why the fuck not.

Owzers

I'm split on companies being terrible on purpose to drive hype. If it's an announcement, is it a spoiler? Or is it news? If Marvel posts something about the ending to a book that releases the next day, i don't think it's proper to further spread that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm split on companies being terrible on purpose to drive hype. If it's an announcement, is it a spoiler? Or is it news? If Marvel posts something about the ending to a book that releases the next day, i don't think it's proper to further spread that.
Exact this.

You can at least set a manual Spoiler-Tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom