• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

I've read tomorrow's Deadly Class and I am still flabbergasted at the Spoiler Art Remender just posted.

Holy fuck. I honestly can't believe what he just revealed.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. From way before:

Future-Tony-Time-Line1.jpg

"Steves Vision"

Not sure when and where this vision actually happened, I think in Brubakers Run?

That was in Bendis' run, I believe. The one with the JRJR art.

That was in Bendis' run, I believe. The one with the JRJR art.
The martian walkers showed up in Avengers Forever as well. It's an old Marvel gimmick: "Things are bad in the future? Bring on the walkers!"

Think it started as a cancelled spin-off about a superhero fighting on Mars but editors liked the designs enough to incorporate it over the years.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, thats were the Pane is from, but the events are from all Marvel books ;)
I am very sure Steves vision with the Tripods happened in Captain America

Oh, oh. Gotcha.

Anyway. Simonson's Thor continues to be real cool. I'm about to get to the famous Skurge thing and I'm excited.

So I saw that Burnham went back and re-did the pages himself he had fill-in subs do in the second run of Batman Incorporated (i.e the New 52 run) when preparing it for the Absolute Edition release. I'm guessing the answer is "no" , but does anyone know if they updated the CMX digital issues to reflect the redrawn pages?

So I saw that Quitely went back and re-did the pages himself he had fill-in subs do in the second run of Batman Incorporated (i.e the New 52 run) when preparing it for the Absolute Edition release. I'm guessing the answer is "no" , but does anyone know if they updated the CMX digital issues to reflect the redrawn pages?

Whoa first I heard. That's amazing.

Usually they put out a deluxe edition a year later with that stuff. That's what they did with New Frontier.

continuing my read of War of Kings, finished kingbreaker just now

yknow, all these years seeing segments of comigaf hate on vulcan and the odd scan, i (somehow) got the impression that dude was Space Namor, by which i mean "an asshole, sure, but there is a whole lot more in there"

the clue that that wasn't the case was as obvious as noticing that he's a havok antagonist, really. Nothing good could come of that. Aint no way in hell that a dude that's gonna get clowned repeatedly by Alex Summers could ever be a decent antagonist.

so far Gabriel really is just the embodiment of Summers Family Issues. Like, i thought havok already had that niche covered. Nope. Not even close.

Bargain Bin Space Creature From The Black Lagoon is pretty legit tho

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Everyone who thinks that the Bar Without A Name issue in Tangled Web of Spider-Man is not the best Green Goblin Spider-Man Story ever lies.

Why can you read in the Discord Channel

petran79

Banned
Currently I am in Israel in Yad Vashem uni for a Holocaust seminar. Visited the book store and suddenly I remembered reading that graphic novel but never actually owning it.Fortunately they had it.
So I bought Maus (with a discount). Read it again in one sitting. Even more powerful impression than the first time.

tim1138

So I saw that Quitely went back and re-did the pages himself he had fill-in subs do in the second run of Batman Incorporated (i.e the New 52 run) when preparing it for the Absolute Edition release. I'm guessing the answer is "no" , but does anyone know if they updated the CMX digital issues to reflect the redrawn pages?

You mean Burnham? Quitely had nothing to do with Batman Inc. As far as I know the updated pages have not appeared in any other format.

It was a big deal before the book came out, Nathan Fairbairn even did a guest column at Comics Alliance about the process and coloring the new pages - http://comicsalliance.com/batman-incorporated-absolute-process-nathan-fairbairn/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Currently I am in Israel in Yad Vashem uni for a Holocaust seminar. Visited the book store and suddenly I remembered reading that graphic novel but never actually owning it.Fortunately they had it.
So I bought Maus (with a discount). Read it again in one sitting. Even more powerful impression than the first time.
Need to read that at some point, too.

Usually they put out a deluxe edition a year later with that stuff. That's what they did with New Frontier.
I think yall are confusing Quitely with Diet Quitely, Chris Burnham

Everyone who thinks that the Bar Without A Name issue in Tangled Web of Spider-Man is not the best Green Goblin Spider-Man Story ever lies.

Why can you read in the Discord Channel
How much was the new omnibus? Remember reading it in a swedish issue but I feel like I should get it again or at least buy them in the next CMX sale.

sogood.gif

I'm off to hospital because my jaw won't close...

Right?! I mentioned this elsewhere but it feels like they really want to build that mental connection up front "just like Hellboy and it's spinoffs" lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they used that cover for the trade, they did something similar with the witcher trade. I'd be interested how much this expansion is Lemire looking to go further with BH and how much is Dark Horse starting to look for alternatives once the Mignolaverse winds down further after this run of BPRD is up. I imagine it's both, but just who is the driving force.

"Sherlock Frankenstein and the Legion of Evil" is definitely a comic book name, alright.

Hahaha Yup. I showed my partner and she was like "that sure does look like something you would read". It's got its boxes checked.

I think yall are confusing Quitely with Diet Quitely, Chris Burnham

Gah, yup, my mistake.

What's funny is I was reading Nameless a little while back and actively thinking "man, what would this have looked like if they got actual Quitely on this instead of Burnham? Would it have made a difference?"

Ross61

Ragman miniseries written by Ray Fawkes with art by Inaki Miranda. Covers by Guillem March.
War vet Rory Regan is plagued by the death of his time after a failed mission to find a hidden treasure in the Israeli desert. While battling survivor’s guilt back home in Gotham City, Regan discovers that he actually bought the treasure back home with him, in the form of the Suit of Souls. The Suit of Souls has the ability to trap and collect the souls of others, including those of his dead partners.
With the aid of his dead teammates, Rory begins to learn more about the abilities of the suit, when something evil begins to brew in Gotham. An evil demon from hell wants the Suit of Souls, and is sending his minions to retrieve it for him. Now Rory must learn how to use the suit and its powers to stop these evil forces from invading Gotham City before it’s too late.

God damn at that Ragman series, I thought that was Haunt at first.

Yeah, that's certainly a... different... take on the character.

I loved that 90s miniseries way back in the day. If they're in the process of bringing back my C-lister heroes I used to love from my younger days that aren't available on CMX.... c'mon Marvel! Bring back Sleepwalker! You can do it!

I love that DC are doing some horror stuff for Halloween, the house of horrors thing looked neat the other day and this looks fun too. Fawkes back in the fold after awhile too.

Oh Baldeon, does that mean he's off Monsters? I loved Spirits of Vengeance as a kid lol, no idea if they were actually good quality comics but young Donnie got a kick out of them. One of the first Marvel things I was exposed to after the Infinity Watch.

tim1138

More like all new all different tim: A middle age white guy is replaced with a minority 'millennial' youth except the wording in the posts is pretty weird and awkward and the memes feel like theyre written by Mark Waid so we're all just waiting for the original to come back

I legitimately laughed out loud at this

Malyse

For those unfamiliar with Mojo, he’s the corpulent, self indulgent ruler of the other dimensional Mojoverse, a world that is fixated on round the clock, 24 hour reality programming, who has a yellow complexion and is obsessed with ratings and his own popularity.
huh.

Top Bottom