• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Dalek

So can I assume there's going to be a future DC event called
Dark Crisis? Joker mentions that phrase and it ties in with "Dark Days".

Green Lantern: Earth One book coming

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07...-drastic-change-to-hal-jordans-tale-exclusive

$

Oh wow!

Aizo

Banned
The Casting was so cool. I feel like I have so much to read before next month. Ahhh!!
Who the hell are these Dark Knights?? Batman's real father?? What??
How is the terrain for cycling in Japan? An easy ride or no?
It depends. Japan is a very mountainous country. I've lived in several different prefectures, and they've all had quite different terrain. Tokyo is for sure an easy ride. Nagano... would be harder.

That Green Lantern Earth One book looks *sweet*. I really liked their work on Invisible Republic.

It's pretty good. I came out of vol 1 feeling pretty into where things were going, then came out of vol 2 feeling like nothing had reaaaally happened. The flashback framework slows the pace somewhat but it is a fairly interesting book, good character work. I think they're a great fit for this project though and the OGN format will suit them I think.

Gonna include everything, like the stuff I loved as a kid/teen/young creature, too.

Archie (especially stories featuring the old-school art or little Archie)

Calvin and Hobbes

Byrne's She-Hulk (first superhero comic/floppy I ever read and loved. I had a subscription!)

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (teen angst mode. I thought it was freaking hilarious)

The Walking Dead (comic that pulled me back in my 30's. Read full volumes in one sitting sometimes running back to the store after finishing)

Sweet Tooth (shouldn't be including this as I have yet to finish it, but I love the volumes I've read SO MUCH)

Gotham Central

Blammo (angsty indie goodness)

Optic Nerve

And, unless it deteriorates greatly, Paper Girls

Dalek

So Spider-Men II makes it clear that Peter and Miles both remember
Pre-Secret Wars that Miles lived in another universe

shingi70

Banned
Feels bad, I liked this issue of Harbinger Renegades but
I haven't read much of the Gen Zero kids so their deaths don't have much meaning to me.

shingi70

Banned
I thought Dark Crisis was a reference to Snyder calling Metal a Crisis their event without the name. Kinda like how Flashpoint and Convergenxe are crisis like titles.

tim1138

Re: The Casting

I laughed at Batman literally doing exactly what Wonder Woman told him not with regards to the sword (throwing away the light for the darkness).

Owzers

Deadly class 29 was what I don't like about monthly comics.
saya, something horrible is going to happen to you, feel dread! Then take a month off of that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So Spider-Men II makes it clear that Peter and Miles both remember
Pre-Secret Wars that Miles lived in another universe

Yeah, that threw me a little because in other places he didn't seem to. But it's Bendis, and his canon probably trumps others.

RT this if you want a 'Tec swimsuit special cover.

For those who've read Spider-Men II, is it true Miles brings up a "Mega Venom Blast" like he's in DBZ or something?

More or less. Honestly, I'm just glad that it came up again, what 2 years?

Feels bad, I liked this issue of Harbinger Renegades but
I haven't read much of the Gen Zero kids so their deaths don't have much meaning to me.

Generation Zero was great stuff imo, but the main takeaway is that they had started this safe haven for psiots (mostly young ones) and now it's gone to shit. Part of the Gen Zero kids were also in Harbinger Wars. As a follower, the one death that I thought would happen (Chrono) didn't seem like it'd be too bad; but Telic and Gamete hit closer to home. Also, the fact that they were just kids and the whole thing was so brutal :(

Ross61

That's a perfect team for an Earth One GL story. And I love that pitch too. Now gives us Flash and Aquaman Earth One reveals.

VanWinkle

That GL Earth One news. Holy crap. I want it now.

My top 10:

-DC The New Frontier by Cooke
-Starman by Robinson
-Green Lantern by Johns
-Planetary by Ellis/Cassaday
-Fantastic Four/FF by Hickman
-JSA by Johns/Goyer/Robinson
-52 by Morrison/Johns/Rucka/Waid/Giffen
-Gotham Central by Brubaker/Rucka
-Manhunter by Andreyko
-Secret Six by Simone

Those last 3 could change day to day but right now that's what I'll say.

Ross61

New Deadman series from Neal Adams. No word on if its a mini or ongoing.

Hope DC isn't announcing everything before SDCC

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Castlevania anime has the worst cliffhanger ever.
Also: How does it comes how awful Warren Ellis dialogues are? That was offensiv bad.
But I really love the show overall.

VanWinkle

Is Adams writing it too? Kinda excited for a modern, bat shit insane Adams take on Deadman.

I mean, I'm not against insane, but Adams just writes terribly. Everyone told me how ridiculous Batman Odyssey was, but I thought to myself, "I like ridiculous, though!" But it turned out it's bad ridiculous, not good ridiculous (like, say, Morrison).

Ross61

I'd rather have had Chris Sebela write it (I loved his Deadman in the New Talent Showcase), but 22 pages of Adams nonsense will be entertaining.

Maybe they'll add Sebela ass co-writer. They seem intent on getting their Talent Workshop graduates on more titles.

Messi

Adam Hughes and Mike Mignola on Hellboy this winter

http://nerdist.com/mike-mignola-hellboy-movie-comics-exclusive-interview/

HBYKRMP-FC-FNL.jpg

With Comic-Con International: San Diego looming, Dark Horse has announced three new Mignola-verse titles and these are unique in one very special way: Mike himself is returning to full writing duties with three sets of collaborators. Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten, Dave Stewart, Mike Hiddleston), Koshchei the Deathless (Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck, Dave Stewart), and Hellboy: Krampus (Mike Mignola, Adam Hughes) will see Mignola take a truly active writing role for the first time since the last issue of Hellboy in Hell in 2016. “It’s been a lot of work,” said Mike. “I really have a full time job again, what with drawing covers as well as writing plots and scripts for these books.”

Fucking what! Went to shave, came back to KOSHCHEI THE DEATHLESS book. Rasputin. And an Adam Hughes book (lol at that one). Okay then. This week is going pretty well.

Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten, Dave Stewart, Mike Hiddleston), Koshchei the Deathless (Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck, Dave Stewart), and Hellboy: Krampus (Mike Mignola, Adam Hughes) will see Mignola take a truly active writing role for the first time since the last issue of Hellboy in Hell in 2016. ”It's been a lot of work," said Mike. ”I really have a full time job again, what with drawing covers as well as writing plots and scripts for these books."

Thankful to read this. The quality hasn't dipped too much? But there's been a few spots here and there in a few of the spin offs lately.

Top Bottom