• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Didn't he say a few months back that with Tokyo Ghost he wanted to give it to another team? I'm sure I remember that
Another team? Idk if I like that. Although I can see Sean Murphy doing both the art and the writing if he really wanted to continue the book. Remender would definitely not say no. Maybe after he's done with his Batman book.

Another team? Idk if I like that. Although I can see Sean Murphy doing both the art and the writing if he's up to it. Maybe after he's done with his Batman book.

Oh here we go, he initially considered giving the whole book over but decided against it. Instead:

We still talk about more “Tokyo Ghost.” Like I said, I have the next story outlined, and I know what it is. Sean is super busy over in Batman town. So I need to find someone who can follow Sean. I had someone lined up, but it’s going to be a style shift no matter which way we go. I would still like to get to that and I know the story would be pretty satisfying.

He speaks a little more about where the characters could show up in the meantime

http://www.cbr.com/interview-rick-remender-giant-generator-image-comics/

Zombine

Banned
If you want to make me throw up. Do you hate me or something?

I just want to see his take on the land of the rising sun!

Imagine if the Emperor was a Kaiju and he was fighting American terrorists who want to blow up the sun so the rising sun thing won't make sense anymore.

Also, the Yakuza abudct schoolgirls to train them to become robot Assassins.

I just want to see his take on the land of the rising sun!

Imagine if the Emperor was a Kaiju and he was fighting American terrorists who want to blow up the sun so the rising sun thing won't make sense anymore.

Also, the Yakuza abudct schoolgirls to train them to become robot Assassins.

It's like it came straight out of Millar's mind.

Female Doctor Who. I'm sure the Internet will be respectful about this.

I'll miss Capaldi ("You’re going to die, too, someday. When will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.") but I am incredibly hype about this.

I hope she eventually does Big Finish at some point after her tenure. I want the multi-Doctor stories badly now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Female Doctor Who. I'm sure the Internet will be respectful about this.

I kind of want to avoid the internet today, just so I can keep some faith in humanity. But she was great in Attack the Block and Broadchurch, so I'm looking forward to it.

What? The Doctor is a woman? There is no such thing as a female doctor!

I read an article (or perhaps a tweet thread) the other day about that old riddle, "a kid gets into an accident and his father drives him to the hospital, then the doctor says he can't operate on him because 'he's my son'".

The writer had been told the riddle when he was a kid, and how it took him a while to get it, because he didn't think of women being doctors back in the 70s or whatever. The twist to the story was, he told the riddle to his kid a few weeks ago, and his kid thought about for a few seconds and said "The doctor is his other dad".

So hey, we might have a gay Doctor in the 2030s.

I kind of want to avoid the internet today, just so I can keep some faith in humanity. But she was great in Attack the Block and Broadchurch, so I'm looking forward to it.

I read an article (or perhaps a tweet thread) the other day about that old riddle, "a kid gets into an accident and his father drives him to the hospital, then the doctor says he can't operate on him because 'he's my son'".

The writer had been told the riddle when he was a kid, and how it took him a while to get it, because he didn't think of women being doctors back in the 70s or whatever. The twist to the story was, he told the riddle to his kid a few weeks ago, and his kid thought about for a few seconds and said "The doctor is his other dad".

So hey, we might have a gay Doctor in the 2030s.

Doctor Who has had plenty of representation since the revival though. Russell T Davies was the showrunner for four and a half series! And the last series ended with a black woman jaunting around space with her lesbian lover.

I'm definitely one of those who dislikes the Doctor having ANY romantic partners though. I.....strongly dislike the companions making googly eyes at the Doctor. Probably why I love Donna so much. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape if that's where they go with it. MST3K Mantra and all that.

From Ellis newsletter(not going to embed covers or pages, follow him):
I had a slow week last week, where my brain wasn't quite firing, the producorial load was kind of high, the inbound seemed unstoppable and I wasn't getting enough actual writing done. If I don't get this script finished today, I'm kind of screwed. Losing two days next week puts me behind schedule on a couple of things. The rest of this month is going to be a death march. It doesn't help that the script I'm on today - an issue of THE WILD STORM - is insanely complicated. Speaking of Wildstorm:

My mandate with the Wildstorm Universe revival was to create and produce four titles over two years. The first was THE WILD STORM. The second, arriving in October, is MICHAEL CRAY.

Here's the press release. And check out that cover, created for me by the legendary Denys Cowan, inked by Bill Sienkiewicz and coloured by Steve Buccellato. I asked for Denys and was amazed to get him.

Working with my editor Marie Javins, I chose this creative team, and wrote a bible for the series. The writer, Bryan Hill -- who you may know from POSTAL and ROMULUS, the tv show ASH VS EVIL DEAD, or this news story from the past week on his sale of a spec script to Voltage. N Steven Harris has an amazing purity of line and sense of space that puts me in mind of masters like Chris Sprouse. Dexter Vines has been one of the best ink artists in the business for as long as I can remember.

The series spins right out of THE WILD STORM 6, which is out next Wednesday. It's a fairly simple premise. The best killer in the world is dying of a brain tumour. He believes himself to be an ethical actor - the hero of his story. What will his legacy be, and how much good can he do before he dies? (Given that, in Michael Cray's head, "good" equates to "killing the right people.")

A round of applause, please, for these fine gentlemen - Bryan Edward Hill, N Steven Harris and Dexter Vines, for they know not what they do by teaming up with me, the poor bastards. It's a rare privilege to get to work with them.

INJECTION 15 is wrapped on my end, and the rest of the team just brought in 14. This is a page from 14 - Jordie likes the glitch, so I wrote a page where she could just go nuts with it. I think this might be her favourite arc yet.

I'm already thinking about the next arc, which is about Simeon Winters of the British Secret Intelligence Service, commonly known as MI6. I promised Declan a James Bond experience for this one, so I have to return to the mindset of being an Ian Fleming James Bond Official Continuation Author.

(If you don't know what I mean by that, google JAMES BOND: VARGR and JAMES BOND: EIDOLON)

All of the INJECTION volumes are takes on classic British weird fictions. Vol 1 was Quatermass, Vol 2 was Holmes, Vol 3 is Doctor Who. I felt like taking a tour of the old terrains. So Vol 4 is Bond. Vol 5 can possibly be characterised as Carnacki. These are probably personal territories as much as anything.

I'm deconstructing Fleming plots in my head to get something Bondlike and also Injectionlike. Made trickier by the fact that we hit a big plot beat in INJECTION 15 that changes the nature of the relationship between the five members of the CCCU.

He's happy about the Doctor news.

Francavilla is hype as well.

Looks like it would fit in nicely with his covers for the Prisoners of Time 50th Anniversary comics.

Next summer's Titan Comics crossover with Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve and presumably Thirteen is going to be great. Comics would be the only chance we'd get for her to encounter the War Doctor as well.

Played a tabletop game called 'Mutants and Masterminds' for the first time today. It's basically Superhero D&D and it is awesome. There's DC and Marvel set ups too.

Played a tabletop game called 'Mutants and Masterminds' for the first time today. It's basically Superhero D&D and it is awesome. There's DC and Marvel set ups too.

M&M 2nd Ed was amazing, I ran a mash-up setting game for years off that. Didn't like 3rd Ed as much but I have all the DC Adventures books for it.

M&M 2nd Ed was amazing, I ran a mash-up setting game for years off that. Didn't like 3rd Ed as much but I have all the DC Adventures books for it.

Ah, we're running 3rd Edition. Of course, I have nothing to compare it against so I'm enjoying it so far. DM is running the Emerald City campaign story. Lots of fun!

Is your avatar Petrichor?

Nah, it's Hannah from Rat Queens, just with her hair down.

I had the Hannah that ed (as in ComicGAF's my name is ed) drew me, but I wanted a sadder avatar because I didn't feel so good for awhile there. I guess I'm feeling better these days so maybe I should switch back.

Hot damn, if I was into this scale, I probably would be really tempted.

Premium Formats are like what, 1/4 scale though? That's big. I prefer 1/6 or 1/7 for space reasons.

Also, that Ikemen Nightwing is going to be fully painted at SDCC.

Along with the announcement of the next character, yes.

There are a few teasers up, though.
nightwing1499742823.png

And the head sculpt:

Nah, it's Hannah from Rat Queens, just with her hair down.

I had the Hannah that ed (as in ComicGAF's my name is ed) drew me, but I wanted a sadder avatar because I didn't feel so good for awhile there. I guess I'm feeling better these days so maybe I should switch back.

Ah! Of course. Nice. I need to change my avatar. It's been ages.

Wanderer5

Premium Formats are like what, 1/4 scale though? That's big. I prefer 1/6 or 1/7 for space reasons.

Along with the announcement of the next character, yes.

There are a few teasers up, though.

And the head sculpt:

Yeah I don't think I would really get into 1/4 for not only the prices but also the space lol. Heck I don't really feel dipping into 1/6 for the time being. There are some lovely Batwoman figures on the smaller scales anyway, including this that I been having in mind.

41vpt08SXVL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

And yeah I posted one of those images of Nightwing here, but knowing it will be shown painted pretty soon is nice.

Top Bottom