• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Maybe DC's Twitter clears up the confusion? "DOOMSDAY CLOCK takes place over 12 issues and takes place a year from now."

Still a weird way to phrase it saying now when the book is out in October?

I know at least on the case of Lemire he writes some stuff way far ahead and holds on to it. Often it's an illusion that he's writing so many books. He did a cool blog post about his process in his office on his blog/website ages and he talks about how often a series will be coming out but he finished writing it ages ago, will need to see if it's still there!

Now Cullen Bunn. That makes my mind do gymnastics.

Edit: oh here we go, came up straight away on Google lol

http://jefflemire.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/on-time-management-and-process.html?m=1

Nice! Thanks, Donnie. I'll check that out later.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky you, I love the McElroys. Would love to see a live show but I doubt they'll ever make their way up here across the border.

So after Ultimates 2... DOES Cyclops get his beams from the punch dimension?

I'm real excited. I actually saw the TAZ in Austin a couple months ago.

They never call it the punch dimension, but yeah, unless they've retconned that away again.

Messi

I have two digital Aquaman issues to give away. Both Stjepan Sejics issues. Winner is the first person to tell me my favourite Sejic character. Y'all this is simple.

Sandfox

Regarding Legacy:
Alonso says that we'll see over 30 characters and artifacts returning to the Marvel Universe.

Alonso says that it will entice current readers and new readers alike as we find out if there is room for these characters and concepts in the current Marvel U.

This is the actual quote, but I leave the other stuff there:
"Marvel Legacy brings back 3 dozen of your favorite heroes and villains."

VanWinkle

I have two digital Aquaman issues to give away. Both Stjepan Sejics issues. Winner is the first person to tell me my favourite Sejic character. Y'all this is simple.

Oh man I want those.

Ummm...

I don't know any Sejic characters... :'( Someone from Sunstone

Ross61

Cates is taking over Thanos along with Geoff Shaw. So basically the God Country creative team is doing Thanos.
That's a great addition for them. Locked him down with a quickness.

t3_6ok12a

Sandfox

The Immortal Iron Fists from Kaare Andrews and Afu Chan will be released as a 6-issue biweekly digital series in partnership with Comixology. The first issue is available now.

The book will be exclusive to Comixology and Kindle.
I thought this was dead lol.

Sandfox

Book I posted about earlier:

Another announcement is Ed Piskor on a book called "X-Men Grand Design."

X-Men Grand Design is a 6 issue series that will explore every era of the X-Men.

Each issue condenses each decade into it's own narrative.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So the Immortal Iron Fists book by Kaare Andrews is a Kindle/Comixology exclusive. And it's available now.

Someone let me know if it's not hot garbage like his last Iron Fist book.

You can say that about a lot of things related to localization from Japan to US. People are weird when it comes to that stuff. Which reminds me, how is Weapon X? I have been wearing stuff about the Weapon H stuff but haven't heard a lot about the series itselfl.
It's not great
Fucking righteous. Though the last ensemble Lemire book I read was Extraordinary X-Men, and it certainly wasn't his best.
This is the only time I've thought Mr.Terrific looked cool
How dare you.
Mr. Terrific's T-Spheres will probably be made out of Nth Metal now or something.
No more mini-boom tubes?
Really excited for Secret Six! ^_^ Is the new 52 one pretty good too?
Not as strong, but still pretty good. It has Porcelain and Strix in it.
Isn't that Bendis, good start, shit finish?
Not necessarily shit. It's just that he tends to just end things. Like, here's the end now. Okay we're done bye. Not bad. It just...happens.
Not evil but a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bitch, according to the people around her.
She was evil to the core.
"My name... is Miles Morales... and I am a cerrtified G, and a bonafide stud... and YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT. And this right here, this is Big Amadeus Cho... and he's 10 feet tall (sometimes)... and YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT." 'Hit 'em with it 'Mo!" "Bada Boom! Realest replacement heroes in the room. HOW YOU DOIN?"
GoeucFx.gif

Who's an inhuman super villain? I know Maximus, but is that it?
Maximus the Mad
The Unspoken
Lineage
Ronan the Accuser
The Skrull
Lash
And the one Indian dude with wood powers who was tied-in with Grid
Genetic Council
I don't really follow the other connected books, but I think so? He was in Revolution. They talk about it all the time in this book, and GI Joe has popped up referencing the same thing
His story does interweave with Revolution. Specifically his tie-in issue. Not as much with the actual event.
Yes, although I hope it quickly moves on from the internal conflicts. Trinity hinted at a possible upcoming crossover.
Has the dialogue gotten better? I enjoyed the first trade, but Jason't whining got old real fast. However, I got used to it, but I really feel like Lobdell needs to improve dialogue to improve the chemistry of the team. They feel like they don't fit, and I understand that's sort of the point: outlaws and loners wouldn't know how to interact well, but even Jason's interactions with Black Mask and Batman felt stilted.
I would like an X-Men film about Matthew Malloy.
Are people prepared for the level of scummy self-righteousness that comes with it?
Sounds like a shonen time skip.
Didn't DC do that awhile back with One-Year Later?
Regarding Legacy:

This is the actual quote, but I leave the other stuff there:
Paste-Pot Pete or fuck off.

Actually just fuck off.
Book I posted about earlier:
I do like this, though.

Sandfox

It's not great

Fucking righteous. Though the last ensemble Lemire book I read was Extraordinary X-Men, and it certainly wasn't his best.

How dare you.

No more mini-boom tubes?

Not as strong, but still pretty good. It has Porcelain and Strix in it.

Not necessarily shit. It's just that he tends to just end things. Like, here's the end now. Okay we're done bye. Not bad. It just...happens.

She was evil to the core.

GoeucFx.gif

Maximus the Mad
The Unspoken
Lineage
Ronan the Accuser
The Skrull
Lash
And the one Indian dude with wood powers who was tied-in with Grid
Genetic Council

His story does interweave with Revolution. Specifically his tie-in issue. Not as much with the actual event.

Has the dialogue gotten better? I enjoyed the first trade, but Jason't whining got old real fast. However, I got used to it, but I really feel like Lobdell needs to improve dialogue to improve the chemistry of the team. They feel like they don't fit, and I understand that's sort of the point: outlaws and loners wouldn't know how to interact well, but even Jason's interactions with Black Mask and Batman felt stilted.

Are people prepared for the level of scummy self-righteousness that comes with it?

Didn't DC do that awhile back with One-Year Later?

Paste-Pot Pete or fuck off.

Actually just fuck off.

I do like this, though.

Paste Pot Pete/Trapster is actually a part of the current
Deadpool
arc.

Isn't that Bendis, good start, shit finish?

Pretty much. Great idea man, but not great are closing up shop.

I DECLARE THIS HYPE TRAIN GO. DESTINATION 30th CENTURY

About fucking time guys.

I'm a big Legion fan, so I hope they do them right.

"When the final issue of Doomsday Clock is released, the DC Universe will be caught up to the story's timeline, which starts in the future of the DCU."

Kinda confused by that line.

Basically, Doomsday Clock will take place in the future of the DCU. When Doomsday Clock #12 releases, the DCU will catch up.

Likely, Doomsday Clock will tease shit for the next year of DC books, with the entire line slowly catching up. They did this before... maybe for 52 or Countdown, it was? I forget. It's not a new idea for DC.

jackdoe

Pretty much. Great idea man, but not great are closing up shop.

I'm a big Legion fan, so I hope they do them right.

Basically, Doomsday Clock will take place in the future of the DCU. When Doomsday Clock #12 releases, the DCU will catch up.

Likely, Doomsday Clock will tease shit for the next year of DC books, with the entire line slowly catching up. They did this before... maybe for 52 or Countdown, it was? I forget. It's not a new idea for DC.
52 was reverse. Every title jumped one year later and 52 explained the gap.

If Doomsday Clock is monthly (and I think it is...)

It probably takes place over the course of, like, a single day, a year in the future, and ends on some big moment that's going to be shown in every book. A real sense of time ('cause clocks y'all).

ElNarez

Banned
holy shit Arkham Asylum 2, from the people who brought you the violent existential horror that is Nameless is going to be fucking fire

how the fuck is any announcement supposed to beat that, I dunno

Sandfox

According to Newsarama, the Iron Fists book is going to be the start of a line of digital first titles for Marvel in partnership with Comixology.

Malyse

You know what, I would be all about an Iron Fist S2 that was all about Danny losing his power to a six year old girl.

Netflix, do that shit.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, that looks like some shit I would have said 10 years ago. Makes me glad I accidentally got the version of Dragon Ball that censored Bulma's shower scene in the manga. I remember so many people in DBZ forums were pissed and I was thinking "Guys, she's fucking 16 years old. Like, really?" This was the 3-in-1 reissues, btw, where it was suppose to be uncensored versions but Viz put out the first couple of volumes censored.

So I looked this up and I guess they censored a bunch of other stuff, like Goku's penis, Bulma flipping the bird and Popo's lips and way of speaking.

[edit]

I still find it amazing that when I was a kid living in Mexico, they didn't censor Bulma's boobs when they aired it on TV.

His interaction with Artemis are getting better. His high moments are still with Bizarro. Some real heartfelt stuff. I'm noticing he's more relaxed now that the team is formed. He isn't perfect which I like. Particularly in combat he makes some mistakes but in a team setting it helps to establish the unity with his teammates.
So I looked this up and I guess they censored a bunch of other stuff, like Goku's penis, Bulma flipping the bird and Popo's lips and way of speaking.

[edit]

I still find it amazing that when I was a kid living in Mexico, they didn't censor Bulma's boobs when they aired it on TV.
There was more stuff censored than just the shower scene, which Viz did later fix with re-releases. It still doesn't bother me. The story is still the same.

Top Bottom