• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I had no idea Brian Wood was writing X-Comics. I loved his indie work, how are his X books? And what has he written for them?

Also, Rucka hangs out at a coffee shop I sometimes go to. We've had plenty of nerd talks about stuff. Nice dude.

He's writing Ultimate X-Men and the brand new X-Men series which are both the best things since E For Extinction.

He's writing Ultimate X-Men and the brand new X-Men series which are both the best things since E For Extinction.

Even though it's only based on one issue so far, I think X-Men is better than Ultimate. Just preference. But then, I'm not a huge fan of having more than one universe in play at a time.

Seriously Captain America is the best Marvel comic. Every issue makes me want to read whatever is coming next.

I was not planning on collecting this series, but I flipped through issue five and knew that I had to pick them all up.

Also Remender knows how to hype his shit

3lLqIf6.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was not planning on collecting this series, but I flipped through issue five and knew that I had to pick them all up.

Also Remender knows how to hype his shit

3lLqIf6.png

Honestly neither was I, I picked up issue 1 to see what it would be like. It's just so good, anyone who isn't reading it needs to start right now.

The kid is totally going to die guys. I can feel it, it's going to be Damian all over again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remender has to be one of the best working writers today.

No doubt, I just wish Uncanny Avengers wasn't so wordy. I get he's harking back to the 90's or whatever, but he's got this great art and should let it do the talking.

Owzers

i'm very close to getting 1946,1947, and 1948 BRPD from the dark horse digital sale before it ends....i read issues 2-4 of Ragemoor on the app today and had no problems this time, as opposed to crashville yesterday.

Edit, I bought the issues and they won't show up on the app :p

Didn't see it mentioned, but The 18th Walking Dead trade is coming out this month.

Really excited for Lazarus. Love Lark and Rucka's work on Gotham Central.

To offer another opinion in Jupiter's Legacy, I think I liked it just enough to pick up the second issue. Sure, it's not entirely fresh but there are a couple of supporting characters I quite like. And the art is lovely.

rCIZZLE

How long is Eagleham going to be on Iron Man? He's not doing anything groundbreaking but this is still a huge step up from Land.

DC Comics announces September 2013's event, 'Villain Month', 3D covers and several mini-series including Forever Evil, Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S, Forever Evil: Arkham War, Forever Evil: Rogues.

Interview with Dan Didio and Jim Lee.

Forever Evil: Rogues. Writer Brian Buccellato (The Flash) and Patrick Zircher (Suicide Squad) put the spotlight on the Flash's colorful and infamous gang of Rogues, led by Captain Cold — a particular favorite of Johns, the former Flash writer, as well as Finch. "I just love his mask," the artist says. "He looks very steely and a little bit dead in the eye, which is very evil."

Forever Evil: Arkham War. "The biggest story with Bat-villains you've ever seen," as Johns describes it, features the creative team of Peter Tomasi (Green Lantern Corps) and Scot Eaton (X-Men).

Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) pens a title featuring the government agency Advanced Research Group Uniting Superhumans. DC comic fans have seen increasingly shady things the group's been doing, and Steve Trevor will be learning about those as the audience does. "His heart is good," Johns says, "and if ARGUS has a chance of rising above what it is right now and becoming a heroic force in the future, it's up to Steve Trevor."
EDIT: Matt Kindt is on Justice League of America for a five-issue arc focused on MARTIAN MANHUNTER. THIS IS IT. Solo book in five/six months?! PLEASE.

3D covers. 3D. Covers. I hope these work as well as the .gif versions.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11961-1370114393-0.gif

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/03/dc-comics-officially-announces-3d-covered-villain-month-for-september-and-foreveer-evil/

Villains Month is real, so is the Forever Evil mini tie-in/trinity aftermath, and 3d covers.

Hyped? Very hyped?

edit: beaten :O

I bet the Combo versions of these books don't have the 3d cover * grumble grumble *

I buy combo. :/ I was disappointed to not find gatefold covers inside the plastic. I am hyped man.

Spoilers for Justice League/Green Lantern #20:
"The Justice League is dead, the villains inherit the Earth — well, what does that even mean?" Johns says. "Some of them might not like how it's being run. Some of them might like the old way better." - Does this mean we'll be seeing Jessica Cruz, the foreshadowed female Earth Green Lantern much, much sooner than expected?? GL #20 said she would appear after the Justice League died...

!!!

itshappening.gif

-e-

Every book has a cover price of 3.99. Gimmick cover tax or a stealth price increase?

This HAS to lead into a solo book! Five issues/months is perfect timing for the next wave of books following September's introductions. I'm presuming we'll also have a new backup for JLA in this case too.

As for the cover price, I interpreted it as the costs for the cover. Digital will still be the usual price right? Unless the covers shown here ARE the digital covers too?!

Owzers

This HAS to lead into a solo book! Five issues/months is perfect timing for the next wave of books following September's introductions. I'm presuming we'll also have a new backup for JLA in this case too.

As for the cover price, I interpreted it as the costs for the cover. Digital will still be the usual price right? Unless the covers shown here ARE the digital covers too?!

So.....if combo editions don't get the cover, i'm guessing they will still be $1 extra than the print ones.

I'm emailing dc Xo

tim1138

That's my thought on MMH as well, five months of main stories in JLA and the boom! Solo title by Kindt.

Kindt is also doing the Forever Evil: ARGUS mini series.

It'll be interesting to see if they can somehow make those covers work digitally.

Will these mini-series count towards the '52' marketing total? Previously they haven't, but from the information presented in the article/interview, it seems as though these will. That means there are only three new on-goings to be announced. I'd guess those will be the rumoured Booster Gold and Shazam books, alongside a relaunched Justice League International (If it's not one and the same as the Booster Gold book).

That's my thought on MMH as well, five months of main stories in JLA and the boom! Solo title by Kindt.

Kindt is also doing the Forever Evil: ARGUS mini series.

It'll be interesting to see if they can somehow make those covers work digitally.

Man, I love you. Matt Kindt is surely DC's next up and comer. Please don't mess this up DC.

Nudull

Banned
Matt Kindt makes me very tempted to pull JLA. The Villains Month stuff sounds neat, too, although the 3D covers are screaming 90's cheese. :p

Matt Kindt makes me very tempted to pull JLA. The Villains Month stuff sounds neat, too, although the 3D covers are screaming 90's cheese. :p

Matt Kindt's Martian Manhunter focused JLA backups have been just stellar. He just gets MMH. To have him writing the main book for five issues while still focusing on MMH is probably the smartest move DC has made in a long time. I think he's proven his calibre.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Holy Ass--I'm all for 3-d villain covers.

The Rogues book has me the most excited because the new 52 Rogues have been such ass, maybe this is where they thrive and Buccellato writes them as the dominant rogues gallery they deserve to be written as.

Also, more Matt Kindt--FUCK YEAH.

Tizoc

X-Men 1 was...OK, great art by Coipel as always though~

EDIT: Matt Kindt is on Justice League of America for a five-issue arc focused on MARTIAN MANHUNTER. THIS IS IT. Solo book in five/six months?! PLEASE.

Who the heck is Matt Kindt?

Will give Wood's Ultimate run a read, and give Captain America another chance down the road too.

Okay dudes, I'm finally on the last Bendis/Maleev Daredevil Ultimate collection. Now, do I continue on to the Brubaker run, or go for the Rucka run on Punisher + Warzone?

I'd recommend continuing with Brubaker's DD run, then jump into Rucka's Punisher run.

Also, Rucka hangs out at a coffee shop I sometimes go to. We've had plenty of nerd talks about stuff. Nice dude.

Dude that's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what stuff did you talk about exactly?

Who the heck is Matt Kindt?

He's the writer of the sublime Mind MGMT and did some fantastic issues of Sweet Tooth with Jeff Lemire, Men of War and saw out the end of Frankenstein - Agent of S.H.A.D.E with a run I highly recommend everyone read. He's quite an up and comer. He seems to have a knack for nailing characters in his writing.

Tizoc

He's the writer of the sublime Mind MGMT and did some fantastic issues of Sweet Tooth with Jeff Lemire, Men of War and saw out the end of Frankenstein - Agent of S.H.A.D.E with a run I highly recommend everyone read. He's quite an up and comer. He seems to have a knack for nailing characters in his writing.

Interesting, will give those series a read then~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom