• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot to mention something yesterday when I said I enjoyed All New X-Men #1. My opinions are of course to be taken with a grain of salt as im not paying $4 per issue like most of you. Its easy to go "that was fine", but was it $4 fine? Probably not.

I forgot to mention something yesterday when I said I enjoyed All New X-Men #1. My opinions are of course to be taken with a grain of salt as im not paying $4 per issue like most of you. Its easy to go "that was fine", but was it $4 fine? Probably not.

These days, very few comics are $4 fine.

ElNarez

Banned
Wasn't all that hype for Injustice 2, but the trailer has Gorilla Grodd making Atrocitus punch himself and that's dope as fuck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didn't Mr. Slott make Carlie.
Why do people have such a problem with evil Felicia though.

She broke bad cause SpOck punched her in the mouth. Maybe thats why. I actually dig her as a crime boss.

Zombine

Banned
Stray Bullets is Strangers In Paradise for people that like guns and violence.

"Here Comes The Circus" was amazing and pissed me off at the same time.
Spanish Jack and Boxcar...damnit.
Last page was 👌 10/10

Sandfox

Didn't Mr. Slott make Carlie.
Why do people have such a problem with evil Felicia though.
Quesada and JMS created her.

Slott, he's calling the shots to anything Spidey related, he squashed the Carol/Peter stuff and anything related to MJ and even Carlie
Most people didn't seem to like Carlie and it seems like Slott made an effort to change up Peter's supporting cast.

Owzers

I've had the best legendary skin luck in Overwatch. I believe the game rewards you in opposite proportion to how much you contribute to your team. I suck, so I get all the goodies.

Not counting the ones that came with the game, I have 18 legendary skins. I'm level 31. I don't buy boxes. It's fairly crazy, feels like I get a legendary every other level, sometimes two. I've also gotten three of the legendary 500 coin stashes, so I purchased my two favorites.

Only character I really wish I had a skin for is Zarya, since I hate her basic look. Sigrun Mercy, Explorer Winston, Architect Symmetra, and Lone Wolf Hanzo are my favorites. Also Bedouin Genji is superb.

Too bad I'm trash at all of them, but I look good.

O____________O lvl 62 and i've gotten maybe 6 legendary skins. You have the ones i want and i get Mccree.

Zombine

Banned
wow true post friend zombine

and Carlie Cooper is basically a Slott creation, and he was in control of their relationship for hundreds of issues. Its not like Peter's ever gonna get married again any time soon

Do they ever explain
the whole Boxcar space thing?
Is that just a story she dreamed up? I feel like
with her probably dead we won't get much after the Restaurant.

Stray Bullets pizza dog issue?

Man, this book gets my head going. I'm pretty fuckin content right now. Loving these characters.

But seriously...
Spanish Jack RIP
. Made me so mad but it was so good.

Stray Bullets Reading Club is alive in my heart.

JTripper

Finished Batman RIP. Meh, idk, Morrison's modern Batman doesn't do much for me. I appreciate his deep cut knowledge of Batman's history and using that stuff as background for these modernized stories though. I dug Bat-Mite appearing and seeing that dumb Zur-En-Arrh costume. A lot of his dialogue seems like over-exaggerated nothing, which might just be me being a lazy, slightly uninterested reader in Morrison doing Batman but I did enjoy Batman Inc and all that, so I'm not really sure. Also not really a fan of his Joker.

It's not like I dislike Morrison himself either, cause All-Star Superman is a goddamn masterpiece and I love his early Batman stuff like Gothic and Arkham Asylum, but sometimes the dude gets a little carried away with his writing at the reader's expense, at least for me. I'm probably going to skip stuff like Return of Bruce Wayne and Time and the Batman cause I kind of just want to get into his Batman and Robin since I hear it's great and I really want some Dickbats and Damian.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I've always wanted to read Morrison's Batman run but isn't RIP the comic where we see a pirate Batman and he starts seeing some goblin that's dressed up like Batman? All that stuff just seems so goofy.

I'm not adversed to goofiness but just not in my Batman.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
why did i wait so long to read the last 2 issues of Archie?

i love this book, and i know the CW show is looking to be very different but i can't help but have a good feelin about that too

betty dating a brown dude is a nice touch

frye

It's not like I dislike Morrison himself either, cause All-Star Superman is a goddamn masterpiece and I love his early Batman stuff like Gothic and Arkham Asylum, but sometimes the dude gets a little carried away with his writing at the reader's expense, at least for me. I'm probably going to skip stuff like Return of Bruce Wayne and Time and the Batman cause I kind of just want to get into his Batman and Robin since I hear it's great and I really want some Dickbats and Damian.

RoBW is kinda a mess but it doesn't enter into anything until the last third or so of Batman and Robin. Inc which is what follows is actually the most straightforward part of that run too, especially when Chris Burnham takes over definitively as the regular artist.

JTripper

RoBW is kinda a mess but it doesn't enter into anything until the last third or so of Batman and Robin. Inc which is what follows is actually the most straightforward part of that run too, especially when Chris Burnham takes over definitively as the regular artist.

Yeah, I read the entirety of Batman Inc before I read any other part of Morrison's run and enjoyed it, even though it might have been a mistake to start there in hindsight.

Messi

I got hyped over a lot of stuff in that trailer. Supergirl's hair looks kinda bad but I like all of the new additions thus far.

Not one single frame of Harley Quinn. I only played as her in Injustice so any trailer without her...No thank you.

Zombine

Banned
Not one single frame of Harley Quinn. I only played as her in Injustice so any trailer without her...No thank you.

If you only played as her how do you know you didn't like anyone else? 🌝

Is Young Liars a worth read after I catch up with Stray Bullets? Need more Lapham.

Holy Shit, The Private Eye is awesome! Went in a bit apprehensive because I didn't really enjoy some of Vaughan's previous works but this was very well written. The whole world is pretty quickly established in a 10 page prologue and things just kick off from there. A lot more show than tell and storytelling which seemed to know where it was going.

Munsta and Martin killed it on the colouring and the art too.

E3Y9I82.jpg

An omnibus for two volumes?

It can sit on the shelf right next to the Superior-Foes "Omnibus".

Messi

If you only played as her how do you know you didn't like anyone else? ��

I don't care to play as other characters. I enjoyed how she played.

Holy Shit, The Private Eye is awesome! Went in a bit apprehensive because I didn't really enjoy some of Vaughan's previous works but this was very well written. The whole world is pretty quickly established in a 10 page prologue and things just kick off from there. A lot more show than tell and storytelling which seemed to know where it was going.

Munsta and Martin killed it on the colouring and the art too.

It can sit on the shelf right next to the Superior-Foes "Omnibus".

I really loved Private Eye especially the first few issues. Great series.

Superior Foes should have been collected in one OHC . But then you can't over charge for it I suppose.

Injustice 2 trailer has me cautiously optimistic. The armor mechanic, micro transactions, whatever aspect has me concerned.

But they had Dex-Starr in there. So I'm interested. Make Dex-starr playable!

O____________O lvl 62 and i've gotten maybe 6 legendary skins. You have the ones i want and i get Mccree.

I have the Mystery Man skin for him. It's probably his worst, but I don't play him enough to care. He's the easiest attack character to play, and I'm still fairly bad at him.

Any surprise that my best characters are the ones that don't require precise aiming? Mercy, Symmetra, Winston, etc. I did have one game as Widow where I was in the zone and got a few headshots, but that's not something I can do consistently.

Messi

Just be careful guys if you are looking up original art for the next few days. Cadence Comic Art are running an auction for a spoilerific page from Deadly Class that I wish I hadn't seen. The spoiler is in huge text on the listing and its pretty clear what is going on in the art. I even ran into it a second time on Comicartfans.

Bothered that I seen it tbh, but its my own fault :(

Just finished reading this TPB (or was it a graphic novel?). Man, I gotta say it's tough reading the older style comics, but it was a cool story regardless.

I started reading Flashpoint afterwards and it just reads so much easier. The Dark Knight returns is very text heavy though too. Maybe my inner child just really likes the colorful pictures in modern day comics. :3

frye

Hm...anything else I should read by the guy?

Young Liars is actually cool, Murder Me Dead is cool too... they're not Stray Bullets, but they're not his Marvel stuff either

Just finished reading this TPB (or was it a graphic novel?). Man, I gotta say it's tough reading the older style comics, but it was a cool story regardless.

I started reading Flashpoint afterwards and it just reads so much easier. The Dark Knight returns is very text heavy though too. Maybe my inner child just really likes the colorful pictures in modern day comics. :3

this hurts my soul

this hurts my soul

The Dark Knight returns is very dense, to be quite honest. They're are a lot more panels per page compared to modern comics. Also some of the dialogue isn't the same as today's conventions. For instance, the newscaster panels always had the text above the panel. This took awhile to get used to.

Owzers

My loot boxes were bad, opened three, got one winston emote as my highest rarity drop. Black Science seems like less of a mistake by comparison.

LegendX48

So, got the first volume of Bendis All New X-Men with issues 1-10 and I thought it was pretty solid though I wasn't too big on what happened at the end of #8 with
Jean screwing with Warren's mind to "calm" him down.

Looking forward to more. Seeing where vol. 2 goes, is Battle of the Atom worth reading or should I just ignore it? In the meantime I've got quite a few things to read.

So, got the first volume of Bendis All New X-Men with issues 1-10 and I thought it was pretty solid though I wasn't too big on what happened at the end of #8 with
Jean screwing with Warren's mind to "calm" him down.

Looking forward to more. Seeing where vol. 2 goes, is Battle of the Atom worth reading or should I just ignore it? In the meantime I've got quite a few things to read.

Battle of the Atom is super mediocre and includes pretty much everything on the checklist of bad crossovers, but the characters introduced here are important for ANXM down the line so if you're going to keep reading it you should probably just try to make the most of it.

LegendX48

Battle of the Atom is super mediocre and includes pretty much everything on the checklist of bad crossovers, but the characters introduced here are important for ANXM down the line so if you're going to keep reading it you should probably just try to make the most of it.
that's kind of what I've seeing/hearing about it. I think I'll just look for a summary of it on youtube or something lol

Top Bottom