• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Let's make Vertigo relevant again.

i know it's under DC but let's make the brand Vertigo relevant

Is Bermejo any good at writing? The concept for this didnt really grab me. Hollingsworth's color work makes the art look phenomenal. Not that Bermejo isn't good on his own but Hollingsworth makes it shine in the preview pages Ive seen

styl3s

I don't know dude, I'm thinking Curb Stomp. It has Tumblr written all over it. What's the print # look like? If it's low lets hop on that shit like now.
Haven't read Curb Stomp yet and the only thing i can comment on is how much i dislike the art.

Is Bermejo any good at writing? The concept for this didnt really grab me. Hollingsworth's color work makes the art look phenomenal. Not that Bermejo isn't good on his own but Hollingsworth makes it shine in the preview pages Ive seen
It's already my favorite new book of 2015 and easily the best first issue i have read out of the handful of new series form the past couple months.

If you pick it up and you can get the variant cover i highly suggest it
suiciders-1-cover-666x1024.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Darth Vader #1 is awesome! Marvel keeps delivering.
The only thing that bugs me, is that Boba Fett now
has his own evil Chewbacca. Just a unnecessary reflection of Han and Chewies relationship

The only comic that should ever beat Hawkeye #21 is Sandman #49. Are you saying those two books are better than Sandman #49?

Comic-GAF, is this what you're telling me?

Messi

The only comic that should ever beat Hawkeye #21 is Sandman #49. Are you saying those two books are better than Sandman #49?

Comic-GAF, is this what you're telling me?

Different people like different books. That said Hawkeye was great this month. But I enjoyed Harley, silk and batgirl more.

Maybe the votes for Hawkeye were delayed?

Different people like different books. That said Hawkeye was great this month. But I enjoyed Harley, silk and batgirl more.

Maybe the votes for Hawkeye were delayed?

I mean look, I didn't vote so I can't complain, I'm just genuinely curious. Those Hawkeye and Sandman issues are landmarks of the medium. I'm just wondering if Silk is too. It's still in my backlog.

I mean look, I didn't vote so I can't complain, I'm just genuinely curious. Those Hawkeye and Sandman issues are landmarks of the medium. I'm just wondering if Silk is too. It's still in my backlog.
Tumblr are like GOP, they come out and vote for their girly books

That's dedication you hipster Aja crowd will never understand

Messi

I don't know of you would enjoy it but I really loved silk. The art is really great.

Vibranium

Banned
I always forget to vote haha. Too many comics to read, etc, etc.

Anyways, I was really surprised during this week's Black Widow that
Bucky showed up again
. Why won't Edmondson undo Brubaker's massive mistake already?!

Ah well, Hawkeye omnibus pre-ordered for half of what Amazon are charging. It's going to be weird being able to read an entire run in one go that took so long to come out. Glad I waited - I'm too impatient.

Zombine

Banned
Honestly I can't wait to unfairly judge Lemire's run until the inevitable cancellation. Then we can all proclaim that it was a shit book and that Green Arrow was better and we can finally get a Kate Bishop book that will be okay, nothing super special or anything, and then it'll get canceled by issue 16 and we can talk about how awesome the hardcover is.

Messi

Honestly I can't wait to unfairly judge Lemire's until the inevitable cancellation. Then we can all proclaim that it was a shit book and that Green Arrow was better and we can finally get a Kate Bishop book that will be okay, nothing super special or anything, and then it'll get canceled by issue 16 and we can talk about how awesome the hardcover is.

This is some real talk.

Reading Ultimate Galactus, at ultimate secret 3 or whatever.

MAn, Ellis reaaaally really disliked millar for that "a stands for france?" line. Two nextwave jabs aaaand having u. hawkeye ribbing him again.

Deserved, tho.

Boogiepop

Just did a SERIOUS clean-up, and it feels nice. I have like almost no piles of stuff left sitting around (and what is is just a bit of stuff I'm immediately using) and I have excess space to expand in the future! And my floor, it's just... so clear! So little clutter! Still have a bit left to do but that was a SERIOUS overhaul so I'm done for the day.

And I'm going to get through my comics backlog in this next month for sure, since I'm taking at least this month off ordering stuff. Reading through Hellblazer vol. #4 right now, and man, I really do like this series!

frye

Speaking of, man, I just reread Red Son. That book is dumb as hell, and there's no real characterization going on via the writing--it's all pretty standard and...just there--but there's some solid integration of a ton of DCU elements and the ending is clever, despite being super negative, as with much of Millar's work. It's really odd that he was kind of/sort of Morrison's protege when he started out considering his comics are on the complete opposite side of the comics spectrum, being big, dumb, mean-spirited, and generally awful.

I think, except for the invasion of America which 1) feels contrived and 2) shouldn't have been a Brainiac plot, the ending (and not just the stuff Morrison takes credit for) is pretty great. It didn't seem particularly negative to me?

As for the Morrison thing -- afaik they bonded over a mutual and I think genuine love of the DC universe which comes out in a few of his comics, Red Son DEFINITELY being one of them. It reads like no other Millar comic at the time and much more Morrison (and Alan Moore) influenced. The Morrison influence is probably easier to spot when you go back pre-Authority and they were hanging out a ton and doing a bunch of projects together.

Bii

Just did a SERIOUS clean-up, and it feels nice. I have like almost no piles of stuff left sitting around (and what is is just a bit of stuff I'm immediately using) and I have excess space to expand in the future! And my floor, it's just... so clear! So little clutter! Still have a bit left to do but that was a SERIOUS overhaul so I'm done for the day.

And I'm going to get through my comics backlog in this next month for sure, since I'm taking at least this month off ordering stuff. Reading through Hellblazer vol. #4 right now, and man, I really do like this series!

That feeling after cleaning up feels so good. I just had my master bedroom cleared out and painted, and now there's so much space in there (after going through stuff I'm no longer going to keep). I'll probably keep all of my nerdy stuff out of there and may move it into my son's room once we remodel that. :x

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've been collecting comics for over 20 years. I've never graded or sold a comic ever
I am really collecting for just two years now and own a couple of books who are worth like 20, 30, 40, 50€ But I dont see a reason why I should grade a book unless I would own a copy of Detective Comics 26 or Action Comics 1 in perfect conditon.
I buy comics first and foremost to read them.

I think the collectors market is more like day trading. It's not worth it to hold on to comics for years and hope they go up. I have sold many new comics for great money to the shop where I bought it from. For instance, I bought the Adam Hughes Harley #1 variant for $20 bucks when it came out. Exactly one year later I sold it back to the very shop I bought it from for $75. Harley is hot right now. Same with New Teen Titans #2. Bought it for $40 and then Deathstroke blew up because of Arrow and I sold it for $80.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
To be honest. I am tempted as hell to sell my Spider-Gwen Edge of Spiderverse Issue after I saw the prices and I will buy the Edge of Spiderverse Trade anyway.

But germans wont pay this price and I am sure as helö that americans wont change the searchfilter to worldwide, so I wo t get those 250$ anyway.

Zombine

Banned
To be honest. I am tempted as hell to sell my Spider-Gwen Edge of Spiderverse Issue after I saw the prices and I will buy the Edge of Spiderverse Trade anyway.

But germans wont pay this price and I am sure as helö that americans wont change the searchfilter to worldwide, so I wo t get those 250$ anyway.

What about your coworker? Next time you see her impress her with your expensive comic collection.

MG310

I saw Joe Quinones tweet about one of these selling for 1200 the other day, and now there's this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spi...208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c979744e0

After collecting toys for years I really don't like to get into re-selling/feeding the scalper market. I think the most valuable book I own is probably New 52 Batman or maybe the 1st printing of the Spidey Obama issue. Stuff I was going to buy anyway.

See also why I don't collect Amiibos. I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of scumbags waiting outside Toys R Us first thing in the morning who are going to sprint in and buy up all of the rare ones to flip.

WHAT HAPPENED? Edge of Spider-Verse #2 and Saga #1 going for gaga dollars?

I'm wondering if I should sell the entire run of Saga at some point.

Top Bottom