• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

Curious if we will see Hellcat having oral sex with Nuke in that book, too.

I was listening to an interview with Kate Leth about the book and she said she was trying to leave behind most of Patsy's dark past and that her Hellcat is not the same as the Jessica Jones series version. She also talked about being horrified by a story from years ago where Patsy commits suicide. I don't know what story that was but it sounds fucked up.

I do like that she keeps having Patsy reference how she has died many times before.

I think Squirrel Girl is very safe. That book seems to be doing great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was listening to an interview with Kate Leth about the book and she said she was trying to leave behind most of Patsy's dark past and that her Hellcat is not the same as the Jessica Jones series version. She also talked about being horrified by a story from years ago where Patsy commits suicide. I don't know what story that was but it sounds fucked up.

I do like that she keeps having Patsy reference how she has died many times before.

I think Squirrel Girl is very safe. That book seems to be doing great.
Oh, so the Shitty Childhood part was actually from the books? Didnt knew this, I thought this was made up by the TV show

arkon

Reached 700 issues read. The highlights for April have been Dan Slott's She Hulk, the Astro City Family Album trade and BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 2 (Daimio's introduction has really kicked things up a notch, the interactions between him and Roger at the start was so good).

I'm planning to be done with the challenge by June now which is pretty incredible to think about. I kind of want to catch up on some "proper" novels after that because that's all taken a back seat to comics this year.

Is Squirrel Girl getting an OHC?

Yes.

Wolverine. Deadpool. Doctor Doom. Thanos. There’s one hero who’s beaten them all, and now she’s got her own book! And to celebrate, she’s set her sights even higher — much higher. We’re talking Galactus! But first Doreen Green, a.k.a. Squirrel Girl, is starting college, making new friends, eating nuts and kicking butts — not necessarily in that order!

Together with her best (human) pal Nancy and her best (squirrel) pal Tippy-Toe, and armed only with a tail and some fact-filled super-villain trading cards, she’ll take on the likes of Kraven the Hunter, Whiplash and, oh, yeah, the Devourer of Worlds! Plus: Classic Squirrel Girl tales including her dazzling Ditko-drawn debut!

Collecting Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015A) #1-8 — plus material from Marvel Super-Heroes (1990) #8, GLX-mas Special, Thing (2006) #8 and Age Of Heroes #3. Written by Ryan North with Steve Ditko, Will Murray and Dan Slott, pencilled by Erica Henderson with Steve Ditko and others, and cover artwork by Erica Henderson.

Marvel, hardback, 248 pages, published November 2016

There is also The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe as an OGN, which should be oversized as well.

Went through all of Spider-Gwen last night and it isn't bad but like... why is it so depressing? Why can't it just be high-school hijinks but with Gwen as the spider-person instead of Peter? It just isn't very enjoyable to read.

Messi

Went through all of Spider-Gwen last night and it isn't bad but like... why is it so depressing? Why can't it just be high-school hijinks but with Gwen as the spider-person instead of Peter? It just isn't very enjoyable to read.

The light moments with Jessica are the best part of that book. More of that. But no its gonna be depressing instead.

Owzers

Uncanny Inhumans #0: I forgot Black Bolt and Medusa had a son, i now remember him in Silent War but that's about it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a little bit sad that the Inhumans Movie got delayed, the setting I wanted with the Game of Thronesque Political Monarchy thriller would be cool. Also I really want to see Black Bolt on the big screen, one of my favorite never actually read a thing about character. Medusa with her CGI hair would have been cool, too.

Messi

Totally forgot it was sunday LIST!

Detective Comics #52
Midnighter #12
New Suicide Squad #20

Discipline #3
Rat Queens #16
Sons of the Devil #7
Wicked and the Divine #19
Wolf #7

Giant Days #14
Vampirella #4

A-Force #5
All New Inhumans #7
Amazing Spider-man #12
Black Widow #3
Cap America Sam Wilson #9
Contest of Champions #8
Empress #2
Howard the Duck #7
Invincible Iron Man #9
Moon Knight #2
New Avengers #11
Nova #7
Punisher #1
Rocket and Groot #5
Scarlet #8
Scarlet Witch #6
Spider-Gwen #8
Spider-Man 2099 #10
Thunderbolts #1
Poe Dameron #2
Uncanny X-Men #7
X-Men 92 #3

Smaller week so some trades:

Gotham Central Omni
IXth Generation Vol 2
All New X-Men Vol 4 HC

TheFlow

Banned
Totally forgot it was sunday LIST!

Detective Comics #52
Midnighter #12
New Suicide Squad #20

Discipline #3
Rat Queens #16
Sons of the Devil #7
Wicked and the Divine #19
Wolf #7

Giant Days #14
Vampirella #4

A-Force #5
All New Inhumans #7
Amazing Spider-man #12
Black Widow #3
Cap America Sam Wilson #9
Contest of Champions #8
Empress #2
Howard the Duck #7
Invincible Iron Man #9
Moon Knight #2
New Avengers #11
Nova #7
Punisher #1
Rocket and Groot #5
Scarlet #8
Scarlet Witch #6
Spider-Gwen #8
Spider-Man 2099 #10
Thunderbolts #1
Poe Dameron #2
Uncanny X-Men #7
X-Men 92 #3

Smaller week so some trades:

Gotham Central Omni
IXth Generation Vol 2
All New X-Men Vol 4 HC
this is how marvel is staying a float.

I am on issue #3 of wolf but I might drop it. Not appealing to me like I thought it would

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
NAILBITER IS BACK!

748e59572783094750ee71bf75e67019_xl.jpg

NAILBITER #21
REVIVAL #39
WALKING DEAD #154
WICKED & DIVINE #19

Hagi

Is the Scarlett Witch book good? I'm mighty interested in reading something Wanda.

My small list

A-Force #5
Amazing Spider-Man #12 (
Black Widow #3
Invincible Iron Man #9 A-Force #5 (Ben Caldwell Regular Cover), $3.99
Punisher #1
Star Wars Poe Dameron #2
Thunderbolts #1

Calcium

Banned
Started reading Spider-Man today. I read Dying Wish to prepare myself for Superior Spider-Man. I enjoyed the hell out of it, didn't realize how much I'd missed reading Spidey.

I almost pulled the trigger on the first volume of Doctor Strange when I was making an IST order. Just seems silly to buy a book only for the art. I miss looking at Bachalo art.

Messi

A serial killer who loves to chew other peoples fingernails down to the bone before he kills them. **Allegedly**

That seriously makes my skin crawl

Is the Scarlett Witch book good? I'm mighty interested in reading something Wanda.

My small list

A-Force #5
Amazing Spider-Man #12 (
Black Widow #3
Invincible Iron Man #9 A-Force #5 (Ben Caldwell Regular Cover), $3.99
Punisher #1
Star Wars Poe Dameron #2
Thunderbolts #1

It's not worth the hassle. I like seeing the new artist on each issue but the writing isn't there. I am considering dropping it.

Hagi

It's not worth the hassle. I like seeing the new artist on each issue but the writing isn't there. I am considering dropping it.

Hmm that's disappointing to say the least. I just had a look at the previews for it and yeah the changing artists seems to be the only interesting thing about it.

Is there any ongoings you would recommend instead? I'm only pulling what is out this week and All New Wolverine.

Hmm that's disappointing to say the least. I just had a look at the previews for it and yeah the changing artists seems to be the only interesting thing about it.

Is there any ongoings you would recommend instead? I'm only pulling what is out this week and All New Wolverine.

I'm sure you're reading Black Widow, but you should try Mockingbird if you haven't already

TheFlow

Banned
Started reading Spider-Man today. I read Dying Wish to prepare myself for Superior Spider-Man. I enjoyed the hell out of it, didn't realize how much I'd missed reading Spidey.

I almost pulled the trigger on the first volume of Doctor Strange when I was making an IST order. Just seems silly to buy a book only for the art. I miss looking at Bachalo art.
Doctor strange is a good book

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm looking forward to Mockingbird. Why did Marvel have to release all the books that really interest me 3 or 4 months after ANAD started?

tim1138

Black Panther, Power Man and Iron Fist, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Silver Surfer are all very good.

I'm sure you're reading Black Widow, but you should try Mockingbird if you haven't already

Mockingbird so good. The art is still great, even though they went with a different artist than the one-shot.

I'm looking forward to Mockingbird. Why did Marvel have to release all the books that really interest me 3 or 4 months after ANAD started?

I don't think they were counting on that Mockingbird one-shot being as popular as it was.

Hagi

Thanks folks I'll definitely give Mockingbird and Silver Surfer a whirl. I forgot that I already picked up Black Panther and got Iron Fist/Power Man during the buy one get one free sale.

in the context of "MJ knew Peter was Spider-Man since the beginning" retcon, MJ is supreme bitch numero uno after this shit

MJ can be such a frustrating character to like, just read the latest ASM preview and it has
Peter acting like a chump in front of her.
Also some of the games she plays with him are pretty harsh
vhCwBol.jpg

hHR6hUN.jpg

Maybe it's just Peter I'm frustrated with and the power he lets MJ hold over him.

tim1138

Is it cancelled for Rebirth? that's a shame it was one of the DC books I was reading before I took a break

There hasn't been a peep about whether or not it's carrying over into Rebirth. Writing's kind of on the wall.

There's only a couple of books carrying over to Rebirth that are not getting relaunched: Gotham Academy, Earth 2, and Dr Fate. After the colossal failure that was DC You, Rebirth is DC doubling down on the main line and legacy characters. Sadly there isn't a whole lot of experimentation with the first wave of titles.

Calcium

Banned
Doctor strange is a good book

Yeah, I've read generally positive things about it. Not sure why I'm so apprehensive about jumping in.

I'm loving Superior Spider-Man so far. Ghost Peter haunting Octavius is really fun and interesting to see him struggle with how Spider-Man is composing himself. I can't wait to see how all this works out. I'm definitely going to be buying more Spidey books in the future.

Top Bottom