• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Battlegrounds Players Caught In Anti-Cheat Ban Receive Multi-Year Suspensions.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...s-caught-in-anti-cheat-ban-receive-multi-year

One of the most common complaints about PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is that the game is often rife with cheaters, which makes the game harder to play for casual players. As such, developers at PUBG Corp. have vowed to get far more aggressive with cheaters, resulting in a recent ban wave for big and minor cheating programs. One of the most recent ban waves centered around radar hacks, which were incredibly hard to detect, because they involved using a VPN to sniff network packets and get the positions of other players. This usually gave information to to the person using the hack on a different screen, meaning you have to be looking for it to catch someone using it.

When PUBG Corp. banned a number of players for using the radar hacks, 10 competitive players suddenly disappeared from the game, with VAC bans appearing on their accounts on Steam. Today, the developer announced that these players were confirmed to be using the radar hack, some during professional matches.

"We were able to verify with concrete evidence that no ban was falsely imposed due to a technical or human error," PUBG Corp. wrote. "We also performed a thorough review of the system logs to search for any evidence that would suggest any of the banned accounts had either been hijacked or borrowed by somebody else when an unauthorized program was apparently used. We found no surprise ch evidence."

While the common suspension for hacks is one year, all ten players are getting significantly longer suspensions than normal. The six players who were found to be using the radar hack during professional matches are suspended for three years, while everyone else is getting a two year ban. Additionally, two players who were aware of the cheating but said nothing are getting three year bans, as well.

PUBG Corp. is now taking a zero-tolerance policy towards cheating that involves background checks for multiple accounts and exhaustively checking every competitive player's records in the future.

"However, any player who is not receiving a penalty right now but has a record of an unauthorized program usage in any of their accounts will effectively be blocked from entering any officially recognized PUBG esports competition in the future," they add. "For all upcoming esports competitions, we will make it mandatory for all players to go through a background check on all accounts they own, from which we will uncover any ban records to determine the appropriate esports suspensions."

Not a believer of second chances, eh? :pie_wfwt:

For hackers in competitive games? No.

Bye bitches.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
How hard can it be to have a database of every cheater ever.

Isp can share personal data with other isp, so if a cheater decides to switch in order to avoid the ban his hardware associated with new ip gets instantly automatically flagged and permabaned infinitely from all online games even without him playing a single minute. That would cut cheaters significantly imo. :messenger_beaming: Golden rule of life: once a cheater - always a cheater.

A ban that long might as well be permanent for multiplayer games. It's so easy to move on that there's no incentive to come back after the ban is lifted.
The amount of work those people are doing to try and cheat and get away with it more than deserves a permanent ban. If you understand the amount some people sacrifice to compete in eSports you would agree. If you have to cheat your wasting your time anyways. cheaters are the same people we can blame for most shitty things in gaming, like pay to win. No pity for them.

TeamGhobad

Banned
too little too late, should have done that about a year ago when chinese hackers were running amokk and bluehole did nothing.

Boss Mog

It's why I don't play any multiplayer games on PC. Rampant cheating is present in every game. Paying $35 a year for online play on consoles is a small price to pay to ensure an almost cheater free environment. The free games are just a bonus.

It's why I don't play any multiplayer games on PC. Rampant cheating is present in every game. Paying $35 a year for online play on consoles is a small price to pay to ensure an almost cheater free environment. The free games are just a bonus.

I tend to agree. I’ll go console for most any competitive online game. When I mention that, people used to try to statistically break down how oftem PC cheating actually happens and how to avoid it, but for me it’s too late. I’m just always suspicious on PC agree a few experiences with hackers

Top Bottom