• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

Anth0ny

where the hell is the melee stream? i've seen smash 4, 64 and fucking brawl today, zero melee.

anyone know what time it starts?

Jigolo

has the mvg stream been a bit laggy on occasion for some of you? I know last night in smash masters VGBC was laggy a little. It might be the venue internet

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Druggedfox with the choke.

Llod beat Druggedfox AND Swedish. Geeze. He's leveled up.

SFAT with the sloppiest win over Chu.

Zain is so sick. That turnip drop to tipper fsmash was so good.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is so unrehearsed, lol.

Guile's theme for Mango is hilarious.

None should have won saltiest moment. Literally getting up and walking away from the stream setup mid-match is about as salty as they come.

Isai not even attending the event while being nominated is such an Isai thing to do.

And this strings group is actually good.

Codeblue

Mang0 could show that Falco can still do it.

Plup might be able to take his second multi-god tournament.

I'd be ok with either outcome.

Edit: Pull out the Ness.

I'm so upset Axe lost but holy shit, his Young Link was so hype, I was literally shaking that whole time, I haven't been that hyped in forever.

also

Banned
What stuck out to me the most was the match where Mang0 did an honour suicide after M2k flubbed his inputs. I have seen M2k do the same for Mang0 in the past, so that wasn't that surprising but then M2k used his invincibility to attack Mang0. Very poor form of M2k.

Anth0ny

my new favorite smash copypasta:

syrox roll up with three bottles of gel in his hair looking like fakeass bootleg avicii doing shiit westballz did in 2009 and now i gotta suck his dick like he's bomsoldier in 2005? hard pass

whoa this is pretty crazy

While none of the individual fighting games in the EVO 2017 championship could break into the Twitch top 5, individually the games all had an impressive showing throughout the competition. Out of all the main-event finals, Super Smash Bros Melee garnered the highest spectatorship, with 500,000 total hours of viewership.

This despite Smash 4/SFV having higher peak viewers, hmm.

Lucumo

I hope you guys saw that Link play (got 3-0'ed by Leffen but 2-stock, 1-stock and 1-stock scenarios). He 3-0'ed HMW...for whatever that's worth.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you guys saw that Link play (got 3-0'ed by Leffen but 2-stock, 1-stock and 1-stock scenarios). He 3-0'ed HMW...for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, I just happened to pull it up before that set. Some really good Link play.

I think I'd only heard of Avalancer in passing but this Yoshi is pretty sick.

Anth0ny

lmao poor s2j

Also, that Link play legit gave me Amsa Yoshi/Axe Pika vibes. Link has option coverage!!! Dude was catching Leffen on EVERYTHING with the goat move upb out of shield. I knew that move was OP since 2001, and now it's finally showing in tournament!

I hope we see more Link play in the future. Very entertaining.

Takyon

tCyZjIn.jpg

meme

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wizzy looking great in 64. Tuned in in time to see him win 3-0 in losers finals and 3-0 over Alvin in set one grand finals.

He won GF 6-1. I think he's better at 64 than Melee lol.

Codeblue

Chudat doing some ridiculous stuff.

Every time someone says "This is how you get out of this setup, ICs suck." He comes up with a mix up.

Edit: Chu the reverse 3-0 king.

Chu has such a good bracket for Shine right now, hope he doesn't choke.

<33333

Next he probably plays M2K, FREEEEEE!

Edit: Chat spamming that it's being replayed because of the UCF D: Chu def gonna lose if true.

Non edit: Leffen just tweeted that it is.

RIP CHU

Edit 2: How rad would it be though if Chu just 3-0s him this time Keepo (I doubt it tho)

Top Bottom