• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compile Heart announces Omega Quintet for PS4 - Sept 18 2014 [Up: Trailer & Website]

-Update-

Trailer
Website

keyart said:
visual.jpg

-Original-

According to the report, the genre of Omega Quintet is “idol x RPG”. The artwork is being done by Fukahire and music production by Lantis and (idea) WILL.

Omega Quintet takes place in a world that is being eroded by a phenomenon called “beep,” which has been degenerating the life of mankind by affecting their minds. The protagonist is a young lady who is some sort of “Verse Maiden” and happens to have the powers to stop the “beep”.

While details on the other characters in the game are scarce, Famitsu names of some characters and their voice actors in Otoha (Riho Iida,) Kyouka (Rui Tanabe,) Kanadeko (Inori Minase,) and Aria (Eii Yamazaki)

Omega Quintet is slated for release on September 18, 2014 for PlayStation 4. The limited edition version of the game will include a special booklet, while pre-orders will come with an original soundtrack CD.

source Siliconera:

JoRo

What genre is "idol?" Is that like music or rhythm-based? Happy to finally see some JRPG love at any rate.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Scans are online. Looks like standard compile heart moege shovelware.

"Day 1!!11"

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Finally, even if the kind could not be that great, a PS4 game which is not a port from Japan. Jesus, the wait has been looooooong (since TGS 2013).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Pretty sure idol just means they'll be an idol team x RPG instead of "generic heroes" x RPG.

An excuse to have them wear bad outfits and up the otaku pandering 500%

zeopower6

Idol like... characters from iDOLM@STER/Neptunia Producing Perfection. Doesn't mean much though since it'll probably like their usual RPGs.

The title is actually *ω*Quintet pronounced Omega Quintet. Compile Heart should be in the thread title/first post. :x

zeopower6

Refuse to believe posts about Japanese PS4 games after I got burnt on VC earlier tonight.

They were trying to source a magazine but instead got info from 4chan =_= We know this is real though since images of the magazine are out.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sure sounds like a "beep"-y game

It's a Compile Heart game, nothing to see here.
Why no mention of it, OP?

That would've been nice. I saw the title and thought this was Sony's game. Hype deflated once I read the description.

I remember a time when every jrpg didn't look like trash.

Oh boy oh boy, just what the doc ordered! ANOTHER Compile Heart Game! I bet this one will have underaged panty flashing and barebones gameplay as well! AND I bet that it will inexplicable come over to the West! Are the exclaimation points getting my points across?!

Compile Heart? Pass.

Making a list of posters with
good
taste.

zeopower6

Almost 100% sure it means idol in terms of music, since Lantis is a music production company.

Well, they're probably going to have some songs in it but it'll likely be a basic Compile Heart JRPG. It's supposedly the next part of the project that Fairy Fencer F was a part of.

I remember a time when every jrpg didn't look like trash.

You know, Compile Heart RPGs are only a small portion of the market...

Oh boy oh boy, just what the doc ordered! ANOTHER Compile Heart Game! I bet this one will have underaged panty flashing and barebones gameplay as well! AND I bet that it will inexplicable come over to the West! Are the exclaimation points getting my intended tone across?!

Nothing against this game specifically, but why are 90% of JRPGs announced lately all the same harem stuff?

Lets get a little variety please, or at least gimme some male harems too.

Reknoc

Gotta respect compile heart for releasing their crap on console they know people will eat them up out of desperation.

zeopower6

There was a VC rumor today?

It was closed after a few pages but someone said ~a reliable 2ch source~ mentioned a PS4 rerelease of Valkyria Chronicles 1 and an 'upgraded' PS4 combo set of 2/3 with VC1 graphics... it was totally bogus though.

Nothing against this game specifically, but why are 90% of JRPGs announced lately all the same harem stuff?

Seems these are the type of JRPGs that are selling well, considering the short and cheap development cycle.

Ugh. Compile Hearts. Count me out.

It seems like Compile Hearts' only ambition in making these games is to stuff as much shameless pandering in the titles as possible. I like shameless pandering, but there needs to be actual quality underneath all that.With CH it's like they don't even try because as long as they cram it full of cute girls and moe it will sell to a certain audience regardless.

If this game were made by Gust I'd be all over it though.

zeopower6

Do you mean things like Conception/all of these Compile Heart games? I think outside of Tales of Zestiria, we don't have many non-haremy JRPGs from the companies we usually get them from.

And the male harems are always portable visual novels on PSP. :p

Seems these are the type of JRPGs that are selling well, considering the short and cheap development cycle.
It's not that I mind them, even though I don't really play any of them, but they seem to be flooding the market.

I used to get hyped about any JRPG localization announcement, but now more than half I don't even care about anymore. Of course there are still other JRPGs coming out, but most of them are getting left in Japan, while all the localization firms are going hog wild for harems.

Do you mean things like Conception/all of these Compile Heart games? I think outside of Tales of Zestiria, we don't have many non-haremy JRPGs from the companies we usually get them from.

And the male harems are always portable visual novels on PSP. :p
But I wanna date dudes in a JRPG setting too... :/ (Preferably as a male MC. Someone make that happen please.)

CrovaxPSO

The hate for Compile Heart is always hilarious. Do you think if these games didn't exist, the RPGs you want would be taking their place? The last Neptunia console game sold something like 35k its first week in Japan. That's good for what the game is, but hardly a smashing success. Compare it to Bravely Default, which sold 140k. Compile Heart is pretty niche even for Japan, so I just don't get why people here get so mad when they come out with a new game.

Rarutos

I'm not sure if anyone really cares, but Fukahire did the art (not sure if he did the character design) for Atelier Elkrone.

Compile Heart is pretty niche even for Japan, so I just don't get why people here get so mad when they come out with a new game.

Because it seems these titles are the ones that are getting localised while other titles, with arguably better quality stay in Japan...

Rflagg

On the one hand I want lots of jrpgs on the ps4, but on the other after a Google search of compile hearts and seeing the scans for this not sure this is my cup of tea.

fedexpeon

Banned
Game sounds bad, but good moe arts I guess...
Oh well, will preorder for bonus I guess.

Anyway, I hope it is like Eternal Sonata with idols at least.

Actually, although the quality of the game will probably be dubious I'm still glad to see a low-budget niche Japanese developer make the jump to PS4. A moderate success here may help convince Gust, Nippon Ichi, Atlus, Falcolm and the like to make the leap sooner rather than later.

I'm also curious to see whether the graphics will be much of a noticable improvement over their PS3 games as well.

zeopower6

Because it seems these titles are the ones that are getting localised while other titles, with arguably better quality stay in Japan...

Like which ones?

I'm not sure if anyone really cares, but Fukahire did the art (not sure if he did the character design) for Atelier Elkrone.

They mention that he worked on Monster Monpiece in the article.

The hate for Compile Heart is always hilarious. Do you think if these games didn't exist, the RPGs you want would be taking their place? The last Neptunia console game sold something like 35k its first week in Japan. That's good for what the game is, but hardly a smashing success. Compare it to Bravely Default, which sold 140k. Compile Heart is pretty niche even for Japan, so I just don't get why people here get so mad when they come out with a new game.

Is that really a good comparison though? Square Enix plus Revo pretty much guaranteed a bit of success imo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Like?

I don't much like compile heart either, but whatever. They sell to their niche audience and that's fine.

Top Bottom