• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compulsion Games Community Manager Katie Robinson recently claimed, “I hate gamers.” , "White Male Gamers Were A Mistake"

mansoor1980

Gold Member
adamsapple adamsapple mansoor1980 mansoor1980

Are You Sure Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

10823243.jpg

pikachulita.ba4b15f.jpg

20190908_175532-1-1024x674.jpg

EjrgPqFWsAA4IXM
previous pic was superior but still...................

birdman-ready.gif

Last edited:

Nydius

“White male gamers” (and Asian male gamers) are the only reason she has a job in the industry. If not for video game companies like Nintendo and Capcom targeting male youth after the video game crash in the 1980s, the business wouldn’t exist and she’d have to find some other corner to grift on.

She would do well to remember that.

Elginer

I gotta say, I am getting really fucking tired of being vilified by these assholes. Again, a lot of us grew up in a time where our hobby was seen as "for losers" and made fun of cuz we weren't into other things that were more mainstream....now we got people like this telling me I don't belong in the hobby that was targeted to me for decades. Fuck off already.
I feel ya man and you know I’m getting sick of this behavior being hand waved like it’s ok. I’m of mixed race Jewish and Puerto Rican and I never had to deal with bullshit growing up. I was just a normal geeky guy who liked girls and sci-fi. Now, it’s like I don’t deserve to enjoy my hobby or I’m somehow an asshole for liking what I like while would be saviors are invading my world and saying it’s shit and needs to be changed because they deem
It so. The one thing that I loved about gaming is that it broke racial lines and dividers growing up. I could meet someone and we connected about gaming and we became friends, didn’t matter race, gender or economic standing. We could all unite in the love of video games now we have people whose job is to actually bring division to it. Fuck these people.

Varteras

Gold Member
"Gamers are making this world a terrible place".

Gamers have made fantastic progress knocking down racial/ethnic, religious, and national barriers. Sorry if we haven't single-handedly created this utopia you seek just yet. We're a bit busy killing dragons, robots, bugs, aliens, ninjas, and pirates together for fun.

Last edited:

Danknugz

i can't help but feel that statements like this are similar to when black culture like blues and hip hop were culturally appropriated and taken on by white artists who then went on to become way more succesful with their careers than any of the black folk from whom their "culture was stolen". kind of tone deaf and ignorance to the basisnupon which this industry is founded.

Mikado

Gold Member
cjwCexs.png

I wonder if her boss, the owner of the studio (seen above) feels the same way 🤔

I'm sure he doesn't but those Canadian Diversity Tax Credits don't come for free

Fredrik

I gotta say, I am getting really fucking tired of being vilified by these assholes. Again, a lot of us grew up in a time where our hobby was seen as "for losers" and made fun of cuz we weren't into other things that were more mainstream....now we got people like this telling me I don't belong in the hobby that was targeted to me for decades. Fuck off already.
Yeah I can relate to all this. And what that person says is plain racism. Any serious gaming website should blow this up to an article and get the studio to post an apology.

Top Bottom