• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan Exiles - NEW INFO + TRAILER

a8df7d9b67dd842f9619d9c49a3b524f7d0f6ac0.jpg
First, the new CGI trailer got released today. Click here.

Along with that is a drop of new info for the game. One of them being a Barbarian Edition, as well as the regular digital version:
Barbarian-Edition-1.png

We're also excited to announce Conan Exiles – Barbarian Edition! This special edition of the game is the ultimate introduction to the world of Conan the Barbarian and includes items such as:

Custom Conan Exiles digital comic book
Exclusive Conan Exiles t-shirt
Six digital Conan the Avenger comic books from Dark Horse Comics
368 page, full-color, digital Conan Pen & Paper RPG Core Book from the hugely successful Kickstarter by Modiphius
”The Coming of Conan" eBook, 496 pages with illustrations and original Conan stories
The award-winning soundtracks from Age of Conan and Rise of the Godslayer, plus the brand new Conan Exiles soundtracks
In-game items for the Age of Conan MMO including a Savage Rhino mount
”The Art of Conan Exiles" digital artbook
And more
For more detailed information on the Barbarian Edition, please visit the Steam store page. The standard edition of the game is priced at 29.99$ while the Barbarian Edition is priced at 59.99$.

”One of the really great things about working with Conan the Barbarian is that there is this huge pop cultural universe surrounding him," says Funcom CEO Rui Casais. ”Being able to team up with Dark Horse Comics, Modiphius, and other Conan creators has allowed us to build a special edition that speaks to both fans and those discovering Conan for the first time."
NOTE: The Barbarian Edition's ONLY physical item is the t-shirt, which will ship later after the game's release.

There's new, and updated, info regarding the game:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 7 64 Bit/ Windows 8 64 Bit/ Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor: Intel Core i3 3.0 GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) or AMD equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 35 GB available space

RECOMMENDED (FOR RUNNING THE GAME ON ULTRA):
OS: Windows 7 64 bit / Windows 8 64 bit / Windows 10 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i5/i7 3.0 GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 35 GB available space

INFO
- Price: 29.99 $
- Engine Unreal 4
- There will be an multiplayer online and offline singleplayer mode
- PvE Server? Yes / PvP Server? Yes
- New Server typ Blitzserver ( The PvP Blitz servers will provide an accelerated experience, but will reset after 30 days. This ensures that players on PvP Blitz servers will be able to experience everything Conan Exiles has to offer before their progression is reset).
- Mod Support? Yes
- Maximum Players 70 (Downgrade from 100 to 70)
Yes, the game will have offline single player.

CHARACTER CREATION INFO
A26A17EC336F1CF5000A58C5CAFD8BD3C0DB9466

Cimmerian
Stygian
Khitan
Darfari
Hyborian
Picts
Nemedian
Tribal Himelian
Hyrkanian / Turanian
Kushite
Nordhelmer
Shemite
Vendyhan
Zamorian
Zingaran
�� Info: race is atm only a cosmetic choice
�� Info. Other Character Options are: Name, Gender, Religion, Voice , Head Options(Face, Hair, Eyebrows,cosmetics), Face Details(Eye Shadow, lipcolor), Body Features(Height, Physique) & more

CHARACTER STATUS
Sandstorm(ingame)
Repairing (ingame)
hunger and thirst (Starving/dehydration) (Ingame)
poisoned (ingame)
Weight / Encumbered (ingame)
Stamina / Exhausted (ingame)
Hot & Cold temperature (burning/freezing) (rumor)
Injured/bleeding ( atm no bleeding )
blinded (rumor)

�� Sandstorms: if you want to go out into the Sandstorm (and you'll want to because of... reasons xy) you'll need special gear.

WEAPONS
97DE7615C50AD44A12E912A4913FFFF4EB366CBD
43EE1DFEE9250305D240A9C9D44C8A0A3B8DFD7A

Crossbow(Ingame)
Arrow(Ingame)
Fire Arrow (Ingame)
Snake Arrow (Set perk) (Ingame)
Firearrow(Ingame)
Explosive pot(Ingame)
Wood/Bone Shield(Ingame)
Iron Shield(Ingame)
Spear (Ingame)
1H axe (ingame)
2H axe
1H Sword (ingame)
Stone Sword
2H Sword
1H Hammer (ingame)
2H Hammer
Bow (Ingame)
Dagger (ingame)
Fishing pole
Fist weapon
1H mace (ingame)
2H mace
Polearm (ingame)
Staff
Thrown weapon

�� Info: You'll get to see stuff shatter when they break. And then you can repair it if you have the right crafting ingredients.

�� You can block with your shield to stagger.

�� Siege Weapons will also be added at a later date in Early Access.

ARMOUR
Light (cloth)(Ingame)
Coarse - Tunic,Handwraps,Leggings,Footwraps
Light Exile - Chest, Gloves, Leggings, Footwraps, Head
Medium (leather) (Ingame)
Heavy (metal) (Ingame)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621553647
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636413793

Special Armor
Sandstorm protection mask (Cloth)
dancer outfit (cloth)
dancer outfit female (cloth)

�� Info: You'll get to see stuff shatter when they break. And then you can repair it if you have the right crafting ingredients.

There's ALOT more information about the game such as tools, buildings, animals... you name it. Click here for the thread.
JANUARY 31ST RELEASE DATE FOR EARLY ACCESS. Guys, I'm SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME NOW!!

derFeef

Great summary post!

Despite this being a survival game, I am pretty positive on it because of private servers and mod support. Love the Conan lore and worlds and Funcom has done a great job with the license (say what you will about the game/gameplay).

Also pretty important to me - the OST is again from Knut Haugen and also includes music from AoC.

Hari Seldon

I was watching the lengthy dev videos on this. It actually does look very good. I thought I read that early access was going to be hitting steam very soon? Any word on when?

Whoa whoa whoa. Out of left field for me. Every survival type game I play I'm frsutrated at the lack of world dangers that confront players causing them to work together more frequently or at least be more cautious. This is like a Rust or Ark type game right? Hard not to bite for $30 if it's as polished as it looks. Although I've been tricked before, remember Arks videos... Remember how that ran... Still I'm intrigued. Hadn't seen this at all.

Seriously a survival game with strong PVE elements and environmental hazards is a big yes for me.

Hari Seldon

I am wondering what the mod support will look like. That could make this game into something truly special. I'll be biting on Day 1 to give impressions.

I am wondering what the mod support will look like. That could make this game into something truly special. I'll be biting on Day 1 to give impressions.

Same. Maybe us Gaffers can get together and a few can stream for the rest. From everything I'm reading this is like a survival game dream for me. My complaints have been consistent going back to the DayZ mod days. This seems to be the first survivsl game with potential answers to those complaints.

Tizoc

Great summary post!

Despite this being a survival game, I am pretty positive on it because of private servers and mod support. Love the Conan lore and worlds and Funcom has done a great job with the license (say what you will about the game/gameplay).

Also pretty important to me - the OST is again from Knut Haugen and also includes music from AoC.

Your hype for the game has gotten me to get it as well. Hope I enjoy it.

Pacotez

Great summary post!

Funcom did a great job with The Secret World so I'm expecting some great stuff out of Conan Ex

derFeef

Your hype for the game has gotten me to get it as well. Hope I enjoy it.

If the atmosphere is good and I can wander through the world of Conan, fight monsters and baddies, collect and build some home, that is almost enough for me. I don't know if the crafting and building will be good (it looks good, also good physics), or the combat competent, but we will see.

Funcom did a great job with The Secret World so I'm expecting some great stuff out of Conan Ex

They can do atmosphere pretty well.

Age of Conan is still around?

It's now F2P, I visit it regularly :D

If the atmosphere is good and I can wander through the world of Conan, fight monsters and baddies, collect and build some home, that is almost enough for me. I don't know if the crafting and building will be good (it looks good, also good physics), or the combat competent, but we will see.

They can do atmosphere pretty well.

It's now F2P, I visit it regularly :D

I remember how visceral that game was. I bought it when it was first released back in the day. I thought the premise for world PVP type stuff was cool. Was always more of a PVR guy though so it never really connected with me to the same extent as something like WoW or SWTOR.

derFeef

I play(ed) AoC like a singleplayer RPG, I don't have any interest in PVP at all. It's still wonderful to just soak the world in and explore.

Jotaka

I think is funny that games always portrait people who live in desert area are always naked when in reality they would be covered from top to bottom :D

Tizoc

Yes.

It has a SP offline mode, as well as multiplayer PVP + PVE, and co op.

SP offline is how I'd like to play it.
Can my character be Conan himself though? :p

I think is funny that games always portrait people who live in desert area are always naked when in reality they would be covered from top to bottom :D

Where are my shirtless he-men and She-women surviving in frozen tundras?

Dalibor68

Banned

I like the colors, but everything else looks kinda barebones to me. Guess that's expected in Early Access.

It's Conan, need that nudity. And they did a fairly good job in the physiques, finally a male who doesn't have stork legs but a huge upper body.

derFeef

Interesting.

Anyone know how does game play especially fighting differ from AoC? Are the executions still in this game?

It's not MMO at all, it's direct combat with blocking aiming etc. And there are fatalities (named differently) but combat as a whole looks janky so far - see the videos above I posted.

Ricker

Kind of interested but my PC is right on the Minimum specs...I didnt think this had a single player campaign,now its peaking my interest.

Dinda

Hmm interesting, didn't know about this game, but offline Single Player has me interested.

Is this first-, third person or both? Most of the screens i have seen are first person, but some are third.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

In the books by Robert E. Howard there are several groups and characters that dress in clothing that covers much of their bodies but Conan himself is a barbarian and often depicted as wearing more scant and rugged wildman style clothing.

Tizoc

You know what would've been cool?
If you could do suplexes in this game.
I don't care about historical accuracy or any of that shit.
Let me suplex fuckers as a melee brawler or something

derFeef

Hmm interesting, didn't know about this game, but offline Single Player has me interested.

Is this first-, third person or both? Most of the screens i have seen are first person, but some are third.

Keep in mind that there is no campaign, just "offline play".
It has both, 1st and 3rd person - watch the videos I posted folks :D

Dinda

Keep in mind that there is no campaign, just "offline play".
It has both, 1st and 3rd person - watch the videos I posted folks :D

Thanks! just saw the videos you posted.

No single player campaign sadly pretty much eliminates my interest. But is has also full mod support, so i definitely keep an eye on it and see where it goes.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You know what would've been cool?
If you could do suplexes in this game.
I don't care about historical accuracy or any of that shit.
Let me suplex fuckers as a melee brawler or something

Actually Robert E. Howard, the original creator of Conan, came up with the Hyborean Age because he didn't want to have to do tedious research on actual ancient peoples, empires and places. He just created an unknown age of civilization that is supposed to take place before our own known history with groups that are basically the progenitors of current ethnic and cultural groups. Oh and Atlantis... and giant snakes... and wizards.

Though I don't think there were many wrestling moves but Conan does have a choking battle.

-NeoTB1-

...this whole time I thought Conan Exiles was just a re-branding of Age of Conan. Now I feel like an idiot. This has me very interested!

Ricker

Ah no Campaign...oh well,since my PC is borderline like I mentionned I will wait for the X1 version then...

No campaign doesn't no campaign ever, it's Early Access, they can add in a campaign if they wish to. Look how long it took Starbound to finally get a storyline with quests.

Amneisac

I think this looks fun, but unfortunately it's going to be a victim of the sins of the previous early access survival titles and I'm going to wait. I've bought so many of these games and they never get finished, and never live up to the hype.

Burt

This looks great, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with impressions. Last Funcom game I played was The Secret World, which had absolutely incredible atmosphere and narrative bits and a story that was very good overall, but the gameplay was a bit 'meh'. I feel like the positive bits there would be hard to translate into open world survival, and the negatives would probably be amplified.

Still, if it's not completely borked at launch and reviews skew positive, I'll give it a shot. Something's gotta fill that Everquest Next-shaped hole in my heart.

Top Bottom