• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan Exiles - NEW INFO + TRAILER

Tizoc

Actually Robert E. Howard, the original creator of Conan, came up with the Hyborean Age because he didn't want to have to do tedious research on actual ancient peoples, empires and places. He just created an unknown age of civilization that is supposed to take place before our own known history with groups that are basically the progenitors of current ethnic and cultural groups. Oh and Atlantis... and giant snakes... and wizards.

Though I don't think there were many wrestling moves but Conan does have a choking battle.

I just want Suplexes cuz they're cool and after Yakuza 0 and reading Giganto Maxia, I need my barbarian loin cloth warrior/gladiator suplexing people

Stiler

Why do all of these survival games focus on private servers and 100'ish population cap?

I can't be the only one that'd really like one that offered a good mmo style server solution instead? Where you play on official servers with like 1000 or more people on it with the character data stored on the server and not locally.

Also stop the server hopping. If you want to play on a new server you should have to start from scratch.

In Dayz people always do the same thing, find an empty server, go to the military tents loot them (usually server hop a few times to get fully looted) and then they go to the cities to pvp or such.

Keasar

I just want Suplexes cuz they're cool and after Yakuza 0 and reading Giganto Maxia, I need my barbarian loin cloth warrior/gladiator suplexing people

Only if I can suplex the giant.

Haggar-vs-Galactus_o_73880.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Woah woah woah what is this comic!?

Its a six episode manga from the author of Berserk that he did during one of his extended breaks between Berserk releases. Its collected as a single volume in the US. Its a more light hearted manga that takes place 1 million years in the future and involves a duo of a super computer in a girls body and her big muscley goofball wrestler bad ass as they go about trying to stop an evil empire that uses literal giants to defeat and conquer their enemies.

Only if I can suplex the giant.

Haggar-vs-Galactus_o_73880.jpg

Funny enough there is a moment almost like that in the Gigantomakhia manga.

a game like this would be blessed with something like a Nemesis system ...im not sure if they will do that but the replay value would be a hundred times better

HStallion

Yeah I really hope it is more action and less survival than something like Ark.

You can build your towns and cities so its definitely on the more survival/builder side of things in its focus. Though there does seem to be a lot of fighting but its not the only thing you do.

derFeef

There is plenty of hand-to-hand fighting in the Conan books and comics as well. Usually Conan punching guys and killing them in one swing because his power breaks most men's neck. There is also grabbing guys and throwing them into walls so that their head shatters "like a melon". Stuff like that ;)

If anybody is still undecided or wants to see gameplay with dev commentary, and recent, check this out. He goes a little more in depth the further the video goes in.

Also those physics, both on the character and environment are amazing.

HStallion

There is plenty of hand-to-hand fighting in the Conan books and comics as well. Usually Conan punching guys and killing them in one swing because his power breaks most men's neck. There is also grabbing guys and throwing them into walls so that their head shatters "like a melon". Stuff like that ;)

Also a lot hacking and rending.

If anybody is still undecided or wants to see gameplay with dev commentary, and recent, check this out. He goes a little more in depth the further the video goes in.

Also those physics, both on the character and environment are amazing.

I'm actually surprised at how good some elements look namely things like the braid on the character they create in this video. Looks like the hair physics are pretty spot on! A lot of the other little graphical details are impressive as well.

I always seemed to get burned out on these games but I am looking forward to how they incorporate these concepts. I really like the RP'ing aspect this could bring.

I always seemed to get burned out on these games but I am looking forward to how they incorporate these concepts. I really like the RP'ing aspect this could bring.

That's something that I feel differentiates itself from other similar open world survival games is that this game carries over the lore from the Conan world. The developers said they did this on purpose to RPers.

Top Bottom