• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

magawolaz

acura-nsx-concept-detroit.jpg

pure sex. if it looks anything like this when it comes out, I would totally buy it. If i had $100k lying around :(
Can't wait to drive it
in GT5

the cadillac evoq concept.
Cadillac-Evoq-Concept-car-pics.jpg

so sexy, it's like every car i drew on my notes in school
it became the superfluous xlr though...i wish they made a stick version
every time i see one on the highway though im like wow that looks kinda cool
2008-cadillac-xlr-2-door-convertible-side-exterior-view_100273331_m.jpg

n0n44m

I hate Peugeot & Citroën (so basically all of PSA) for always coming up with these awesome concept cars that will never see production in any way or shape

The last Citroën one has already been posted above, and for last month's Paris Motorshow they even had this youtube commercial running for their latest beauty; the Peugeot Onyx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5SNyAMmTc

peugeot-onyx-concept-wbxrl.jpg

no Peugeot that will ever be for sale in the future is going to be even remotely as awesome looking as this concept

Polari

I think what's more productive are concept cars that REALLY look outside of the box, and start considering upcoming tech, how it will integrate with cars and how that might change how we look at cars - for example:

atnmbl_5.jpg

A car that's more like a family room on wheels, and drives itself.

The designers of this particular self-driving concept car are now Google employees...

noah111

Still Alive
This was a beautiful concept I drooled over back in the day;

mercedes-f-300-life-jet.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-F300-Life-Jet.png

1997-mercedes-f-300-conce-1_600x0w.jpg

There have been better three-wheeler concepts since, but this was still pretty awesome.

ascii42

Simply had to post these two...fell in love with the designs back in 3rd grade...I still think they're gorgeous...

Chevrolet Mako Shark and Mako Shark 2

Supposedly, Bill Mitchell, the styling head at GM, had a mako shark mounted on the wall in his office. He wanted the concept car to be painted to match the shark. The team couldn't quite match it, so they snuck into his office and painted the shark to match the car. As the story goes, Bill Mitchell didn't notice, and was impressed with how closely they had matched the shark.

I hate concept cars. They are nothing but a cocktease.

Show me what you want to build, not something that you'll never build.
lol.
They generate buzz and money from investors.
It's like E3 trailers but for cars.
It's just annoying when they do it like the FT-86 and tease until it bores.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Holdens first concept car. The Hurricane from 1969.
PUfHG.jpg

RTdad.jpg

Holden's Efijy concept. Still beautiful.
dP40h.jpg

B4aIS.jpg

Holden's Sandman concept from 2000. I owned the production version for a few years.
SE8PO.jpg

Dead Man

Holdens first concept car. The Hurricane from 1969.
PUfHG.jpg

RTdad.jpg

Holden's Efijy concept. Still beautiful.
dP40h.jpg

B4aIS.jpg

Holden's Sandman concept from 2000. I owned the production version for a few years.
SE8PO.jpg
Hate the Sandman (except the paint), but the others are pure sex. The Torana GTR-X Concept was amazing too:
I almost forgot that monstrosity. Thank fuck we got the GT instead.

Though if Ford needs to make a concept to production it has to be the GR-1 concept. I want it sooo much:
The GR-1 is one of the finest concept cars of all time, damn I wish that had gone into production instead of the GT.
Simply had to post these two...fell in love with the designs back in 3rd grade...I still think they're gorgeous...

Chevrolet Mako Shark and Mako Shark 2
Yeah, the Makos were amazing.
Best concept car

Mazda-Furai-12.jpg

Mazda has been making some amazing concepts lately. Pity their production cars are so boring.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
The GT 86 translated nicely from the various concept stages to production:
800px-Toyota_FT-86_005.JPG

851px-Toyota_FT-86_II_concept_IAA_2011.JPG

800px-Toyota_GT86_–_Frontansicht%2C_17._September_2012%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

It lost its aggressive, futuristic design and ended up looking like a 90's celica.

But the production design has grown on me (apart from the awful tail lights)

alazz

the cadillac evoq concept.
Cadillac-Evoq-Concept-car-pics.jpg

so sexy, it's like every car i drew on my notes in school
it became the superfluous xlr though...i wish they made a stick version
every time i see one on the highway though im like wow that looks kinda cool
2008-cadillac-xlr-2-door-convertible-side-exterior-view_100273331_m.jpg

Man, the rear bumper is a buzz kill. The headlight on the concept is much nicer, too. But overall I like the leaned-backedness of it. Cadillac puts out some real beauties, though.

speedline

Banned
Do we know what the 2014 Chevy SS will look like yet? The "artists rendentions" have been boring to say the least but the car underneath will be awesome I'm sure.

2014-chevrolet-ss-spy-photos-and-renderings-news-car-and-driver-photo-458733-s-429x262.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom