• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor and Floyd have agreed to terms on a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...weather-agreed-terms-report-article-1.2972132

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) superstar Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. have finally agreed to terms on a mega-fight, The Irish Sun is reporting.

Per The Sun's report, representatives for McGregor's team have reached a deal with Mayweather's camp in recent days. The agreement has yet to be signed due to a "third party hold-up", according to the report. The Sun reported that McGregor - nicknamed The Notorius - pulled out of a scheduled event in Dublin to head to Las Vegas to help finalize the massive deal.

"Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have agreed a deal to fight and have both settled on their respective fees," a source close to the Irish mixed martial arts star told The Irish Sun. "The contract hasn't officially been signed yet because of a third party hold-up but all the details have all been agreed on.

"The fight could be announced within two weeks."

Neveda State Athletic Commission chairman Anthony Marnell confirmed Tuesday that "real discussions" with "the real players involved" in making a McGregor-Mayweather showdown happen have taken place, per an ESPN report.

I guess it's gonna be a boxing match? I'm in either way.

giphy.gif

hwalker84

Bruh. This fight will be the biggest of all time and an absolute joke. I hope it's a UFC card then boxing match and not a strictly Boxing PPV.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How does Floyd not demolish him? Is this nothing more than a publicity stunt?

Higgy

I'm happy for both guys, gonna make major bank. Connor has to strike now because if he loses soon in the UFC his star power to make this fight goes away. And the press conferences are gonna be legend. The fight is gonna be can Connor survive and for how long, will he get knocked out, and can he somehow land a miracle shot? It's got some interesting angles.

The fight isn't a done deal yet, this reporting is early / not accurate.

Its confirmed negotiations are well under way, Conor is in Las Vegas meeting with Floyd / The State Athletic Commission to work out the details of the fight etc

In other words its close, but it isn't a signed deal yet. Both fighters want $100 million each / PPV points.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is this going to be a boxing match? Cause if that's the case, Conor is going to lose BADLY.

Yeah these kinds of matchups are weird because either way one party is at a pretty big disadvantage.

Sephzilla

If it's a straight boxing match then I actually think Conor could potentially be a little dangerous because he doesn't have to worry about defending takedowns or kicks and can just focus purely on punching and counter-punching, which are Conor's strong suits. So I wouldn't entirely write off Conor. The problem is that he's taking on Floyd, who's the best counter puncher in the world.

Conor's most likely going to get embarrassed, though

sirap

Nice. This might be worth a trip to Las Vegas and first row seats. The theatrics and salt alone will make going through airport security worth it.

studyguy

If it's a boxing match, let me give you a run down:

• Mayweather runs a clinic on the dude
  • McGregor can't hit the broadside of a barn
  • People are upset they paid so much money to watch what everyone knew would happen.
  • mayweatherlaughingtothebank.jpg

Higgy

Is this going to be a boxing match? Cause if that's the case, Conor is going to lose BADLY.

Yes but he's going to make more in this fight than his whole UFC career. He's built this larger than life persona that's he's convinced one of the greatest fighters of all time to agree to a fight. It's a pretty amazing feat.

Amory

McGregor is going to get destroyed.

But in the process he'll make more money than he knows what to do with

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Like a boxing or MMA fight?
If it's boxing i hope Connor is getting paid hella money cuz he's gonna get clowned hard.

• People are upset they paid so much money to watch what everyone knew would happen.
  • connorlaughingtothebank.jpg
Yup.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Let's do this McGregor!! Shock the World! I know you got the punching power, you just gotta get through that defense.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Absolutely correct.

And I mean, McGregor makes bank too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Doesn't it have to be boxing unless Floyd is going to get his black belt in BJJ/Thai boxing in a short order?

Kill3r7

Big payday for all parties involved. I do wonder what happens if McGregor gets incredibly lucky and knocks Floyd out. Outside of that scenario I expect McGregor will get embarrassed. There is no way a decent striker can keep up with one of the most elite fighters in history.

dankir

My Irish colleagues say the Irish Sun is trash and you should wait on a more reputable news source confirming this first.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Lol you guys acting like Connor would care if he got demolished. Dude could probably make more in this one fight than his entire UFC career.

The agreement has yet to be signed

nothing to see here. Irish Sun is 100% garbage.

There's zero chance it's anything but boxing.

here's a preview picture of the fight
5616615_orig.jpg

theres no one good enough in boxing to take on floyd? or is he just not interested?

There is no one currently in boxing that is a PPV draw anything near Conor (except Floyd). This is a bigger fight for Mayweather than anyone else in boxing right now can give him

Conor is going to lose BADLY.

It'll also be the biggest WIN of his career. Dude will probably make 100+ million with PPV incentives. Probably more than all his career MMA fights combined. Lets not pretend what the biggest reason is for him taking this fight. Put me in the ring against Floyd for just 1 million and I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Ronin Ray

Big payday for all parties involved. I do wonder what happens if McGregor gets incredibly lucky and knocks Floyd out. Outside of that scenario I expect McGregor will get embarrassed. There is no way a decent striker can keep up with one of the most elite fighters in history.

If Connor knocks Floyd out we learn down the road Floyd bet a 100 mil on Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom