• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Constant chest pain, I'm scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3k

I used to freak out but a doctor told me it was because I wasn't sleeping enough leading to a tightening of some of my chest muscles... Not the heart

Monocle

This has happened to me. (Well, it wasn't exactly constant, but sometimes it lasted for a couple of hours.) Scary, but I think it was just anxiety.

Jburton

Banned
I have suffered chest pain for a number of years, eventually got it checked out.

I have a Hiatal Hernia and GERD, causes some whopping chest pain.

Where about in the chest are you having the pain because that could tell you it's connected to the lungs or heart? A couple years back I had chest pain in the area of my right lung and I ignored it thinking I has strained the muscle. Wouldn't go away and then one morning I woke up and it felt like someone was stabbing my chest. Turns out I had a plural effusion due to a pneumonia infection which is fluid buildup in cavity between the lungs and ribcage and I had to have the fluid drained. I just thought my Cystic Fibrosis was given me a bit more of a cough like I sometimes get and it turned out to be far, far worse. Took me out of commission for a couple months due to multiple rounds of IV meds and just resting while body recovered.

-Stranger-

I used to get chest pain and muscle tension in my shoulder from anxiety.

My advice is go and get an ECG just so you can rule anything serious out.
All the best OP

Loomba

Something similar happened to me last November, had everything done, blood tests, the whole lot. Everything came back negative.

Docs said it is most probably due to stress. Try not to freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom