• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could it be real! (HL3 related) [Actually it's The Last Of Us mocap]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where are you guys getting that it's from TLoU? it cleary says #HL3.

Or am i missing something?

Ashley Johnson is the co-star of The Last of Us.

Edit: Beaten like Saoirse Ronan's Oscar nom. chances after Peter Jackson and co. screwed the pooch on the script of The Lovely Bones.

LuuKyK

Ellie (Ashley) from The Last of Us posted the picture.

Chill guys. She is probably just kidding/trolling around. No way she would post that and #insidescoop. lol

DaBuddaDa

So, Ashley Johnson, the woman doing Ellie in The Last of Us, took a picture of Merle Dandridge in mocap.

Unless Naughty Dog and Valve are doing mocap in the same studio, it's probably just Merle Dandridge doing mocap for The Last of Us.

The #HL3 is a troll. Nobody with half a brain would let an actor into a mocap studio of an unannounced game with a camera and let them tweet about it.

Mit-

An actress for The Last of Us is the one who took the picture and tweeted it.

Just because the actress for Alyx Vance is doing mocap, doesn't mean she's doing mocap for HL3.

Yeah this tweet is probably a troll.

So, Ashley Johnson, the woman doing Ellie in The Last of Us, took a picture of Merle Dandridge in mocap.

Unless Naughty Dog and Valve are doing mocap in the same studio, it's probably just Merle Dandridge doing mocap for The Last of Us.

This.

Even if this were mo-cap for HL3, what are the chances of someone revealing it like this on something as public as twitter? She wants to keep working in the industry, right?

Incredibly likely it's TLOU stuff, and her having a joke.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve is making the game... Dont underestimate half life 3/valve fanboys.

A long-awaited Half-Life sequel living up to expectations is hardly unprecedented. In the six years between Half-Life and Half-Life 2, the same doubtful sentiments were uttered about said sequel.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
You know she's not...actually...a video game character, right? She's an actress that could be playing roles in different games.

Because I don't think they can just go and publish photos of an unannounced game... I think they're under a NDA o something.

Why is it exciting if somebody hints at the existence of a game that has obviously been in development in some form for several years?

If Gabe confirmed that it exists tomorrow, I wouldn't been any more or less excited. I've been at a steady level of anticipation for HL3 for years. And if they have something to show? Well I won't be watching it anyway. They should just keep quiet and then release it with no fanfare. Everyone will buy it regardless, and it'll get even more press for launching in such a weird way.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Has Alyx's voice actress done any other voicework recently?

To me, Alyx's voice is pretty damn iconic, and I wonder if I heard her in some other games without even noticing.

GavinGT

Banned
Of course HL3 is coming. But only after Ricochet 2.

"In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance, we end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff," he said. "So as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super-transparent about the future of Ricochet 2."

"The problem is, we think that the twists and turns that we're going through would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until we can be very crisp about what's happening next," he added.

Apparently Valve has their own motion capture studio. And Naughty Dog appears to be using Sony's Hollywood studio.

nb. The suit worn by the actress corresponds to Sony's style.

Stitch

Gold Member
tumblr_lgkckh1yV31qa30dn.gif

Pranay

I cant wait to see which character she plays on tlou anyways mods change the title to

VA of Alyx [Hl2] joins TLoU team ! if needed :b

Look, it's clear Valve are working on a continuation of the Half Life story.

It's also clear that Valve are great at releasing content. See: portal ARGs, TF2 'meet the' videos, Ricochet branded mugs etc...

What's unclear is where and when. I choose to be surprised by those reveals, not to stress and waste time speculating.

HOWEVER: other people getting stressed and speculating is amusing to see sometimes, so by all means keep it up

:)

Top Bottom