• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

Hope so! Excited to see it, though I'd rather they take the time to polish it up and reveal it well, than simply reveal it early. The single player E3 showing really wasn't that impressive, likely because it was a rushed build/demo. The next showing for the game needs to stand out.
Honestly for a rushed build there were some nice little details, like JD blocking his face with the lancer when the storm picked up even when he moved to face the wind he moved the lancer as well. Also the car the monster jumps on doesn't just get crushed and that's it, the car continues to flex as the monster does its introduction dance. Some other things I noticed but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

Honestly for a rushed build there were some nice little details, like JD blocking his face with the lancer when the storm picked up even when he moved to face the wind he moved the lancer as well. Also the car the monster jumps on doesn't just get crushed and that's it, the car continues to flex as the monster does its introduction dance. Some other things I noticed but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.
Yeah, the car actually moving when JD took cover on it is a nice touch that leant a nice sense of weight and force as well.

pizzacat

Banned
Sucks to see onslaught go like that, IMO they all separately had more skill than vex it's whatever tho, fuck that captain

LETS GO! DISAPPOINTMENT INCOMING!

Here it comes, Rod is coming out.

about time !

Great time for my internet to decide to be slow

Gotta be the skin right? Keeping expectations is check for Gears 4 info

DEV PANEL TIME

Steve Y U STOP BELIEVING

Let's do this!

Are they streaming the panel anywhere other than Twitch? I'm stuck at work and Twitch is a no no and they weren't streaming on the Gears youtube channel from what I saw.

Yeah, the car actually moving when JD took cover on it is a nice touch that leant a nice sense of weight and force as well.
The weighted feeling the sounds brought were incredible too, the lancer reloading for instance sounded so...amazing big metal objects hitting other big metal objects, so good.

Rod talking about the Gears 1 being intended to be more tactical and turning into the shitty fest, and then advancing and embracing that keeps me somewhat hopeful.

Gears 3 Gnasher was okay so keep it like that I guess.

It's giving me ideas to stop trying to cross with lancer and just take out pistol, also to pickup execution again
Learning to use Pistol over Lancer pretty much all the time is big. You'll notice big improvements when you get to grips and feel completely comfortable with the Pistol.

Headshots are so god damn satisfying

dustyherb

It's giving me ideas to stop trying to cross with lancer and just take out pistol, also to pickup execution again

Yep watching these guys play has made me realize i need to get better with the snub and use it more often. These guys are using it more then half the time I feel like.

This is what I saw from that Gears 4 footage

black1.gif

Top Bottom