• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

Canal is hilarious when you play it a first time and have no idea what to do.

Like Quiche and me were running towards A as T and suddenly out of nowhere there are like 3 CTs running full sprint in front of us scaring the shit out of us.

Also a great prefire map for statues.

soultron

Banned
Man, what is taking these dudes so long. I know people who have maps that Valve has picked for the next OP but it still hasn't dropped yet.

At this point, I'm convinced that they're going to add full character customization (patterns like on the gloves) and an after-action report screen where you can see your characters in third person so people can see your sick Factory New | Dragonlord Pants. What else would necessitate them taking this long between OPs?

If there is ever going to be another operation it's going to be months from now. There's no point in releasing Canals only to overshadow your own map with community ones.

soultron

Banned
Saw some videos and I can't believe those bombsites are the way they are. A good T team with lots of utility will crush CTs on retakes.

MayMay

Banned
7b112a2a0b.png

Really now

JDB

Banned
I don't really care about boosts and glitches, that always happens. The layout is a lot more questionable, though. B and mid are a fucking mess and A is a wasteland.

soultron

Banned
But we are the playtesters. 🙃

Like Baby said, this is gonna look and play completely differently by the year's end.

This map needs so much work though. The bombsites are very different (I'm hesitant to say "awful"), from what I can see.

JDB

Banned
That little room next to B site pretty much sums up that side of the map. You have this tiny room and they still decided to put scaffolding right in the middle of it because clearly it wasn't clusterfucky enough.

It's going to make it into the map pool eventually. They wouldn't have gone through the effort of making a new map and releasing it as a standalone if they didn't have long-term plans for it.

frbrr

It's going to make it into the map pool eventually. They wouldn't have gone through the effort of making a new map and releasing it as a standalone if they didn't have long-term plans for it.

maybe I'm wrong since I don't know shit about mapping, but to me it seems like a map that is made for 10v10 casual, or as a sandbox for those stupid kill 30 bots operation missions.

It's definitely more suited for 10v10 but I don't think that was their intention. I just feel like the way it was released doesn't make sense for them to not have plans for the map. If they just wanted it to be some casual garbage, put it into an operation and sell some $8 passes so people can hope they get a Dragon Lore. Why release it for free and get nothing in return? If you leave the map as is, it'll be one of those reserve maps no one plays besides boosters.

JDB

Banned
Made by the same guy who did CSGO's Cobblestone apparently. We know how Valve loves to move away from the typical 3-lane maps. Gotta at least appreciate that even if it means that all their new maps are really fucking terrible at launch.

baby

also none of the closed windows line up anywhere on the map. was trying to figure out how to wallbang b from the ct side and the windows on the outside actually dont touch the inside windows at all lmao

JDB

Banned
de_thrill, cs_agency, de_shipped, de_lite, de_blackgold, de_austria, cs_insertion

Only took them over a year to have half the maps be old ones 👀

ESL is a fucking joke, I have been staying up to watch C9 play and the server fucking crashes at 24-23. It's been down for over an hour now with no updates about when it'll go live. Go to check on Liquid v RNG while waiting and turns out that game is also in need of a medic and has been down for over an hour too. FML

I really try to give new maps a shot, but man...this new map is just...

NO

super cramped with way too many angles of camping weird angles. Mid is squished and awkward, A is empty and wide open, B is tiny with barely any room. Just so awkward and unfun.

ESL is a fucking joke, I have been staying up to watch C9 play and the server fucking crashes at 24-23. It's been down for over an hour now with no updates about when it'll go live. Go to check on Liquid v RNG while waiting and turns out that game is also in need of a medic and has been down for over an hour too. FML
There's like 10 other companies putting out CS, don't give ESL views

baby

man c9 blows with valens lol

cant believe they couldnt get jasonr or some other teamless active player to stand in while ska recovers

Ludono

Canals

Fixed visible nodraw below CT bridge
Fixed several places where the bomb could get stuck if thrown
Fixed pixelwalk and skywalk exploits
Fixed sticky DM spawn point in tunnels
Fixed planting bomb on windowsill at B
Fixed missing collision on toolbox at back of B

Well, was fun while it lasted

Top Bottom