• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Court rules Subway sandwiches too sugary to meet legal definition of ‘bread’

teezzy

Banned

wherethebeef.PNG

On the real after the jokes its so Subway doesn't have to pay Irish taxes.

Because of the amount of sugar its considered a pastry not "bread" and can be taxed.

I guess Ireland is one of those places with a sugar tax so they want that sweet subway tax money.

All this means is that the price of a subway sandwich in Ireland will go up and have VAT added onto it.

We have the same kinds of issues in California but it concerns sales tax on food. Want to buy groceries to make Tacos? Tax free. Buy Tacos from Taco Bell? Sales tax applies. It's actually much more complicated and confusing than what I just explained, but nobody pays me to know about this stuff so I don't know all of the weird arcane intricacies of it.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Quiznos was always the superior sub chain.
I'm disappointed they shut down the locations where I live.

Life isn't the same without Classic Italian.

ZuTz3xZ.jpg
Quiznos put Asian places to shame when it came to grease.

Airola

No wonder they taste so good.

subway is shit, tasteless logs of disappointment.

You haven't tasted "9-wheat Italian BMT, spicy cheese, yep you can toast that, tomato salad cucumber jalapeno, Chipotle Southwest, chili flakes please" then.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At my fattest I'd order a toasted meatball marinara and dip that fucker in ranch like a fat little pig boy
I hardly ever eat Subway, but in the 90s I'd do that deal they always had where you buy a sub and drink and get a free sub.

Cheaped out and would pick cold cut and meatball as they're on the basic price tier.

Destroyed it.

cryptoadam

Banned
1- There cookies are the bomb.
2-Cold Cut Classic may be struggle, but its actually one of the best ones there. At least the fake meat is in its natural fake form of store bought deli meats unlike the fake chicken, fake rib, and fake steak.

The key is to get tons of vegies and tons of sauce to disguise the faux meat. Also only buy subway when you have the coupons, if not you aint doing it right.

9 out of 10 pedophiles agree.

Reactions: jts

Woo-Fu

Banned
I bet you also have sugar coated sugar...
A frosted cupcake with sprinkles is sugar coated sugar coated sugar.

I draw the line at sprinkles.

As far as Subway goes I usually choose to go hungry if that is the only option. They don't even have swiss cheese, wtf is up with that?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
On the rare occasion I find myself at a Wal-Mart, the fucking smell of Subway is enough to drive me out of there faster than the half-covered up landwhales shuffling around the aisles.

Dural

you can get the hell out sir

Gino's East and Lou Malnati's are fire!

All of you loving Jersey Mike's and shitting on Subway, every time I've had Jersey Mike's their bread is stale and the sandwich is ridiculously expensive. Jimmy John's is the best, but I wouldn't say no to a Subway meatball marinara or spicy italian, Jersey Mike's can go fuck itself.

Alx

I still don't understand how they have Subways in France and how they are popular. I went into one thinking surely they put their own spin on it, goat cheese, fig spread, etc. Nope, Same industrial garbage.

I don't think they're that popular tbh. I know of only one in my area, and I've never seen it crowded. I can't see how they could succeed when you have bakeries at every corner that sell sandwiches in the same shape, except with good bread, better fillings and lower price (and also offer real fresh pastries for dessert).
I guess the main target for Subway in France is tourists who are looking for a familiar brand.

Eating a spicy subway has the same effect on your arse hole as getting penetrated with a cactus does.

The UK has a sugar tax, does Ireland? Does this mean I now have to pay extra to have bread at subway?

Top Bottom