• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cow and Chicken banned episode..

Status
Not open for further replies.

flem1

I don't know if anyone has ever watched this episode before :)

Cow and chicken was a favorite of mine years ago but this is the first time I ever saw the banned episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbDIwejAubs

I have to say it's still very hilarious and the amount of sexual innuendo squeezed in a 7 minute kids' cartoon is unbelievable.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
They showed it a bunch of times when Cow and Chicken was on its first run.

I appreciate innuendo in kids shows, but that particular episode wasn't that funny.

However, Cow and Chicken in general was pretty damn awesome.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
holy... shit..
That is fucking nuts it even made it to air once. Personally I don't find it very funny or clever, not because I'm offended, but because it's shrill as hell
KuGsj.gif

ezekial45

Banned
Speaking of banned episodes, I really wanted to see an episode of Dexter's Labratory that was removed from broadcast for foul language. The name of the episode was Dexter's Rude Removal.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ezekial45 said:
Speaking of banned episodes, I really wanted to see an episode of Dexter's Labratory that was removed from broadcast for foul language. The name of the episode was Dexter's Rude Removal.

that was a private episode for staff only. It was never removed from broadcast.

Plasmid

wenis said:

Comic-con wasn't it? and only a select group of attendees saw it? Still never broadcast though.

ezekial45

Banned
wenis said:
Ah, I see. Sorta like an early episode of family guy that had nudity. It was the episode where Lois and Peter get those marriage help tapes that has the sexy doctor. Appearently, they made the animations very graphic and explicit, but it that was also only for staff. Since Seth
McFarlene worked on both shows, it's safe to say that he enjoys inside humor and jokes with the staff.

Heh, I remember this episode. I recall there being an episode with an STD related running gag. Can't remember for the life of me what it was, though.

Edit: Now I remember, it was about Crabs.

ezekial45

Banned
Btw, that Dead Bart episode of The Simpsons was a hoax, right? I remember reading about it awhile back, but I forgot about it till now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Staccat0 said:
holy... shit..
That is fucking nuts it even made it to air once. Personally I don't find it very funny or clever, not because I'm offended, but because it's shrill as hell
KuGsj.gif
It was a terrible show anyway. I hated all those gross out/spastic cartoons.
Even the cartoons I did like though are hard to watch now, only a few things have survived the test of time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Plasmid said:
Comic-con wasn't it? and only a select group of attendees saw it? Still never broadcast though.

yeah probably. I just remember a story about it being shown within the production house, but im sure something like that happened at comic con. would be a neat treat for fans.

Esiquio

Ugh, I hate those hyper, super-weird cartoons. I just get the worst feeling that I'm completely wasting my life when I watch that crap.

Funny this is brought up, as I faintly remember an episode of Powerpuff Girls where a streetsign had a very obscene pun/phrase. All I remember is that I was completely shocked that it made it through the censors. I cannot for the life of me recall exactly what it was, and now I am going to review every episode and try to find it. :(

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
SalsaShark said:
the parents are literally just legs

fuckin pilot episode

Was it the pilot episode where they panned out to reveal them just being legs? I thought that came a bit later. Either way it was fucking disturbing.

ezekial45 said:
Btw, that Dead Bart episode of The Simpsons was a hoax, right? I remember reading about it awhile back, but I forgot about it till now.

That's just creepypasta. A pretty good one though. The ending gave me chills.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
greycolumbus said:
Was it the pilot episode where they panned out to reveal them just being legs? I thought that came a bit later. Either way it was fucking disturbing.
Really? I can't imagine how sheltered you were if you found it genuinely disturbing. On the scale of absurdist comedy, that's a featherweight.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
jooey said:
Really? I can't imagine how sheltered you were if you found it genuinely disturbing. On the scale of absurdist comedy, that's a featherweight.

Well it is still a children's cartoon after all.

ezekial45 said:

Nope...I actually saw it when the ep aired.

Mr. Robot

Add Bob Sponge to the list.
Also i just saw that Dead Bart pasta and it sucks (the way they told the story), i was expecting something more plausible, but even with that it was entertaining, anything odd about the Simpsons is, like how they have killed some characters or the banned episodes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mr. Robot said:
Add Bob Sponge to the list.
Also i just saw that Dead Bart pasta and it sucks (the way they told the story), i was expecting something more plausible, but even with that it was entertaining, anything odd about the Simpsons is, like how they have killed some characters or the banned episodes.
Can't seem to find anything on this, got a link? Did find a Spongebob creepypasta though.

East Lake

Esiquio said:
Ugh, I hate those hyper, super-weird cartoons. I just get the worst feeling that I'm completely wasting my life when I watch that crap.
The character designs in them always really disgusted me, kinda killed any enjoyment I'd might get from these shows.

Neo Child

Banned
Spongebob isn't as bad as these stupid cartoon network shows... though i do remember one scene where maggots crawl out of his eyes and im like eurgh

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
On a bit of a related note, with a few suggested links I fond the banned Powerpuff girls episode on youtube, See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey. The reason to turn against the Gnome was poorly executed. It more or less went "Communism is bad because, uh... LETS DO A NONSENSICAL SONG ABOUT LACK FREEDOM! Alright, done, now sing the big bad to his demise. )

More or less, it sucked, and I will just pretend they didn't air it in the US due to quality control issues.

N4Us

ezekial45 said:

I dunno man, I asked Matt Groening about it once at a convention and he started looking ill, then handed me some note. All it had was a link to some spam site that gave me a virus. Fuckin Matt.

I did a Google search for this Dead Bart thing, just to try and find the story behind it. I clicked a link, and even though a forum member here had an animated GIF of Homer's face melting as his avatar for ages, the still image at the story scared the piss out of me. I didn't even read the article I just closed the tab and now I'm never going to sleep again.

Can some kind soul please have mercy and detail what the "Dead Bart" episode is, without posting that fucking GIF or picture?

WordAssassin said:
I did a Google search for this Dead Bart thing, just to try and find the story behind it. I clicked a link, and even though a forum member here had an animated GIF of Homer's face melting as his avatar for ages, the still image at the story scared the piss out of me. I didn't even read the article I just closed the tab and now I'm never going to sleep again.

Can some kind soul please have mercy and detail what the "Dead Bart" episode is, without posting that fucking GIF or picture?
It's really, really bad IMO.

Here's a link to the story (with no images) http://www.creepypasta.com/dead-bart/

If you don't want to read the whole thing, here it is in summary:

Matt Groening starts acting all weird, the author (of the pasta) finds him at a convention and asks him about the episode, and Groening gives him a disc with the episode on it (which also has a virus which a computer reboot was required to fix... derp?). In the episode, Bart dies by getting sucked out of a plane window, and for a lot of the episode his family are just crying at the table or something. Then they visit his grave and his corpse isn't buried, it's just in front of the grave stone, and there are other graves with dates of all the guest stars on them, which are the dates that some of them have died (Michael Jackson for example).

Edit: by 'bad' I meant it is a poorly told story, not that it's scary. Just to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom