• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cow and Chicken banned episode..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

AceBandage said:
Ah, the 90s.
When cartoons could be as crazy and disgusting as they wanted.
Today kinda sucks in comparison. It's dominated by Flash, and most shows use less-extreme absurdist humor.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
DonMigs85 said:
Today kinda sucks in comparison. It's dominated by Flash, and most shows use less-extreme absurdist humor.

I don't watch cartoons as much as i used to, but they still got some quality stuff out there.

Off the top of my head:

Flapjack, Chowder, Adventure Time, Regular Show, First couple of seasons of Spongebob.

DonMigs85

AwesomeSauce said:
I don't watch cartoons as much as i used to, but they still got some quality stuff out there.

Off the top of my head:

Flapjack, Chowder, Adventure Time, Regular Show, First couple of seasons of Spongebob.
Yep, the first two were great but sadly didn't last too long. Phineas & Ferb is also good.

Red

Courage is up there with Batman TAS as a show I can watch at 22 and not feel embarassed about.

drspeedy

Chinner said:
space ghost coast to coast owned as well

i know its not a kids show btu goddamn it owned.

"You know what we need? One of those mind eraser machines."

Thank god for AS humor... gave me something to do after working the late shift for years

Back on topic, I watched C&C religiously in the early 00's. The whole show was teetering on the edge of too blatant for kids. The Red Guy was constantly nude and showing his butt, always mentioned he spent time with the 'Azweepay tribe', a pretty obvious mispronunciation of "ass wipe"

and is a reference back to an old SNL skit where Nick Cage and his wife can't agree on a baby name, because he's afraid everyone will make fun of anything they chose- turns out Cage's character is named Asswipe Johnson, but it's "pronounced Ahs-Wee-Pay"

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Still a big fan of Ed,Edd,n Eddy. The great thing how it all ended on a high note with the movie they did, still keeping the animation style through out. Fucking plank man.

Also Samurai Jack. The 90s and early 2000s were very kind to us.

Flynn

Neo Child said:
Hate R&S with a passion, even the kids ones had very gross and sometimes very violent scenes which totally distrubs me =[

That's part of why I loved it. I'm an rarely happier than when I'm watching Ren go off on one of his psychotic rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom