• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craig Ferguson may be getting replaced as Late Late Show host

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

He's straight, and Scottish, which is like Europe's epic crown. They don't think of themselves as European, they think of themselves as ConneryBravehearts.

Honest Edit.

Actually, tbh, it's more like North of the Wall from Game of Thrones. We're even the same color as the White Walkers. And there is actually a wall built by Rome to keep us away from civilization.

Oh, I'm well aware. I'm a big fan.

I'm just describing every criticism I've heard in public of him. Plenty of reserved Americans who can't comprehend someone with that kind of charisma.

I'd actually love to know why you guys can't stand him. To me, he seems to be the exact opposite of guys like letterman and leno. I've only seen clips (of all of them) here and there though, since I don't have American tv.

I knew of him from being on the Drew Carey show, didn't pay attention to TLLS because Australia didn't get it until 2011 and unlike others that knew of his presence through the internet i didn't discover the show until it started over here. Fell in love with it as i gave up on Leno years prior and Conan was starting to wane for me.

I love his story which as already noted you can read in American on purpose. The way he gets his guests to relax and open up is amazing and it makes for fantastic interviews. I dig his brand of "humor" too.

Draconian

Craig is the only late night host that makes you feel like you'd want to sit down and have a beer with him. If that's the kind of television you like, then you get him. He's funny, but down to earth, and even if his jokes aren't the most amazingly clever in the world, it has this very not-at-all scripted feel that's quite enjoyable.

That's my take. Others might disagree.

Pretty much this. His interviews are the best because they feel like actual conversations instead of just following some talking points. Occasionally this will throw guests off, but it lets stuff like last week when Morgan Freeman came on and started talking about enzymes happen.

I'm also a fan of how incredibly basic the format of the show is. There's a cold open, a monologue, a tweets and emails section where much of the humor is provided by "celebrities" calling in and Geoff doing impressions or going back and forth with Craig on non-sequitors, and then the interviews. That and its largely unscripted nature are what make the show great and you never really quite know what'll happen on a night by night basis.

Draconian

She tweeted that she is in no pursuit of the show. We will have to take her word on it. There's rumors that she reached out to Criag which is why he held off on the Handler jokes last night.

Heh. I was wondering why they didn't keep running with that last night. I was expecting Miriam to bring it up when she called in.

BBboy20

Pretty much this. His interviews are the best because they feel like actual conversations instead of just following some talking points. Occasionally this will throw guests off, but it lets stuff like last week when Morgan Freeman came on and started talking about enzymes happen.

I'm also a fan of how incredibly basic the format of the show is. There's a cold open, a monologue, a tweets and emails section where much of the humor is provided by "celebrities" calling in and Geoff doing impressions or going back and forth with Craig on non-sequitors, and then the interviews. That and its largely unscripted nature are what make the show great and you never really quite know what'll happen on a night by night basis.

As a Scotsman who became an American citizen around the same time as Craig, I LOVED his series on becoming a citizen, with the citizenship test being both interesting and useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROuyKYF8Yjo

And funny.

Peepy eyes!

I didn't dare do jokes during mine tho...
Is there an Emmy for best improve?

Akahige

Aylinato

He's straight, and Scottish, which is like Europe's epic crown. They don't think of themselves as European, they think of themselves as ConneryBravehearts.

Honest Edit.

Actually, tbh, it's more like North of the Wall from Game of Thrones. We're even the same color as the White Walkers. And there is actually a wall built by Rome to keep us away from civilization.

Rome built the wall because they were terrified of Scottish people because of how brutal they were in battle, and the Romans didn't have the energy/manpower to defeat them

UraMallas

Craig and Geoff are easily the best thing going on in late night TV right now. I can't believe they would think of canning them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I stand firm by the belief that this rumor was generated to:

1) Position Chelsea Hanlder as a hot property by her management.

2) Strengthen CBS' bargaining position in an eventual contract negotiation with Craig Ferguson.

Fox318

Can't say I'm impressed by Chelsea Handler using this to try and market her name with the CBS photo.

Craig is the definition of class when it comes to late night. He is the only late night host that I have seen where the interviews are funny and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom