• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide!

ethomaz

Banned
Ratchet sales for comparison

b33pW7T.png
Not accurate data.

BTW I could find any source for these Crash 2.5 million.

SNURB

Poor result really when you consider how many copies Uncharted 4 sold. I guess that game didn't do its job very well.

Wut.

This is possibly the BEST outcome for Crash. I mean, I love Crash but I'm not expecting Uncharted levels of sales here man. It managed to do it's job in less than 2 months and Acti is more than happy about the results.

It'll be 4 million at best in its lifetime imo.

BigEmil

Poor result really when you consider how many copies Uncharted 4 sold. I guess that game didn't do its job very well.
I know some friends who cancelled their preorder for Crash Bandicoot after hearing the rumours it won't stay PlayStation exclusive lol likely waiting for other platform versions

Ultimadrago

I had a great time with the game, so I'm glad to hear the investment seemed to work out for them. On that note, I too wouldn't mind another Crash project handled by Vicarious Vision remake or otherwise.

Wut.

This is possibly the BEST outcome for Crash. I mean, I love Crash but I'm not expecting Uncharted levels of sales here man. It managed to do it's job in less than 2 months and Acti is more than happy about the results.

I think they're being sarcastic.

Wut.

Wasn't being serious man. Just cracking a joke about how it was Nate's duty to sell Crash to the masses.

I'm glad the collection is a success and Crash is back in a big way. The future's looking rosy for him right about now.

But yeah, we really need that Ape Escape remake stat. No more of that Knack shite.

We bought my sister a PS4 for Christmas a couple years ago. She has played exactly 2 games on it: Black Ops 3 multiplayer and Crash Nsane Trilogy.

N21

Now announce CTR remake at PSX and Crash 4 at next year's PSX.

I don't think Activision would do that, Crash 4 will be at Sony's or MS's E3 presentation. Bigger crowd means big audience to push it on.

Also who would be able to create such a game?

SNURB

Wasn't being serious man. Just cracking a joke about how it was Nate's duty to sell Crash to the masses.

I'm glad the collection is a success and Crash is back in a big way. The future's looking rosy for him right about now.

But yeah, we really need that Ape Escape remake stat. No more of that Knack shite.

Sorry about that dude.

Can't tell what's sarcastic or not anymore, especially on this site.

c1d

Nostalgia sells, especially when the people that played these games as a kid are now the ones with disposable income - friend of mine just bought a ps4 explicitly for crash because she 'had fun playing it at a friends house' when she was younger

Congratulations to Vicarious Visions! Hope to see more Crash from now on!

Also, I seem to recall that the credits for this game mentioned Sony Computer Entertainment America, so why is there still speculation on a port?

farisr

Congratulations to Vicarious Visions! Hope to see more Crash from now on!

Also, I seem to recall that the credits for this game mentioned Sony Computer Entertainment America, so why is there still speculation on a port?
Because Rise of The Tomb Raider extensively mentioned Microsoft as well in its credits.

Congrats, Crash deserves to come back from time to time, it's really fun and I'll definitely pick it up on X1 if it comes out.

Those clamoring for Rare to revive their franchises should see at Rare Replay and Yooka-Laylee that didn't set the world on fire as far as sales go. I think a lot of people don't realize how big Crash is, in Europe especially. Over here the PS1 is the ultimate nostalgia machine: Crash, Spyro, FF7, Gran Turismo, a lot of people think Tomb Raider was a PS exclusive. It is ridiculously huge over here, most people refer to consoles as "playstations", even when talking about MS or Nintendo hardware. Crash is probably the ultimate nostalgia machine in Europe, at this price in Sony-land it had to sell bonkers and it did. If we had a Banjo collection like this tomorrow on PS4 it wouldn't sell 1/10th of this rrhardless of price and quality. This is not a trend, this is the power of Crash and PS1, especially in Europe.

De_Legend

Banned
Good stuff.

I enjoyed this trilogy more than the original games, maybe I was too young back then to "enjoy" the difficulty.

Renna Hazel

Nostalgia sells, especially when the people that played these games as a kid are now the ones with disposable income - friend of mine just bought a ps4 explicitly for crash because she 'had fun playing it at a friends house' when she was younger

Having fun is a pretty good reason to buy a video game. Fun sells.

Curious to see if they can make a new game with the same level of quality.

And how many games it takes before it devolves into insanity again with tribal tattoos and mutants.

Top Bottom