• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crash bandicoot trilogy pretty much confirmed on pc ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nioh was published by Sony, just like Bayonetta 2 with Nintendo

Not quite. "Published" has become something of a perverted term these days, and that's not to single you out. KT funded the game, which is why it owns the IP and the game itself, but Sony offered a hand vis-a-vis retail distribution and marketing, thus the (temporary) exclusivity.

This is in contrast to Bayonetta 2, which is actually co-owned between Sega and Nintendo: Sega owns the IP, but Nintendo picked up from where Sega left off and funded the rest of the game's development, which is why they're both copyright claimants. See also: Alan Wake (Remedy/MS). KT will be free to release Nioh on anything from a fancy calculator to Super Awesome Mega System 3000 once its contract with Sony expires whereas Sega can't extend the reach of Bayonetta 2 without Nintendo's say-so.

Excitehype

Neo Member
helldivers-07-07-15-1.jpg

Im gonna leave this here as it is the exception thus far.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/394510/HELLDIVERS/

The fact that this isn't clear is crazy. It's like MS with Tomb Raider. Given that they haven't been clear and outright, I think a PC release is possible
You are wrong. MS was pretty clear that RotTR was a holiday 2015 exclusive and we all knew. This one? The word exclusive hasn't been used by any of the associated parties. You just know that if this was exclusive, Sony would be bragging all over the place.

rq4FaGI_d.jpg

This is definitely not gunna be console exclusive for long. There's not even a console exclusive logo on the cover. I just bought the game from my mom and pop shop.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't think there is a single exclusive game on PS4 of interest to me.
Same here

Bloodborne?

Persona 5?

Horizon?

You're missing out on some seriously phenomenal games.

I hate Dark Souls 3, no redeeming qualities for me, so why would I want Bloodborne. I hate Persona 2, absolutely boring, sub-par gameplay and stupid drama story, so why would I want Persona 5. I don't like Open World WRPGs (and had more than enough of this kind of game structure from Breath of the Wild), so why would I want Horizon.

This is not to say that these games are trash (though I wouldn't take them if given for free), but they do not match my tastes, which are quite similar to Max's actually.

I'm not buying a console for just a single remake of games I already own. If this game comes to Xbone or Switch I will buy it, if not, then not. Also, these two platforms would offer the greatest upgrade to me, playability with a controller that has the left analog stick in the more primary position, which is worth much more to me than the graphics upgrade. If this was a new game, then I would get a PS4 for it (if it was clear it is exclusive, otherwise I'd wait about a year before buying a console for it if I expect it to be ported eventually).

Filben

I just remember a lot of users complaining about unclear messaging during E3. So granted, my memory may be hazy
Your memory isn't completely hazy. There were a lot of confusion because it was indeed first labeled as "Xbox One/360 exclusive". However, MS react quickly—a day after the Gamescom presentation—and stated that "[...]the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise" and Square Enix apologied for the confusion as they were thinking "the [Gamescom] stage wasn't the right place for going into detail".

Top Bottom