• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craziest thing a GameStop employee has said to you.

jennetics

I worked at Gamestop way back when so I never really had any crazy things to say (cause I generally know what I'm talking about lol). That said, some of the things my customers would say made me laugh and/or shake my head in embarrassment.

Example #1: Customer buys Halo 3 day 1 for Xbox 360, beats it in a week, comes back and asks for a refund since he beat the game. Customer is indignant when I tell him the best I can do is offer $40something as a trade-in. He wants the full $65.01 back because the game was too short.

Example #2: 8 year old boy comes in with his mom. He's looking at video games and pulls out God of War II for PS2. He brings it up to the counter and tells his mom to buy it. I tell his mom that there's graphic violence and nudity throughout the game. His mom responds with "oh he sees me naked all the time, no problem."

I'll try and post more as they come to me, it's been 10+ years lol

Algebrah

Example #2: 8 year old boy comes in with his mom. He's looking at video games and pulls out God of War II for PS2. He brings it up to the counter and tells his mom to buy it. I tell his mom that there's graphic violence and nudity throughout the game.His mom responds with "oh he sees me naked all the time, no problem."

JSNmxHS.gif

Melchiah

I worked at Gamestop way back when so I never really had any crazy things to say (cause I generally know what I'm talking about lol). That said, some of the things my customers would say made me laugh and/or shake my head in embarrassment.

Example #1: Customer buys Halo 3 day 1 for Xbox 360, beats it in a week, comes back and asks for a refund since he beat the game. Customer is indignant when I tell him the best I can do is offer $40something as a trade-in. He wants the full $65.01 back because the game was too short.

Example #2: 8 year old boy comes in with his mom. He's looking at video games and pulls out God of War II for PS2. He brings it up to the counter and tells his mom to buy it. I tell his mom that there's graphic violence and nudity throughout the game. His mom responds with "oh he sees me naked all the time, no problem."

That's definitely the best one I've read on this thread.

PtM

Banned
So some people don't have a problem with nudity, big whoop. GS should have probably said "sexual content".

did you keep their customer details? please @ me

Not a GameStop, local one (Games n' Go in Brooklyn Park)

Worker and the customer were talking DBZ, it was shortly after the Battle of Gods movie had just been announced, he was like "Yeah, and they're going to do a brand new 100 episode series starting next year!"

This was like 3 years before Super was announced, mind you

Haganeren

Friend of mine asked if they had any inside information about the price for the Nintendo Switch.
One employee said "it should be around..I think it was like 70/80$" and the other corroborated "..yeah, yeah, it should be something like that".

So there you have it guys.
The Nintendo Switch to be under 100$

More 70$, Nintendo would be crazy to sold it at 80$ !

Kildrek

Ah, it seems likely that this is GameStop policy. They automatically add the warranty when the game is scanned, then the employee works it in however they feel comfortable doing so. In our cases, they didn't mention it. I bet this is the most effective strategy for them to make warranty numbers.

Of course, making numbers is a part of survival at retail chains. It's nothing new, but how GameStop goes about assisting their employees in making those numbers seems to have changed.

False, they did some shady shit, the computer asks you to ask them if they want it and you click yes or no.

I worked there last year for holiday for shits and giggles, and I can confirm the computer never adds it without you clicking yes. Those cashiers are just pieces of shit that's all.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I had bought a Virtual Boy, and learned that Nintendo was dropping support.

They tried to convince my father that it would be a viable platform when he requested a refund. He fought them on applying the refund price to a PlayStation, but they caved because he's a scary military man, and I've never looked back.

royox

Oh never seen this thread, gonna read it on the way home after work. Meanwhile...

Me:"Hi! I want to preorder Halo Reach"
GS:"Of course, for PS3 or Xbox360?"
ME:"What?"
GS:"What?"

Also it was incredible to hear a mom asking for a "Carlos Duty" game (I'm from Spain)

Top Bottom