• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

yencid said:
3419260095_bc137c21ec.jpg
For some reason, this episode scared the crap out of me as a kid. Now I love it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I have nothing to really post in this thread yet but I love these types of threads. This and the scary stories thread are win.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
For some reason, the baby from Eraserhead always sends chills down my spine. The imagery and audio are some of the best work from David Lynch, I thought.

B00003CWPL-025.jpg

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Does anyone know the name of that series of creepy youtube videos? All I can remember is the first one was a shaky cam recording of a guys porch, and he spotted some guy in a suit standing on it.

Ermac said:
Does anyone know the name of that series of creepy youtube videos? All I can remember is the first one was a shaky cam recording of a guys porch, and he spotted some guy in a suit standing on it.
Marble Hornets

Ashes

Banned
A lot of these images are just disfigured human beings... Anybody got anything different...

Spoke too soon.

Sielys said:
I decided to see the "Bodies" exhibit while it was in Durham.
I went to the a few years back and thought it was really nice. The horse was pretty weird, and so was the chicken that had everything but its blood vessels dissolved.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
They are from the golden age of children's entertainment, before the Great Pussification began.
I remember those books were the hot go-to thing in our schools library when i was in 2nd grade or something. Then they were fucking banned. I went to a catholic school.

Those books were amazingly fucked up.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Not really scary, but definitely unsettling IMO:

tetsuya_ishida_22.jpg

tetsuya_ishida_2.jpg

tetsuya_ishida_21.jpg

tetsuya_ishida_8.jpg

tetsuya_ishida_9.jpg

tetsuya_ishida_23.jpg

Artist name is Tetsuya Ishida. He was hit by a train in 2005, probably suicide.

Sielys

tumblr_lb2ea0ep401qzd3rjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lg4rz7YbV21qzd3rjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lgbezvYT531qagy35o1_500.jpg

A lot of you probably wont find this creepy, but speaking from experience, waking from a sudden pressure on your chest and seeing one of these little buggers an inch from your face can be quite terrifying.
tumblr_lcdeyiYuql1qzt6j3o1_500.jpg

G'night all...I'm going to attempt to sleep now.

Ashes

Banned
This is all just shouts and screams... where's the pictures that leave you speechless?
don't go over the t&cs.

Subscribed. I've always been creeped out by the Kuchisake Onna...

Wikipedia said:
The urban myth picks up from this point, stating that a woman roams around at night (especially during foggy evenings), with her face covered by a surgical mask, which would not be especially unusual, as people in Japan often wore masks in order to protect themselves from the flu or avoid infecting others when ill. When she encounters someone (primarily children, teenagers or college/high school students), she will shyly ask, "Am I pretty?" ("Watashi kirei?"). If the person answers yes, she will take off her mask and say, "How about now?" ("Kore demo?"). At this point, if the victim answers "No," she will slay them or cut their mouths to resemble hers (in many versions, her weapon is a pair of scissors). Before she kills the victims that responded with no, she would take them to her old house where her husband cut her. If the victim tells her she is pretty a second time, she follows the victim home and slays them at the doorway to their residence, due to the fact that "kirei" (きれい), Japanese for 'pretty,' is a near homophone of "kiru" (切る), the imperative form of "to cut". In other versions of the myth if you reply yes after she removes the mask she will give you a large blood soaked ruby and walk away. Another version says that if you reply yes, she will take her scissors and cut your mouth from ear to ear, making you resemble her, but may let you live. On most versions of the myth she is impossible to escape, as she can either appear in front of you no matter which way you turn or can move at superhuman speeds and catch you.

kuchisake-onna.jpg

Kuchisake-onna-carved-the-slit-mouthed-woman-14356933-622-311.jpg

Top Bottom