• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors announced for US/EU September 20/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf these games are vile
Like your posts.

the content of the game is extremely demeaning to women, to the point where the esrb was going to rate it above an m rating. this is something that doesn't fly if you're a platform holder, retailer, or most publishers. the result would be a game that didn't exist if not for these changes.

nisa usually doesn't make edits like this to games. in fact the only ones they've done it for are two criminal girls games and two mugen souls games, and specifically the parts where there are these girl-touching 'minigames'. let's not pretend that this is part of a bigger pattern.
True but most of the "concerning stuff" is still in the game. All these changes do is throw smoke and mirrors to what's going on. I'm fine with them taking out the dialogue during the punishment segments. The other stuff, not so much.

I'm motivated for this.
:^)

No, they expect the exact same demographic to buy the game. It's just what they need to do to actually get it released over here at all. I'd imagine they figure the cross section of "People who want to play this game" and "People who won't bother importing" is large enough to justify a localization, and getting an AO rating is the kiss of death for a game so they have no real choice but to change whatever they can.

If it were me as NISA, I'd submit the game instead of preemptively thinking what I'm submitting will get an AO.

the content of the game is extremely demeaning to women, to the point where the esrb was going to rate it above an m rating. this is something that doesn't fly if you're a platform holder, retailer, or most publishers. the result would be a game that didn't exist if not for these changes.

nisa usually doesn't make edits like this to games. in fact the only ones they've done it for are two criminal girls games and two mugen souls games, and specifically the parts where there are these girl-touching 'minigames'. let's not pretend that this is part of a bigger pattern.

This is some high tier manufactured bullshit right here, jesus fuck. NISA just doesn't have any spheres.

Like your posts.

True but most of the "concerning stuff" is still in the game. All these changes do is throw smoke and mirrors to what's going on. I'm fine with them taking out the dialogue during the punishment segments. The other stuff, not so much.

:^)

rEXurxW.jpg
NSFA

How can you justify stuff like this?

kunonabi

Hard to say if I'll go with the US version or not. I like the character designs much better than the first game but losing the motivation dialogue is a bit much. Might have to see more of the redrawn art and make a decision then. It sounds like they putting a lot of effort into it and doing as little unnecessary changes as possible. I wonder how necessary reframing things as consensual are to the rating. That seems like kind of a big shift considering the basic concept of the game. I didn't play the first so I might be wrong about that.

Another censored product, another pass.

I wish NISA would get back to localizing titles like Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. I loved that game. Great story, fantastic villain(?), actually delved into the topics of good/evil and right/wrong.

Nowadays whenever a new NISA announcement comes out the first thing we all have to ask them is, "is it censored?"

muteki

If it were me as NISA, I'd submit the game instead of preemptively thinking what I'm submitting will get an AO, and by the way.
I'd would think it costs a good chunk of change to submit for rating from ESRB or the others they would have to go through. Not cheap enough to just throw something out there I'd imagine.

At least in this instance, the rating excuse is more believable than other titles that have tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom