• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (CW) Extended Trailer

EJ_vMjOUYAYQ2MZ.jpg

The crossover will begin with Supergirl on December 8, 2019, and will continue with Batwoman on December 9, and The Flash on December 10. "Crisis on Infinite Earths" will conclude with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on January 14, 2020. The December 9, 2019 episode of Black Lightning will also tie-in to the event.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Didn’t Barry Allen die in the comic? I’m guessing the cross over is not going to be too faithful to the source material.
Not a big fan of the individual shows but generally find the cross overs watchable.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Didn’t Barry Allen die in the comic? I’m guessing the cross over is not going to be too faithful to the source material.
Not a big fan of the individual shows but generally find the cross overs watchable.

Not a spoiler, since both characters know their deaths are coming in Crisis, and it’s been the focus of both seasons, but it’s supposed to be Barry and Oliver this time.

However, Arrow is ending with this crossover (and two epilogue episodes), so it’s more likely that the latter will be the sacrifice, and Barry squeaks by somehow, but who knows. Kinda hoping for a happy ending for both.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m glad we have a thread for this. It’s been a long time since the Arrowverse was good, but these events tend to be pretty good.

I also quit watching a long time ago, but wanted to say goodbye to Arrow, and got sucked into Flash, which is surprisingly good this season. It’s been an interesting lead-up (not that great on the Arrow side, but sufficient with good moments) with a lot of teary goodbyes.

I hope they deliver a wonderful last story for Oliver, and I’m kind of seeing this as a chance to walk away from it for good myself, and celebrate all the good times with one last hurrah.

DESTROYA

I’m glad we have a thread for this. It’s been a long time since the Arrowverse was good, but these events tend to be pretty good.

I also quit watching a long time ago, but wanted to say goodbye to Arrow, and got sucked into Flash, which is surprisingly good this season. It’s been an interesting lead-up (not that great on the Arrow side, but sufficient with good moments) with a lot of teary goodbyes.

I hope they deliver a wonderful last story for Oliver, and I’m kind of seeing this as a chance to walk away from it for good myself, and celebrate all the good times with one last hurrah.
Yeah pretty much watched the first couple of years from Flash and Arrow but stopped mostly because I just generally stopped watching most TV and got rid of cable.

pramod

Banned
That just looks like a bunch of people in silly costumes standing around talking. Pretty underwhelming.

-Arcadia-

Banned
For all my criticisms of the Arrowverse lately, that was a fantastic first part. Do not click on the following spoiler if you haven’t watched — it doesn’t come any bigger than this.

Oliver. : (

I don’t think it’s truly over, especially with the Monitor’s vision not being this, but that was no less moving. For as inconsistent as the show has been, I love this character, and that ending is absolutely, totally something he’d do.

They’ve really nailed the epic feeling, and sold that this is something almost impossible to fight. The writing is much stronger than it’s been in a long time, the typical woke Supercuck parts aside (it’s ignorable so far, no worries), and really doing this event justice.

I cannot wait for Part 2.

Atrus

Gold Member
As someone who only watches The Flash, I'm a bit blown away that the TV shows have Constantine, Jonah Hex, and Lazarus Pits. Just finished part 2 today and it wasn't really much of a Batwoman centric episode at all.

Nice to see a cameo and closure for a couple old WB/CW characters though lol.

As someone who only watches The Flash, I'm a bit blown away that the TV shows have Constantine, Jonah Hex, and Lazarus Pits. Just finished part 2 today and it wasn't really much of a Batwoman centric episode at all.

Nice to see a cameo and closure for a couple old WB/CW characters though lol.
You need to watch Legends of Tomorrow. That's the real shit.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So no one saw the finale last night?

Y'all.. it was EPIC! AND there were a few surprises!

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I didn't really feel the first three parts but the two hour finale was actually exciting. They finally gave us a surprise cameo that I was genuinely not expecting.

That was almost out of left field! It was... I jumped out of my seat! For real!

Atrus

Gold Member
Well that was an amazing crossover! Did not expect that cameo in the Arrow episode nor that piece of furniture there at the end in the "abandoned Star Labs facility". Lots of little hints and teases which show that the writers really do love the source material.

It's really hard to top that. If someone were to have told me we'd have multiple comic based shows running simultaneously and that they'd be doing team ups of some of the best crossovers, teenage me would have never imagined it in a million years.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I didn’t like it, or rather, I feel conflicted.

I felt like they had tons of amazing, literally jaw-dropping, moments throughout, but those moments weren’t connected by a story that could make me feel anything.

Everything playing out seemed more like random chaos, without clear plans, motives, explanations, or even a chance to breathe and develop essential plot pieces, as Crisis whisked itself from one incredible set-piece/cameo to the next.

I’d call it typical bad Arrowverse writing, but it’s a cut above that. It’s not that offensive. It’s just really lacking.

Likewise, the... I really don’t know what else to call them, ghosts, that served as the antagonists of the whole thing, got old. They weren’t fun to watch fight, nor did they bring out all the cool abilities of the crossover cast, particularly the more human ones, who were just punching air for five episodes straight.

Moreover, Oliver.

He really should have gone out better than this. A grand two episodes of being anything more than a corpse or a voiceover, and not even getting that much screentime in the second. I wanted his final story to be a lot more meaningful, and well, centered around him. The others have years of story yet to tell, but this was our final one with Oliver, and I feel we were cheated out of that.

It’s just absolutely crazy that I’m seeing this character that I’ve loved for 8 years, leaving this universe, likely to never come back, and the story couldn’t make me feel a single thing.

How he went out was cool, and one of those moments I was talking about, but with precious little build-up to that, or any of the crazy things that happen to Oliver in this story, it was just emotionally meaningless.

The entire thing is a testament to how much you need a story. Spectacle, events, no matter how good they are, they can’t do anything if the viewer isn’t invested in your plot.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My jaw dropped when I heard

Ezra Miller's voice

WB/DC just going for it, I love it.

Now about the story, I can't say I was really impressed with it as a whole. It began just fine then kind of went off the rails in the second half of ep3.

I realize it must have been a very difficult task keeping things coherent across so many shows with their different directors and showrunners and all. But even so it felt a little rushed, and they kept relying on The Speed Force too much to get them out of binds. That felt a little undeserved.

I need to watch Black Lighting, that guy was cool. The trailer I saw once and some of the advertisements made me think the character was kind of lame, but he was really good in Crisis. Hopefully it's on the CW app. Going to miss Amell once he's finally gone. I was never a huge fan of his show but it's been that one reliable superhero show on the air for like eight years, always there when I was in the mood for my CW corny hero fix.

betrayal

Banned
We're in for a treat. The new batwoman is in the picture, which is the first show where i watched an episode just to witness how bad it is.
It exceeded my expectations. Many times i really thought it was satire.
So as far as that goes, maybe the show has potential!

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My jaw dropped when I heard

Ezra Miller's voice

WB/DC just going for it, I love it.

Now about the story, I can't say I was really impressed with it as a whole. It began just fine then kind of went off the rails in the second half of ep3.

I realize it must have been a very difficult task keeping things coherent across so many shows with their different directors and showrunners and all. But even so it felt a little rushed, and they kept relying on The Speed Force too much to get them out of binds. That felt a little undeserved.

I need to watch Black Lighting, that guy was cool. The trailer I saw once and some of the advertisements made me think the character was kind of lame, but he was really good in Crisis. Hopefully it's on the CW app. Going to miss Amell once he's finally gone. I was never a huge fan of his show but it's been that one reliable superhero show on the air for like eight years, always there when I was in the mood for my CW corny hero fix.
Yep, Black Lightning is great! It's on the CW app... But I think you can watch both previous seasons on Netflix.

Top Bottom