• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Criterion's next racing game seemingly releasing in 2013

Raide

Burnout Paradise should die and become like the new NFS. Burnout should be resurrected and go back to the Takedown style of specific tracks, crazy vehicles and awesome crash junctions.

vio

NFS Most Wanted (pc version at least) is awful. Steering (that fucking lag) in that game is awful. I hope next game is better.

Why do people dislike the Criterion NFS games?

Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted are excellent games! Would you rather have gotten another pro street or nfs carbon game instead?

The quality went way up with Criterion doing the NFS games. I really enjoyed all the Burnouts and Paradise is my favorite other then B2... but I don't think they will be going back to Burnout for some time.

It's not that Criterion's NFS aren't good, it's just that their Burnout games are better. EA finally found a great racing developer and instead of letting them develop a series they created, they were assigned to the task of saving one that should have died years ago.

Yes, the quality of NFS games improved, but that was building off complete crap like Carbon and World, and the developers of Shift ditched EA the first chance they got.

-Amon-

While i found their work on NFS to be entertaining i felt Burnout Paradise was better, much more content for the buck.

I hope that they're going back to paradise's route for their next work

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Im kinda burnt out of criterion's racing mechanic formula.

Please try something else, new genre

New Gen, its the perfect time to try something new.

vio

I don`t like Criteron NFS because the are Racing Games where you have to fill nitro bar to win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don`t like Criteron NFS because the are Racing Games where you have to fill nitro bar to win.

Pretty much. All their games kind of feel like 'Yeah, these guys made Burnout.' Like it's never any different. Original Most Wanted felt completely different from Underground 2, for example.

I'd rather have a new Forza Horizon or Driver: SF at this point.

LQX

Why do people dislike the Criterion NFS games?

Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted are excellent games! Would you rather have gotten another pro street or nfs carbon game instead?

The quality went way up with Criterion doing the NFS games. I really enjoyed all the Burnouts and Paradise is my favorite other then B2... but I don't think they will be going back to Burnout for some time.

My problem is that, being that I'm not a big Burnout fan I would have preferred Criterion kept that semi-unique racing mechanism of the Burnout series confined to the Burnout series of games rather than slowly turning NFS into a re-skinned Burnout making the series almost undifferentiable.

BioHazard

Pretty much. All their games kind of feel like 'Yeah, these guys made Burnout.' Like it's never any different. Original Most Wanted felt completely different from Underground 2, for example.

I'd rather have a new Forza Horizon or Driver: SF at this point.

my man...

It could be they are planning on releasing a 1080p 60fps version
of Most Wanted for PS4 and Nextbox. Criterion released HD version
of Burnout Revenge for the 360 when that launched so it could be a similar
strategy.

Personally Criteron can do no wrong in my book, exceptt for Burnout Crash.
I love both Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted.

Xun

I'd much rather have a new non-open world Burnout title.

Paradise was fantastic, but it was just lacking in the magic of the older games.

boingball

Successor to Burnout 3 Takedown please.

But this will be just a new NFS, since Criterion is now responsible for those and EA most likely expects a yearly release. Requires always online.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Give us another burnout, it's been too damn long! I can't stand most racing sims, I need to crash into stuff.

Whatever they're doing, please fix the handling. Hot Pursuit felt smooth and responsive while Most Wanted felt like controlling a boat with arthritis.

Top Bottom