• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Platform Controller Support (Titan One)

jwm2

Where do I buy one in Canada!?

You can buy one from extreme-mods.com or eBay

Please check the retailer list at consoletuner.com/retailers

isnt that all part of gtuner and plugins? both products use it ...

The CM uses a very old version of Gtuner that is gutted and rebranded illegally. Each time Jefferson releases a new Gtuner Pro he changes the security so they have to work much harder each time to crack his new software. Of course this isn't a problem if you own a Titan One, its only a problem if you own an unlicensed device. In fact the CM for those 2 months that Jefferson worked with them will work just fine, but those haven't been available for months. Jefferson has not cut off his legitimate customers, as he has the serial numbers for each device he has been paid for in the database. But devices without a legit serial number will not work with Gtuner Pro, however those will work with the pirated version of Gtuner that was rebranded. They did this so they could continue to dupe customers into buying their unlicensed devices. In case you didn't know the CronusMAX team is Team Xecuter, which is well known for stealing other people's hard work and making people believe it is theirs.

Don't worry about the drama though, there is only ONE real device and that is the Titan One. The Titan One will continue to get great support from Jefferson for years to come.

jwm2

Allowing keyboard + mouse to be used for console FPS gaming is the biggest crock of shit out there.

Actually some people need it because of disabilities. Unless you'd rather them be left out of the gaming world. IMO its just a personal preference for most people. Some people drink their coffee black, others like cream and sugar. It doesn't make them any less of a coffee drinker if they like cream and sugar. At the same time cream and sugar isn't for everyone. But to take it personal either way is a waste of time IMO. Take it or leave it, its available if you want it and if not thats fine also.

jwm2

Wish it had Xbone controller to X360 support. Using the X1 controller has spoiled me.

It does. You CAN use the Xbox One controller on the Xbox 360. You can also use the Xbox 360 controller on the Xbox One.

I'll take it a step further and inform you that you can even use the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers on the PS3. You can use the PS3 and PS4 controllers on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Hell you can even use the Wii U controller on all of them. There are just so many possible combinations to list, but you get the idea ;)

flkraven

Actually some people need it because of disabilities. Unless you'd rather them be left out of the gaming world. IMO its just a personal preference for most people. Some people drink their coffee black, others like cream and sugar. It doesn't make them any less of a coffee drinker if they like cream and sugar. At the same time cream and sugar isn't for everyone. But to take it personal either way is a waste of time IMO. Take it or leave it, its available if you want it and if not thats fine also.

I clearly don't mean people with disabilities. Everyone should be able to access games, so if it is required for a person with a disability I completely understand and support it.

But that isn't the majority of people that use kb & mouse. It may be a personal preference, but one set of controls is objectively better than the other. The entire reason I bought a console is because I want to lazily play on the couch and use a controller, not because a controller is the best FPS control option. I could hook a PC up to my TV, but then I would be at a disadvantage since I'd be the only one using a controller. I don't want to use a KB&M to play an FPS, but I want to be on a level playing field while using a controller, ipso facto, I get a console.

So when I find out that people are circumventing the native control options to play with KB&M (disabilities aside), yes, it's upsetting. One person can snap their crosshair to someone's head with the precision of a lazer mouse, while someone else is relying on a analog stick. It's like finding out that one guy has a much lower ping than everyone else, or that someone is using standard controls in an all-motion-controls mario kart race. I'm not going to rage, flip tables, and swear off console FPS gaming, but I am merely voicing my displeasure on this.

jwm2

So can I plug a X360 Hori Real Arcade Pro. VX SA to PS4 directly without PC and external programs?
Still don't understand that "crossover" concept.

User here says it disconnects every 10 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xEU9WyQ7A

No due to the PS4 currently requiring constant authentication you need to use a PC. I hope sony changes this soon but for now thats the way it is. The reason his unit was disconnecting is because the PS4 is looking for the original controller to authenticate and when he unplugged it to plug in his other controller its no longer available for authentication. Thats the reason a PC is needed. But its very easy to connect and use, its just an extra step that is required because of that.

jwm2

Is there any european retailer for the titan?
Import duty fees are kind of annoying 😞

Sorry that i'm not sure of. You can buy them on ebay which pays the import duties for you, but you must pay when you checkout. Or you can buy from their main retailer extreme-mods.com and pay the import duty upon delivery. Either way its not something that can be controlled by the sellers. Even importers within your country must pay import fees, which in the end makes the product cost more to you. There really is no good way around it, other than contacting your government and see if they'll strike up a free trade agreement with the USA, LOL.

jwm2

I clearly don't mean people with disabilities. Everyone should be able to access games, so if it is required for a person with a disability I completely understand and support it.

But that isn't the majority of people that use kb & mouse. It may be a personal preference, but one set of controls is objectively better than the other. The entire reason I bought a console is because I want to lazily play on the couch and use a controller, not because a controller is the best FPS control option. I could hook a PC up to my TV, but then I would be at a disadvantage since I'd be the only one using a controller. I don't want to use a KB&M to play an FPS, but I want to be on a level playing field while using a controller, ipso facto, I get a console.

So when I find out that people are circumventing the native control options to play with KB&M (disabilities aside), yes, it's upsetting. One person can snap their crosshair to someone's head with the precision of a lazer mouse, while someone else is relying on a analog stick. It's like finding out that one guy has a much lower ping than everyone else, or that someone is using standard controls in an all-motion-controls mario kart race. I'm not going to rage, flip tables, and swear off console FPS gaming, but I am merely voicing my displeasure on this.

I understand your position but at the same time if you think about it, the people who would be using a keyboard and mouse are the ones who suck at using the controller. Otherwise there would be no reason to use a kb&m over a controller. IMO it comes down to personal preference. Some folks are just used to using a keyboard and mouse and I doubt that anyone who uses one would have much of an advantage over someone who isn't. This device does so much more than just keyboard and mouse controls. It gives the user control over their controller. Remapping keys, macros, scripting, cross over controllers, etc. While you may not want to use all of those features, you may want to use one or two of them and for that this device is hard to beat.

klodeckel

Banned
Just curious jwm2 ... Any chance for Xbox One Headset Support in future?

I know there is a workaround with a second controller, but it could be much more comfortable if it would just work like it does without the device.

btw: Congrats on that Visual Scripting feature. Seems awesome.

jwm2

Just curious jwm2 ... Any chance for Xbox One Headset Support in future?

I know there is a workaround with a second controller, but it could be much more comfortable if it would just work like it does without the device.

btw: Congrats on that Visual Scripting feature. Seems awesome.

Actually there is a very easy workaround that only costs about $5. Here is the link to it.

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=330

Its easy to setup and actually works better than passing sound though the controller in terms of sound quality.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
From Product Listing: Compatible with both Xbox One and PC. Thrustmaster drivers for PC are available for download from the ts.thrustmaster.com website.

Yes you'd be able to use this pretty easily. You would have to connect a PC or laptop to your PS4 due to its constant authentication requirement. Your connection would look like this:

Thrustmaster > PC > Titan One > PS4

Your PS4 controller will need to be plugged into the Titan One via USB or bluetooth (bluetooth 4.0 adapter required). On your PC you will run Gtuner Pro with the MaxAim DI plugin enabled. The MaxAim DI plugin also allows you to configure and tweak your steering wheel so it feels just like you want it. Using this setup you can connect ANY controller to your PS4. On other consoles this is not required due to the fact they only require startup authentication, but the PS4 (at least for now) requires constant authentication.

FYI, Gtuner Pro and the MaxAim DI plugin are free with the purchase of the Titan One :)

Yes it does. It will allow you to use just about any controller on any console. Keep in mind for the PS4 you will need to use a PC or laptop running the Gtuner Pro software and MaxAim DI plugin. But you can use any wheel such as those made for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC, etc on your PS4 using this method. And due to this you have a wide array of configuration options for things like deadzones, etc. Essentially with this you can make your steering wheel feel exactly the way you want it to, to suit your driving style and feel :)

The guy who created the Titan One is the same guy who created the GamePadProxy, Cronus and CronusMAX. He had a falling out with the Cronus and CronusMAX groups, due to them not paying him, so he abandoned support on those 2 devices and created the Titan One. He basically allowed them to rebrand his device and sell it as their own, but that didn't work out very well, as he never got the money that he as promised. So he took some time, revamped the internal design, and added a lot of new features to it before releasing it again as the Titan One.

Well jwm2, all I can say is WOW!!! I have learned quite a bit today and you have certainly supplied us with a wealth of information in this thread. I kinda feel like a fool now, after my ardent defense of the ChronusMax in these few posts:

*isamu blindly defends ChronusMax' upcoming version 2.0 part 1*

*isamu blindly defends ChronusMax' upcoming version 2.0 part 2*

*isamu blindly defends ChronusMax' upcoming version 2.0 part 3*

I cannot say one way or the other which device will be better once CM 2.0 comes out, but it appears I should have done a bit more research on the competition between the two products before defending one of them so stringently.

It seems your accounts of the events of what happened between the ControllerMax guys and this Jefferson guy, is at least somewhat accurate, as even the ControllerMax guys themselves, have stated in a thread and admitted Jefferson branched out to do his own thing. However, their account of what happened is different and the way they told their version of the story paints Jefferson in a bad light. With that having been said, the thread I read that in a couple weeks ago has since been deleted from ControllerMax' forums(hmm, I wonder why?).

I have been going on CM's forums for the past two weeks now and was really under the impression that only THEY were the ones responsible for this technology, until I read that read about the Titan One and how they slammed the author of that device. But now with this thread, the story is becoming clearer.

Without having "been there" first hand, it's hard to say who's telling the truth, but I am inclined to believe what you've had to say on this matter jwm2. The Titan One appears to be the real deal.

There is only one question remaining jwm2, and it is the MILLION DOLLAR question my friend.....

Does the Titan One support TRUE force feedback steering wheels? It seems right now it only supports the rumble signals. But what us racing game fans want is TRUE FFB....and preferably via MaxAim DI/GTuner. If this is not the case at the moment, can you tell me if Jefferson is at least planning on releasing a firmware to make this possible?

jwm2........Here is what I posted on the ChronusMax forum just yesterday, and paints a more detailed picture of what I truly want a device like to accomplish. I have simply replaced the term "CM 2.0" with "Titan One", so you can understand how it applies to both devices....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CM2.0 is supposedly going to have true wheel support.

This is how I'm *HOPING* an upcoming version of the Titan One works when it's released:

1)Take the Titan One and plug it into your console. I'll use PS3 as an example

2)The PS3 will want to know what kind of controller just got plugged into it. You can then answer it by plugging an *OFFICIALLY* supported PS3 wheel into the Titan One, and then the PS3 will accept it and think that's what it's dealing with. The game will take note of the *EXACT* brand and model PS3 wheel you plugged into it.

3)At that time, you can proceed to use the Titan One to connect the PS3 to your PC, and use whatever force feedback steering wheel and pedals you want via the new MAXAim DI plugin.

4)You can make whatever adjustments you want for force feedback strength, rotation and sensitivity to your wheel via Windows and MAXAIM DI, and the PS3 will *STILL* see it as the specific wheel you plugged into the Titan One

The reason I am hoping we will still be able to use MAXAIM DI in conjunction with the Titan One, is because this way, we can keep our steering wheels plugged into our PC, and still have the force feedback functionality to go with it. I also hope that the Titan One will have no problems receiving and delivering true FFB to our PCs, rather than having to have our wheels directly plugged into the Titan One

Yes, I realize that for a lot of Titan One users, I can understand why you would find the method of simply plugging your wheel into the Titan One directly more convenient. But some of us play on both PC and consoles, and would rather keep everything plugged into one machine.

It will also be beneficial for the Titan One to have the console recognize whatever official ffb wheel we plug into it, and continue to see that as the device we're using, while using MAX AIM DI. The reason I say this is because there are several different types of Logitech wheels available for PS3, but not all of them are recognized the same way by all games.

For example, Ridge Racer 7 is my all time favorite game on the PS3. However, it is incompatible with the G25/G27 wheel. The wheel it *IS* compatible with however, is the Logitech Driving Force EX, which was a wheel released ages ago and very early into the PS3's life cycle, and has long since been discontinued. It's just a crappy old plastic toy-like wheel with ffb but would be an essential tool for cronusMax to be able to "talk to" Ridge Racer with. Even with the Titan One as a middle man, if I attempt to use a Logitech G27 wheel with Ridge Racer 7, it would be useless. But with a Driving Force EX, if I can get the game to recognize it through the Titan One, and then proceed to use a different, more hardcore, higher quality ffb wheel like this one:

7000Clamp1.jpg

IMG-20121011-00003.jpg

....which does NOT work on consoles..... but if it works on the PS3 via Titan One/MaxAim DI....then that will be WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto with the PS4. If I need to buy an official FFB PS4 wheel like the Thrustmaster TX or whatever in order to be able to use my hardcore PC wheel, and can use it via MaxAim DI, then so be it. I am willing to buy 3 official console wheels so I can use my PC only wheel on the consoles....the Logitech Driving Force EX so I can play Ridge Racer 7 with TRUE supported FFB, the Logitech G27 for the other games that support it like Gran Tursimo 6, and the Thrustmaster wheel for the PS4 to play Drive Club. I have no interest in actually using any of those 3 wheels to play with, just to use them as a "tool" or communication bridge for the Titan One in order for me to use my PC hardcore wheel and pedals via MAXAIM DI.

So I **SINCERELY** hope the Titan One(or an upcoming version) will allow us this option once it's released. I've been wanting to play Ridge Racer 7 with a real High-grade industrial FFB wheel for YEARS! It would be a dream come true and will take me back to the days of when I used to play RR in the arcades many moons ago !!!!!!!!!!!!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just registered over at the ConsoleTuner Forums. Some very interesting and helpful discussions going on over there.

i'm just waiting for this or the Cronus or something similar to include the PS4 authentication chip so i don't have to daisychain a PS3 fightstick into a PC and into a DS4 and then into the PS4.

I'm not carrying my laptop around me to fighting game events :D

or, where are the cheap 3rd party controllers that i can rip the chipset out of and triplemod my old stick?

jwm2

Just registered over at the ConsoleTuner Forums. Some very interesting and helpful discussions going on over there.

Hi nice to meet you. You might want to repost at the consoletuner.com/forum your previous post so Jefferson can answer you directly. I am just here to help clear up the information based on my interaction with Jefferson and his company and what we've discussed through online chat. He would be much better at fielding your questions and concerns than I would and I know he would be happy to do so :)

I'm pretty sure he can get you to where you want to be with your industrial grade steering wheel with the current hardware. I know he has been working on several features for steering wheel support over the past few weeks. Like I said a post on the forum would get his attention quickly and he'll tell you everything you need to know and then some, haha!

And to your point about the ControllerMAX team trying to paint Jefferson as the bad guy. They are doing this so they can continue to sell units and confuse people as to the origin and support. Jefferson never really liked working with them as they were most concerned about sales and not the overall customer experience and satisfaction. He only worked with them for a very short time and once he told them he was leaving they sent him a cracked version of his own firmware to let him know they no longer needed him. This was of course a failed ploy to get him to sit still and just take whatever they felt like giving him. I have seen numerous emails from Paul himself threatening this. In fact those emails were very odd in nature. In one email he is begging Jefferson to stay, and the very next email he is threatening him. He even at one point agreed to just stop selling CronusMAX devices and they can part ways only to follow it up with a threat to flood the market with cheap chinese knock offs. My guess is it was a kitchen sink approach to negotiation, but comical none the less.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a CM 2.0. They simply do not have the resources or knowledge to put this together with the same level of polish Jefferson's product has. Jefferson has spent over 4 years working on this to get it to the point it is now. He is the only one with the source code and they would have to create all of their own hardware, software and firmware (which requires a lot of know how and testing) to make this work.

jwm2

i'm just waiting for this or the Cronus or something similar to include the PS4 authentication chip so i don't have to daisychain a PS3 fightstick into a PC and into a DS4 and then into the PS4.

or, where are the cheap 3rd party controllers that i can rip the chipset out of and triplemod my old stick?

There is a workaround in the works but that issue has more to do with sony and less to do with the Titan One. The Titan One is an intermediary device that intercepts the signal and adds its own processing to the signal before being outputted to the console. With that being said its actually a requirement of sony that it authenticates every 10 mins, not the Titan One. However that's not to say that sony won't take that out in a future firmware update (albeit highly unlikely). So for now the best use on a PS4 is for turning your unmodded controller into a modded one or to use a keyboard and mouse on your console. I know Jefferson is working on something right now that will fix this issue, but i have no idea what it is or how it will work. But none the less having wireless ps4 support is something no other device has (i.e. CronusMAX) and that IMO is a huge feature that by itself is worth the price of admission and more :)

Just so everyone knows here is a list of possible uses:

MC= Modded Controller (Rapid fire, jump shot, anti-recoil, etc), Macros, Button Remapping
KM = Keyboard & Mouse Support through a PC running Gtuner Pro and MaxAim DI plugin (free with every Titan One)
CO = Cross Over Controller Support - Using a different consoles controller on your console (including wii controllers)
BT = Bluetooth Support - Allows you to connect a bluetooth controller such as Dualshock 4 (PS4) & Dualshock 3 (PS3), Wiimote (Wii) via Bluetooth
BTwA = Bluetooth Support with Authentication - Allows you to authenticate your bluetooth controller wirelessly for a seamless experience

PS4 = MC, KM, BT, BTwA
PS3 = MC, KM, CO, BT
Xbox One = MC, KM, CO, BT
Xbox 360 = MC, KM, CO, BT

Cross-Over Support:
PS4 = None, unless you connect a PC or Laptop to your PS4 through the Titan One.
PS3 = Full, all controllers work wired and wirelessly.
Xbox One = Full, all controllers work wired and wirelessly.
Xbox 360 = Full, all controllers work wired and wirelessly.

Notes:
- Xbox 360, Xbox One require authentication on first boot with a wired controller.
- Xbox 360 Wireless with Plug N Charge Cable will NOT work. You must use a dedicated wired controller for authentication.
- To use an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly you will need the Xbox PC Adapter (approx $15)
- Any Bluetooth 4.0 adapter will work for both PS4, PS3 and Wii controllers. Bluetooth 4.0 is recommended due to speed and low voltage requirements. (Approx $10).

isamu

Thanks jmw2 for your responses. Excellent posts my friend!

I have engaged in a conversation with Jefferson and we are discussing the steering wheel issue in this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199

You have done a lot to help dispel the misinformation being spread at the ControllerMax forums, and have cleared up many questions as to how the situation is really unfolding. So thank you :)

Colombo

I am thinking of picking one of these up from ebay in future as the shipping price is reasonable to Australia. I really want to be able to use the Wii U Pro controller on my Xbox One, PS3 and my future PS4. Shame about the authentication requirement on PS4 though. Some proper Wii U support for Cronus would be nice too.

jwm2

I am thinking of picking one of these up from ebay in future as the shipping price is reasonable to Australia. I really want to be able to use the Wii U Pro controller on my Xbox One, PS3 and my future PS4. Shame about the authentication requirement on PS4 though. Some proper Wii U support for Cronus would be nice too.

You can forget any new features ever coming to the cronus devices, that simply won't happen. The Titan One is where all the support is right now and in the future. If you buy a CronusMAX you will be buying an unlicensed and unsupported device, period. If you buy a Titan One from consoletuner.com then you will have all the support you will need and even request new features on the forum by speaking to Jefferson (J2KSupport) directly :)

jwm2

Thanks jmw2 for your responses. Excellent posts my friend!

I have engaged in a conversation with Jefferson and we are discussing the steering wheel issue in this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199

You have done a lot to help dispel the misinformation being spread at the ControllerMax forums, and have cleared up many questions as to how the situation is really unfolding. So thank you :)

Nice it sounds like Jefferson was able to address your questions and hopefully get you squared away. I know you will love your Titan One and once forced feedback is released it should be perfect for what you are trying to do :)

There is a workaround in the works but that issue has more to do with sony and less to do with the Titan One.

thanks for the breakdown :)

and yeah, i know it's sony's new "policy" and their way of trying to fight the system being cracked through USB peripherals again i guess :p

However there are and will be 3rd party controllers and those are authenticated somehow. This same chip just has to be cloned by another manufacturer/emulated by Titan

Or like i said, i'll gladly buy a cheap 3rd party pad and just solder the insides to my existing stick to mod it like i did with PS3/X360 chips before. Soldering a legit Dualshock4 is a nightmare i do not want to touch :D

jwm2

thanks for the breakdown :)

and yeah, i know it's sony's new "policy" and their way of trying to fight the system being cracked through USB peripherals again i guess :p

However there are and will be 3rd party controllers and those are authenticated somehow. This same chip just has to be cloned by another manufacturer/emulated by Titan

Or like i said, i'll gladly buy a cheap 3rd party pad and just solder the insides to my existing stick to mod it like i did with PS3/X360 chips before. Soldering a legit Dualshock4 is a nightmare i do not want to touch :D

Yes well emulation might be a problem because it would probably involve copyrighted code or protection systems and may violate some laws. But i'm sure he has something up his sleeve to help resolve this. I know he is planning on releasing the Tournament Edition firmware here soon (within a couple days) so maybe that will be next on his plate.

Yes well emulation might be a problem because it would probably involve copyrighted code or protection systems and may violate some laws. But i'm sure he has something up his sleeve to help resolve this. I know he is planning on releasing the Tournament Edition firmware here soon (within a couple days) so maybe that will be next on his plate.

oh for sure,
and the Skullgirls team just finished work on the USB driver for PS3 fightsticks, that might come in handy if you could hardcode the driver into the Titan or something...

jwm2

oh for sure,
and the Skullgirls team just finished work on the USB driver for PS3 fightsticks, that might come in handy if you could hardcode the driver into the Titan or something...

Yeah i just forwarded that to Jefferson. I talked to him and he is looking at it. He actually has another idea also to help keep the connection alive and is going to be testing it today and tomorrow.

For now you can use any controller on the PS4 for up to 10 mins, before it authenticates again. Its not much but its something. Hopefully that will be fixed when we tests out the new solution today :)

jwm2

oh for sure,

I know he said that driver they released requires the game to support a forced ps3 protocol. And that it would be game specific support. So only games with that driver included would work with ps3 controllers. I was a bit disappointed when I heard it wouldn't work also. Oh well, it was worth a try :)

jwm2

Actually Jefferson is working on a solution to this right now. He is hoping to have something early this next week. He is testing it out as we speak and I should hopefully hear from him within a day or two (its the weekend).

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Would be great to have some concrete input lag numbers from the manufacturer. I noticed you asked a prospective buyer to buy one to find out but wouldn't the people who make the hardware be more qualified to do this? ;)

jwm2

Would be great to have some concrete input lag numbers from the manufacturer. I noticed you asked a prospective buyer to buy one to find out but wouldn't the people who make the hardware be more qualified to do this? ;)

Yes actually Jefferson has already done it and posted the numbers. Its 1ms or less on each test he has conducted. But he is the creator and in that particular case it didn't sound like he believed me so I told him to get one and if he doesn't like it, to return it. But yeah the numbers are already posted on the ConsoleTuner.com/forum if you want to see them.

jwm2

I just got some big news from Jefferson. He has just released a new version of Gtuner Pro with:

- Tournament Edition Firmware - This firmware disables all the mods and cheats and only allows for crossover controller support and button remapping.

- PS4 Cross-Over Support - Now you can connect any controller to your PS4 console WITHOUT needing to use a PC! So now you can use all your PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii controllers on your PS4 without getting disconnected every 10 minutes due to authentication.

These two features are huge and are available immediately to all owners of Titan One's for no extra charge. Just download the Gtuner PRO software update and update the firmware (On your Titan One) to gain these new features.

More info at: ConsoleTuner.com

schwupp

... resetting the PS4 authentication timeout and making the PS4 crossover feature possible. The reconnection procedure takes less than one second.

Does this mean inputs are dropped while the disconnect happens?

jwm2

I'm confused, if I use my 360 stick on an Xbox On will I need to connect anything to the PC?

No not at all. The only console you HAD to do that with WAS the PS4. The PS4 requires authentication every 10 minutes from the controller in order to keep the connection active. But Jefferson has fixed this in the latest firmware update, so that's no longer needed. So you no longer need to use a PC for the PS4 CrossOver feature. The Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3 have never required a PC for CrossOver Controller Support and now the PS4 can be added to that list :)

jwm2

Does this mean inputs are dropped while the disconnect happens?

No inputs are not dropped. Jefferson said it pauses the game quickly as it reconnects and then unpauses, so nothing is lost. All of this takes place in under a second.

I'm actually hoping the 2.0 update for the PS4 fixes their timed authentication as news of PS3 fight sticks working on PS4 games in the near future would have the same problem unless sony addresses this issue.

schwupp

No inputs are not dropped. Jefferson said it pauses the game quickly as it reconnects and then unpauses, so nothing is lost. All of this takes place in under a second.

I'm actually hoping the 2.0 update for the PS4 fixes their timed authentication as news of PS3 fight sticks working on PS4 games in the near future would have the same problem unless sony addresses this issue.

uah - that sounds even worse. pausing and or reconnecting will both lead to dropped inputs since the game will not accept yours...

the driver support has nothing to do with chaining devices like cronus/titan do.

Guymelef

I just got some big news from Jefferson. He has just released a new version of Gtuner Pro with:

- Tournament Edition Firmware - This firmware disables all the mods and cheats and only allows for crossover controller support and button remapping.

- PS4 Cross-Over Support - Now you can connect any controller to your PS4 console WITHOUT needing to use a PC! So now you can use all your PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii controllers on your PS4 without getting disconnected every 10 minutes due to authentication.

These two features are huge and are available immediately to all owners of Titan One's for no extra charge. Just download the Gtuner PRO software update and update the firmware (On your Titan One) to gain these new features.

More info at: ConsoleTuner.com

So my X360 and PS3 sticks on PS4 without PC? Time to buy a Titan One!

Edit:

So this is bad for online gaming.

jwm2

With the PS4 partial crossover support you can use any controller on PS4. It forces the Titan One to auto-reconnect on PS4 every 10 minutes, resetting the PS4 authentication timeout and making the PS4 crossover feature possible. The reconnection procedure takes less than one second.

I just copied and pasted the above from the consoletuner.com website. I am still trying to figure out just what this means. It sounds as if this will not interfere with gameplay much, but it may interfere with online gameplay some but only every 10 minutes and for less than 1 second. I will ask Jefferson for more clarification on this and report back here when I have more info.

jwm2

Ok just got a reply from Jefferson, here is what he had to say:

Yes, the reconnection is recognizable. The PS4 pops a message of a controller being disconnected/connected, as well as the game, that may show a message of controller disconnected.

I know it is not a perfect solution. But it is - at least - an option our users have. If playing with another controller is needed, this is very welcome. For example, the case of disabled people who already have special controllers made for xbo360/ps3, with this partial support for crossover, they can now play on PS4.

End Copy/Paste

It seems this is not an ideal solution, but available as an option if needed. I think in most game play this will be ok, but in some situations this will not work. My hope is that the authentication requirements can either be changed by sony or Jefferson will come up with another way of solving this problem. But for the time being, you can either use the old method of connecting a PC to your Titan One or this new method. IMO in single player games this would be ok, not an issue at all. For multiplayer, this would be an issue and would not be recommended. But its your choice to use it or not and it is available right now in the latest update of Gtuner Pro.

jwm2

I'll have a video to post later on showing it in action. Jefferson is making it right now and it'll be posted on the youtube page shortly. He says its very quick and should not be a big deal most of the time, so hopefully this will put your minds at ease :)

isamu

ChronusMax and their cronies are at it again. Call them on their bullshit and what do they do? Delete any posts that raises the difficult questions:

file.php

file.php

Then MaxAdmin proceeds to jump in and types an outgrageously long rant that doesn't even remotely sound believable:

DonMarco said:
LMFAO, you guys are really funny.

MaxAdmin said:
Look Don, I know you are one of Jefferson's cronies and i don't want to get into some lame argument but just know this - you only know one side of him that he is trying to paint of himself - some white knight in shining armor that he is pure and good - he isn't mentioning the people he has wronged and trodden on and lied to and defrauded and I really don't want to get into some immature public spat, but he can post as many "facts" as he likes and he can try to appeal whatever he likes to the USPTO - it doesn't make them actual facts - it just looks good on paper until it gets to court.

The facts are these:

He has ripped off two previous and separate partners for hundreds of thousands of dollars and removed code from a company that he STILL IS legally contracted to (TechArt LLC). He knows this and he is in breach of this contract - he has admitted this in an email to me already as he tried to circumvent the contract. We bent over backwards for him and he still tried to screw us over

I don't think you guys have a clear idea about the situation I have with Alex. Me and him are still partners on TechArt LLC, for which the Cronus technology belongs to. There is already a Patent (number 61/655401) related to Cronus and the Operation Agreement I have with him have a non-compete clause, so I cannot have anything outside the TechArt LLC, if I do I'll be in a very bad spot due operation agreement violation.

So I don't think we can make a new patent for the same device and I cannot participate in anything.

Jefferson

This includes Titan One. This is also why he is in Brazil and not in the USA - he is not allowed to come back to the USA and trade here without having to answer to this - John Moorehead at Extreme Mods is going to be in the hole for a LOT of money once this gets around to him - and it will - he is being used right now as a USA proxy and he will be screwed over by Jefferson just like he screwed over his previous USA partners. I tried to help him out by buying that company and buying his contract FOR him so that he was free of it but no, he wanted to rip me off too. Big mistake. He has tried to paint us as the scammers. Another big mistake.

You also think it's clever to reset titan one and pause gameplay to make it look like PS4 is working? where different games have multiple levels of different timings of authentication and that's supposed to be a "good" thing? What's the point in that? If that is something you want then go ahead. But please don't come here with your fanboy nonsense - it's desperation. Let's also see how the pro's feel about the performance at tournament level, that will be interesting too

It's ok though, we have been working on something much, much bigger and more professional and way ahead of anything that you could imagine right now, it's really exciting, true next level stuff. CronusMAX is just an entry level product and the beginning of our plans - i've been doing this for 20 years and have a development team of over 30 guys - all will become clear soon. We were more than happy to have Jefferson as part of our team, MORE than happy - we have a great team here and everyone enjoys working for this company, but his ego and greed were incompatible - he will never admit to this and always tries to deflect this fact and it's really sad He could have had 100x bigger and more success with us than Titan ever will be - but he wants total control over everybody and everything and he can't accept input from anyone around him, it's a real shame.

Perhaps this is the mentality in South America I really don't know and it's not something I want to get in to to be honest. We are happy just to move on with our own thing. We are proud of our product and it's quality and stand by it. It's now distributed in over 80 countries and is a massive success. Our community here and the support we give to our userbase is testament to what we are all about.

In the meantime enjoy the 40+ gamepacks that we have worked very hard on and there will also be some very nice plugins that we have in development. He works on his stuff - we work on ours. Yes we have had to work around all of the stuff that he stole from TechArt but that is pretty much resolved now and won't be a problem shortly. From day one he cannot legally develop ANY product that is in contradiction of his legally binding agreement. He has known this from the beginning and his arrogance will be his undoing and he will be sued by TechArt LLC and it's partners - it is a very long winded process unfortunately. Blasting his name over everything has been his biggest and most arrogant mistake.

Thread closed.

jwm whatare your thoughts on this BS claim?

jwm2

I'm not surprised. You can check if you want but there is no patent. There was an application for a patent in which Jefferson's name was forged to it and he has since contacted the patent office to straighten it out. The fact of the matter is this device cannot be patented because the technology existed long before the device was created. Not to mention the fact that Jefferson is the one who designed it, so if the patent were to be granted it would go to him, not ControllerMAX (CronusMAX).

The real problem is the software. Jefferson has been in contact with their head hacker in the last few weeks and has gotten a lot of interesting information. Apparently their hacker is not to thrilled with Paul right now. My guess is he was screwed over just like Jefferson was. The problem is Paul who owns Team Xecuter is in serious financial trouble right now and is willing to do whatever it takes to save his failing business. Including stealing copyrighted work that belongs to someone else. He was paying a hacker to reverse engineer Gtuner Pro and rename it so they could release it to their customers. But if you notice they are now claiming their "developer" is on "vacation", lol. I cannot go into detail all the information that was shared but it really is an eye opener and Jefferson has everything he needs to shut them down and put them behind bars. Copyright and Copy Protection Violation is a serious crime in the United States, and Jefferson has all the proof showing both have occurred in this situation. See the problem is not the hardware, they can make as many units as they want, but when they crack his firmware (remove copy protection) and program it to those devices and then circulate pirated software (remove copy protection & copyrighted work) to go with it, that's quite a daring and bold move for someone who is located in the USA.

Now with that being said, its really none of my business, so I'm not really the best person to be making the arguments on this. I'd like to stick to the features and advantages of our device and not worry about them. Law enforcement will take care of them.

Just one last thing, the part about their "GamePacks" is in particular hilarious. Jefferson found they had actually cloned his Call of Duty GamePack and renamed it a bunch of times so it seemed like those games were supported, when in fact they are not. They do not have the ability to make GamePacks, but they can make scripts. We have a new feature coming out her shortly that will allow all users to easily create scripts without having to write a single line of code. They do not have anything even remotely close to this and this will be a game changer.

Just so everyone knows the features Jefferson has created over the past few weeks are free and he is working on a lot of new and exciting features right now. He just released a Call of Duty Advanced Warfare GamePack last night for the game coming out on Nov 3, so all of our users will have an advantage on day 1 :)

So in the end the Titan One customers win and all this drama is pointless to 99% of the public. I just want everyone to know that Jefferson is a good guy and by supporting him you are supporting his family, and his development. Every penny of the profits from the "Other" device goes to Paul's pocket to fund his piracy empire. Who you support is up to you.

jwm2

Sorry for the double post, but a few things jumped at me when I reread that post. As you can see whenever you bring up the subject he gets very defensive. Which is just not the case at ConsoleTuner when talking to Jefferson directly. Jefferson has been very forth coming about this information and in fact it was a 3rd party Admin at psx-forum that noticed this in the first place. That Admin actually compared the software and firmware of both and found that the CronusMAX version was missing bits and pieces of authentication. He concluded that it was the CronusMAX that is ripping off the Titan One, not the other way around.

As for the partial PS4 cross-over feature, his explanation is laughable. This feature is in addition to what is already available and doesn't cost a thing. So if you want to use it, then its there, if not thats fine to. Of course there are limitations to it, but for most people this won't be an issue. Every 10 minutes pausing the game for less than 1 second is not going to ruin the experience. Even so its just one more thing the Titan One has and the CronusMAX does not. And if he is able to crack that feature you can bet the farm that he will brag about it. So the only reason he is talking bad about it is because HE does not have it. Same goes for the Tournament Edition firmware.

The fact that he claims to have put hundreds of thousands of dollars into this is also laughable. He has put next to nothing in this other than to redesign the case and crack the software. Jefferson is who built and created their website and even then Paul didn't care to promote the product. It wasn't until Jefferson made Xbox One support and went to the media himself and sales took off that Paul decided "Wow, this thing is pretty cool". Jefferson is the one who spent 4 years creating and perfecting this device to the point it is today, not Paul, not Alex, nobody else for that matter.

Ok as stated in my previous reply I don't want to feed this drama anymore, i'd rather just focus on the future and forget about the past and let them fight it out however they wish. I don't have a horse in this race other than Jefferson is my friend, so i'll leave it at that. I really don't need the additional stress, I have a day job and just do this as a hobby :)

jwm2

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Visual Programmer Interface is suppose to come out this next week. Its of course free to use and makes creating your own mods and scripts very easy without writing a single line of code. You just drag and drop blocks onto a blank canvas and set the parameters within those blocks to make anything from rapid fire, drop shot, ez sprint, auto reload, etc for any game you wish. You can make them as simple or complex as you want and no coding is required! So if you want to just do something as simple as auto reload on Gears Of War, you can do this easily with the Visual Programmer Interface :)

I would anticipate a monday release on consoletuner.com, by the end of the week at the very latest. They will also post on their Facebook page when its released, so if you are a fan of theirs you'll know automatically.

And of course the Tournament Edition firmware and Partial PS4 Cross Over Support are already available within Gtuner Pro.

jwm2

The Visual Programming Interface (GPCBlocks) is live! Download the latest Gtuner Pro at consoletuner.com and start making your own custom mods immediately! Looking forward to see what people share with the community.

Remember you can share GPC scripts with the world with a click of a button :)

Just got my Titan One in today.

Installed the latest version of GTuner Pro, installed the Tournament Edition software, and that's it.

If I wanna use my Razer Atrox on my Xbox One, I just have to plug in the T1, plug an Xbone controller into the T1 to authenticate it, then unplug that and put the arcade stick in. Then it pretty much just works. Didn't have to configure anything outta the box.

I've left it plugged in and on for a few hours, to test if it will "burn out" the usb port. It's gotten a little warm, but that's it. Not warm enough to burn by any means. I'm also plugging it into a powered USB hub just in case (and for easier access for other people's arcade sticks).

I'll be taking my stick and the converter to a friend's house on Saturday, and it should be apparent if there are any dropped inputs or lag for either of us as a result of the T1.

Top Bottom