• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Platform Controller Support (Titan One)

JPS Kai

Just got my Titan One in today.

Installed the latest version of GTuner Pro, installed the Tournament Edition software, and that's it.

If I wanna use my Razer Atrox on my Xbox One, I just have to plug in the T1, plug an Xbone controller into the T1 to authenticate it, then unplug that and put the arcade stick in. Then it pretty much just works. Didn't have to configure anything outta the box.

I've left it plugged in and on for a few hours, to test if it will "burn out" the usb port. It's gotten a little warm, but that's it. Not warm enough to burn by any means. I'm also plugging it into a powered USB hub just in case (and for easier access for other people's arcade sticks).

I'll be taking my stick and the converter to a friend's house on Saturday, and it should be apparent if there are any dropped inputs or lag for either of us as a result of the T1.

I did the same thing with an old Chun Li TE. Worked great on PS4 (only thing I could test it on was Injustice, and I'm terrible at that.),doing a system firmware update for the xbone before I can test it there. I'd love to see if there's something I can fiddle around with to make it work on the PS TV since there's a USB port on the back.

Edit: Stick works great on KI, no problems with Chief Thunder so far.

Has anyone tried using two Titan Ones on the same system yet?

I tried it on my PS4 earlier, and it worked swimmingly. The only problem is, there's an issue with the controller authentication, and there are two workarounds: either leave a dual shock 4 plugged in and use a PC as a passthrough, or enable a hack option that lets the dongle simulate unplugging and reinserting the controller. It basically stops all controller input for about a half-second. It would be fine in tournaments; I just have to reinsert the dongle after every match.

jwm2

Glad to hear the Tournament Edition firmware is working great for you guys! I know Jefferson is working on a better PS4 Cross-Over workaround, so hopefully he has something soon. He has just released some new GamePacks for Halo and CODAW with Jitter. He is always open to suggestions on making certain features better or new features altogether. Just post on his forum and he'll be glad to help you out :)

jwm2

I did the same thing with an old Chun Li TE. Worked great on PS4 (only thing I could test it on was Injustice, and I'm terrible at that.),doing a system firmware update for the xbone before I can test it there. I'd love to see if there's something I can fiddle around with to make it work on the PS TV since there's a USB port on the back.

Edit: Stick works great on KI, no problems with Chief Thunder so far.

Has anyone tried using two Titan Ones on the same system yet?

Just so you know you need one for each controller and the Xbox One has 3 usb ports, so you can use up to 3 of them at the same time. I've used 2 on the same system, but i've not tried 3. I can only assume it works as flawless as the 2 I've used at the same time.

jwm2

Also there is no way for it to burn out the USB port. The CronusMAX problem was limited to their manufacturing facilities which were not very good. The ones that did have the problem were due to bridges on the USB controller chip done during the manufacturing process. The Titan One is NOT made at that facility, its made in a much higher quality one. Also the Titan One PCB was redesigned to use less voltage than the previous generation devices (GPP, Cronus, CronusMax). So it draws much less power through the port. The unit will heat up a little during extended use, but this is normal and should not be feared as a defect. The cooling of the chips is done through the case instead of a heat shield that would keep the case cool but heat up the PCB and possibly cause interference and heat issues.

So to recap there is no worries of USB port problems with the Titan One. Over 10,000 have been sold since its launch in July of this year and not a single USB port has been reported to be ruined by using it.

Also there is no way for it to burn out the USB port. The CronusMAX problem was limited to their manufacturing facilities which were not very good. The ones that did have the problem were due to bridges on the USB controller chip done during the manufacturing process. The Titan One is NOT made at that facility, its made in a much higher quality one. Also the Titan One PCB was redesigned to use less voltage than the previous generation devices (GPP, Cronus, CronusMax). So it draws much less power through the port. The unit will heat up a little during extended use, but this is normal and should not be feared as a defect. The cooling of the chips is done through the case instead of a heat shield that would keep the case cool but heat up the PCB and possibly cause interference and heat issues.

So to recap there is no worries of USB port problems with the Titan One. Over 10,000 have been sold since its launch in July of this year and not a single USB port has been reported to be ruined by using it.

Good to hear.

mauldie

Has there been any word on dropped inputs? If not I'm sold on this. I have a Sega Saturn USB controller and I'd love to use it on my ps4 for GGXRD

Has there been any word on dropped inputs? If not I'm sold on this. I have a Sega Saturn USB controller and I'd love to use it on my ps4 for GGXRD

No dropped inputs, but jwm2, any news on when the dev will fix the PS4 problem? If you have a second controller plugged in, that replug dance actually kicks the console to the switch user screen, which is pretty much unacceptable.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is the Titan gonna support FFB for wheels like the Chronus2 will?
Has anybody tried using a Logitech G27/G25 on PS4 with DriveClub or with Forza Horizon on Xbox?

I'd need a tech review with proper data (and not "feelings") on lag tho, or at least some prominent FGC member talking about it (not a spokesperson).

Also dude, thanks for the answers but you've been told already: please stop double and triple (!) posting. there's an edit button and even a handy multi quote (the + button) function.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered one. Hope it doesn't get stuck in customs. I'll give some impressions when it arrives.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is the Titan gonna support FFB for wheels like the Chronus2 will?
Has anybody tried using a Logitech G27/G25 on PS4 with DriveClub or with Forza Horizon on Xbox?

I'd need a tech review with proper data (and not "feelings") on lag tho, or at least some prominent FGC member talking about it (not a spokesperson).

Also dude, thanks for the answers but you've been told already: please stop double and triple (!) posting. there's an edit button and even a handy multi quote (the + button) function.

Don't bet on the ChronusMax supporting TRUE and PROPER force feedback any time soon, they are blowing smoke up your ass and have simply ripped off Jefferson's(TitanOne) design.

Jefferson from TitanOne however, *IS* working on a solution that will support it. He and I have discussed some ideas and you can check out our conversation in the following thread.

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10

Suffice it to say, it will be a glorious breakthrough.

Hope the steering wheel support comes through for the Fanatec GT2 before too much longer. Forza 2 and FH2 feel like half the game they should be with the thumbsticks. I just don't like the idea of having to roll the dice with a TX Ferrari 458 Racing Wheel, based on their spotty track record so far. OTOH, when they're working, they seem to work great according to owners. The failure rate seems to be on the order of 40%... that's just too high IMO.

jwm2

Get your Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Wii controllers ready! The guys at ConsoleTuner.com have just released Playstation TV support for the Titan One. This means for the first time you can now use virtually any controller on the Playstation TV console. Not to mention all the other cool features such as: GamePacks, Macros, Visual Scripting, Keyboard and Mouse support, Button Remapping, etc.

This new firmware update is available now for free to all Titan One customers in Gtuner Pro (Free Software from ConsoleTuner.com)

End Copy/Paste

I just wanted to let everyone know that Jefferson just released Playstation TV support for the Titan One yesterday. Of course this is a free firmware upgrade for all existing and future customers.

jwm2

No dropped inputs, but jwm2, any news on when the dev will fix the PS4 problem? If you have a second controller plugged in, that replug dance actually kicks the console to the switch user screen, which is pretty much unacceptable.

You might want to make a post about it on the official forum so Jefferson knows that this is an issue. If he doesn't know, he can't fix it :)

TaKeRx

So I know I posted initially but had no idea on the backstory. I almost bought the Chronus, but something told me to go with the TitanOne.

I got it in the mail yesterday and tried it out. It works beautifully with killer instinct although my other arcade stick (which is dual modded) gives me an E which means not supported 😔.

All in all though I like the product so far and I'm glad I'm supporting the creator of the product.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sounds cool, I'll just use the default controllers but I know some people who wouldn't give the ds4 the time of day. That said, so many games take advantage of the touchpad I feel like there would be too many issues...

bcterps

Neo Member
Appreciate the info on the history of Titan One and CronusMax, led me to the Titan One forums to read more. I bought a CronusMax back in March before the Titan One came out, wish I had known about the behind the scenes issues back then.

Don't really want to support ControllerMax, but that's the device I have and I wouldn't feel good unloading it on someone else

DPhentom

Correct, sort of. You'll plug in your MadCatz TE into your PC USB port. You'll plug the Titan One into your PS4 and the PS4 controller can be plugged in (or use bluetooth adapter) to the Titan One. A cable from the PROG port will run to your PC and on your PC you will be running Gtuner Pro and the MaxAim DI plugin. It sounds way more complicated than it is, and literally it takes minutes to setup and configure. How you connect your (360 or other) controller to your PC is up to you, if it can run wirelessly then by all means go ahead.

Great. I was wondering why my te2 would get stuck on ps4. Will this fix the trigger buttons as well? When I try to assign buttons to RT/LT it wont recognize them as L2/R2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Get your Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Wii controllers ready! The guys at ConsoleTuner.com have just released Playstation TV support for the Titan One. This means for the first time you can now use virtually any controller on the Playstation TV console. Not to mention all the other cool features such as: GamePacks, Macros, Visual Scripting, Keyboard and Mouse support, Button Remapping, etc.

This new firmware update is available now for free to all Titan One customers in Gtuner Pro (Free Software from ConsoleTuner.com)

End Copy/Paste

I just wanted to let everyone know that Jefferson just released Playstation TV support for the Titan One yesterday. Of course this is a free firmware upgrade for all existing and future customers.

Nice!

I just want to be able to do these things:

-Use my PS4/PS3/360 controllers on my Xbox One so I don't need to buy more XB1 controllers for Halo split screen.

-Use my XB1/360/PS3 controllers on my PS4 so I don't need to buy more DS4s.

-Use any controllers on my Wii U instead of having to buy a pro controller.

Are any of these possible? I would love to not have to spend hundreds on controllers

schwupp

jwm2

Just some quick news about the upcoming firmware update.

The new Titan One firmware update will include bug fixes and one really cool and highly requested feature. It has to do with the partial PS4 cross-over support.

PS4 Console Feature Only: Up until now the controller connection needed to be reset every 10 minutes, which takes less than a second to do, but was done automatically. Now there is a way to initiate that process manually. By using a combination of buttons you will now be able to reset the connection and get another 10 mins of uninterrupted game play before it needs to be reset again. This means if you are playing a fighting game for example you can do this in between matches to ensure there is no interruption during the match! While its not a perfect solution it is a step closer to such.

Summary: Your (Non PS4) controller connected to the PS4 console can now be manually initiated using a button press combo to reset the 10 minute re-authentication time limit. No more in-game interruptions!

vg260

The guy who created the Titan One is the same guy who created the GamePadProxy, Cronus and CronusMAX. He had a falling out with the Cronus and CronusMAX groups, due to them not paying him, so he abandoned support on those 2 devices and created the Titan One. He basically allowed them to rebrand his device and sell it as their own, but that didn't work out very well, as he never got the money that he as promised. So he took some time, revamped the internal design, and added a lot of new features to it before releasing it again as the Titan One.

Hi jwm2, you seem to be involved with the Titan One somehow, so perhaps you could help with some confusion/concerns.

I just bought a Cronus Max recently with no idea of the history between the makers of it and anything really on the Titan One. All this backstory is news to me and quite frankly I feel like I'm caught with a product I'm not going to feel good about. However, if I hadn't bought a CM already, I wouldn't know which to choose. I want to be sure I'm backing the right horse here moving forward.

There's a lot of he-said/she-said, and some I'm not 100% sure who to believe, such as some language on both sites that come off rather poorly to customers that make me question how professional both sides are handling this, so I have a couple questions.

Regarding, the Titan One, although superficial, it's confusing that both it and the CronusMax website have the same template. Why exactly is that? Why don't you revamp it, because it's not at all clear to customers. It simply looks like a regional variant of the same product, and efforts to address the situation read like standard marketing posturing. I did find the legal page, but I doubt many will. It seems like the more distance between the products at first glance, even such as the website, the better.

Also, it seems clear that the Gtuner software being used by Cronus had been cracked/hacked by them and is being used as the official software for the product. I do not feel good about that at all. However, in a hypothetical situation where a previous employee left, taking the expertise and possibly not fulfilling contractual obligations, I could kinda see that being done in panic. What I'm curious about are the allegations of an employee leaving and taking code that was possibly legally signed over to a new employer/partner after a (perhaps ill-advised) non-compete agreement, and being used to develop a competing product. It that case, regardless of personal issues, there could actually be a legit claim by the company the employee left from. I think that's where I questioned whose story to believe. Such non-competes are common, and I could see someone get themselves in a bad situation and leave and potentially break that legal agreement with the intent of salvaging their work rather than seeing it in hands of those they had a falling out with. I guess I haven't read enough yet to know if that's what happened, and frankly I'd rather play games.

Any light shed on that would be appreciated. In general, this is still very clouded from a customer perspective, and it takes a lot of customer work to dig through all the legal stuff to have an unbiased take on all this. Frankly, it's not worth a potential customer's time, when it's easier to just get the one that's cheaper or on sale if it has the basic features. Hopefully whatever legal process being pursued clears this up, because I love the idea of the product in general, and want to recommend something to others.

Anyway, thanks for anything you can help with for some peace of mind here.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Don't bet on the ChronusMax supporting TRUE and PROPER force feedback any time soon, they are blowing smoke up your ass and have simply ripped off Jefferson's(TitanOne) design.

Jefferson from TitanOne however, *IS* working on a solution that will support it. He and I have discussed some ideas and you can check out our conversation in the following thread.

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10

Suffice it to say, it will be a glorious breakthrough.

Isamu, you know you're my buddy but I'll believe it when I see it. If it happens it'll indeed be a glorious day 'cause right now I'm not gonna buy any racer on X1/PS4 and that sucks... hopefully with Immersion's patents expiring in two years at least GT7 will support "last-gen" wheels.
And just to be clear, I might have worded my thoughts poorly 'cause I'm not giving the Chronus guys a penny and have zero confidence in them. That Jefferson dude seems the brain behind it all so of course if anything does happen I'm gonna support him with a Titan purchase. Not looking likely at the moment, but hope dies last you know? :)

thanks for the reply and link!

jwm2

Hi jwm2, you seem to be involved with the Titan One somehow, so perhaps you could help with some confusion/concerns.

I just bought a Cronus Max recently with no idea of the history between the makers of it and anything really on the Titan One. All this backstory is news to me and quite frankly I feel like I'm caught with a product I'm not going to feel good about. However, if I hadn't bought a CM already, I wouldn't know which to choose. I want to be sure I'm backing the right horse here moving forward.

There's a lot of he-said/she-said, and some I'm not 100% sure who to believe, such as some language on both sites that come off rather poorly to customers that make me question how professional both sides are handling this, so I have a couple questions.

Regarding, the Titan One, although superficial, it's confusing that both it and the CronusMax website have the same template. Why exactly is that? Why don't you revamp it, because it's not at all clear to customers. It simply looks like a regional variant of the same product, and efforts to address the situation read like standard marketing posturing. I did find the legal page, but I doubt many will. It seems like the more distance between the products at first glance, even such as the website, the better.

Also, it seems clear that the Gtuner software being used by Cronus had been cracked/hacked by them and is being used as the official software for the product. I do not feel good about that at all. However, in a hypothetical situation where a previous employee left, taking the expertise and possibly not fulfilling contractual obligations, I could kinda see that being done in panic. What I'm curious about are the allegations of an employee leaving and taking code that was possibly legally signed over to a new employer/partner after a (perhaps ill-advised) non-compete agreement, and being used to develop a competing product. It that case, regardless of personal issues, there could actually be a legit claim by the company the employee left from. I think that's where I questioned whose story to believe. Such non-competes are common, and I could see someone get themselves in a bad situation and leave and potentially break that legal agreement with the intent of salvaging their work rather than seeing it in hands of those they had a falling out with. I guess I haven't read enough yet to know if that's what happened, and frankly I'd rather play games.

Any light shed on that would be appreciated. In general, this is still very clouded from a customer perspective, and it takes a lot of customer work to dig through all the legal stuff to have an unbiased take on all this. Frankly, it's not worth a potential customer's time, when it's easier to just get the one that's cheaper or on sale if it has the basic features. Hopefully whatever legal process being pursued clears this up, because I love the idea of the product in general, and want to recommend something to others.

As regards to the template, Jefferson is the one who designed both sites. He bought a template and created everything on both sites. When he left the CronusMAX team, since they registered the domain he had no choice but to let them have the website as it stood. Granted in retrospect he shouldn't have allowed them to buy the domain name, but they did that behind his back and he went along with it because he had no other choice. He decided to revamp the template with new graphics and logo when he launched the new site and since the day he launched it any changes he has made have been copied by CM. Usually in less than 1 day they will copy an entire article or section of his site. So every time he makes a change within a day or so they will copy it entirely and change what they need to in order to make it look like they have news. When in fact they have not had an update in over 6 months to their device, while the Titan One has received weekly firmware updates, most recently to support PSTV (Playstation TV), and Manual PS4 Cross-Over Reauthentication Time Out Reset. He has also released a slew of new GamePacks. Which brings me to another interesting tidbit. The CM people also claim to have these GamePacks (which they post on their site within 1 day of appearing on ConsoleTuner) but they are not actually supported. They keep using the same old gamepack and rename it so people think a game is supported when in fact it is not. Jefferson spends hours building these new GamePacks with mods specifically for that game, so you won't have mods that don't work or belong. The CM people keep using an old Call of Duty gamepack Jefferson created over a year ago to dupe their customers into thinking they are getting support for the latest games when in fact they are not.

Sorry I don't have time to answer everyone's questions, but i'll come back from time to time whenever possible to clear up any confusion. You can also reach Jefferson directly at support at consoletuner dot com if you have any technical questions or need help with the Titan One. He is happy to help as much as he can :)

jwm2

Just to clear up one more thing. Jefferson never signed over his rights to anyone. He signed over rights to sell his product to a company a couple years ago but that agreement was broken by the other party. The software is copyrighted to Jefferson Koppe, and he intends to fully see this through all legal means. He owns the firmware and software as well as the PCB design which are all covered under US Copyright Laws. He allowed Paul (CronusMAX) to sell his device renamed to CronusMAX for 2 months. After that 2 months Jefferson decided Paul was not being honest with him and had yet to pay his fees as they agreed. So Jefferson left and created his own company. Due to the fact Jefferson owns the rights to everything except the CronusMAX domain name (which is not trademarked), he decided to revamp it and rename it the Titan One. In redesigning the Titan One he also made it so past firmwares were no longer compatible, as there is a completely different pinout on the chips compared to before, so the attempts to steal his current work have be thwarted. They did manage to hire a hacking group to reverse engineer his old Gtuner software and gut its authentication so they could distribute it for their own device, but since he has changed the security several times since then they have not been able to steal his software since. Although they are trying like hell to do so.

What this boils down to is Jefferson created an amazing device and got duped by 2 american companies into letting them sell his invention under different names. When things didn't pan out the way they promised it would he decided to cut them off and go at it by himself. So you now have the 2 prior companies getting jealous at all the publicity Jefferson's new company has gotten and so they are trying to dupe people into believing their lie all the while they continue to dilute the market with an illegal clone of Jefferson's invention. And by clone i mean its his original design but the firmware is not registered with Jefferson and so he has not made a penny off every unit they sell. So by supporting them customers are supporting an illegal and immoral enterprise that is taking money away from the guy who is creating all these cool features. The customers that support Jefferson's new company are the only ones he is currently working for, everyone else is using his invention without his permission.

Im buying 3 of them the day it supports Force Feedback on PS4 with Logitech wheels.

It will be a huge milestone, cant wait for the response around the net.

Looking at his response, it seems like its a long way off:

due the complexity the true FFB is something that we are aiming for the future. Our first goal is "simulate" the FFB using the regular rumble data from the console.

Oh well, I hope he realizes how many units that feature would sell.

eastx

I would like to see it natively support the various racing wheels as well... Especially the wheels for Xbox One and Playstation 4.

I ordered a Titan One from Amazon yesterday. It's supposed to arrive Wednesday, so I'll report back here with the good/bad & hopefully no ugly. ;) I'm excited to put it through it's paces...including: 1) mouse/kb combo on 360/Xbone, PS3/PS4; 2) 360 controllers on Xbone and PS4; 3) (360) Thrustmaster GT Ferrari 458 Cockpit on Xbone/PS4; 4) Qanba Q4 on Xbone/PS4.

Fingers crossed all of the above is relatively drama free....

Side Note: FYI, the seller on Amazon is actually Extreme Mods "Fulfilled by Amazon", which explains why the price is $67.95 shipped with Prime (it's the same as the price on Extreme-Mods.com w/ shipping). The Titan One is available on eBay right now for $60 shipped, so that will save a few bucks. I like the security of no-hassle/free returns via Prime if there's any problems though, so it's worth the ~$8 extra. I wish they'd sell these for the $60 advertised price direct through Amazon, but with 12% Amazon fee + shipping costs it's understandable.

plainr_

So I received my Titan One from Amazon today but I noticed my packaging is different from the one seen in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4izrhp_K0

Mine looks like this:
Q2ZkCmd.jpg

Hopefully mine isn't a clone/fake. The seller Extreme-Mods dot com does seem to be the official retailer. Can someone verify please?

jwm2

Looks like they changed packaging. Extreme Mods is definitely the official seller.

Yeah actually they just changed packaging to blister packs so its easier to ship them. The boxes they had made before turned out horrible. The boxes had little to no protection for the devices so they only sent them out for review samples. But now all new Titan One's come in blister packs just like the one you posted. So rest assured, you have a legit Titan One :)

jwm2

I ordered a Titan One from Amazon yesterday. It's supposed to arrive Wednesday, so I'll report back here with the good/bad & hopefully no ugly. ;) I'm excited to put it through it's paces...including: 1) mouse/kb combo on 360/Xbone, PS3/PS4; 2) 360 controllers on Xbone and PS4; 3) (360) Thrustmaster GT Ferrari 458 Cockpit on Xbone/PS4; 4) Qanba Q4 on Xbone/PS4.

Fingers crossed all of the above is relatively drama free....

Side Note: FYI, the seller on Amazon is actually Extreme Mods "Fulfilled by Amazon", which explains why the price is $67.95 shipped with Prime (it's the same as the price on Extreme-Mods.com w/ shipping). The Titan One is available on eBay right now for $60 shipped, so that will save a few bucks. I like the security of no-hassle/free returns via Prime if there's any problems though, so it's worth the ~$8 extra. I wish they'd sell these for the $60 advertised price direct through Amazon, but with 12% Amazon fee + shipping costs it's understandable.

Actually the Amazon Prime fees are even more than that. They have to pay for stickers, shipping to Amazon and an Amazon storage fee. On top of that there is a pick and pack fee and all sorts of other little fees they tack on for the sake of being amazon and "they can". I know for a fact they make by far the least amount from amazon vs their website and eBay. The main reason for selling with Amazon is Amazon Prime. Customers get overnight shipping for $3.99 and that in itself is a major game changer. I know from parcels i've shipped in the past that overnight shipping usually costs $20-30, depending on the distance. The fact Amazon can ship at 1/10 of what ANYBODY else can pay for the same service is what gives them their built in advantage. But i'm sure that's not news to anyone :)

I'm a PC gamer through and through but I recent picked up a PS3 for the console exclusives I've been missing. Got Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, and Vanquish so far.

After some very sloppy sessions with the DS3, I knew I had to get a 360 controller to somehow work with my PS3 or I wouldn't enjoy playing these games. First, I came across this DIY article on transferring DS3 guts to a 360 shell with triggers and it seemed perfect since I've got 3 wired 360 controllers for my PC and one of them has frayed wires after 6 years of use. After pricing out all the extra stuff I would need to buy, however, it came out to ~$100.

Then I remembered seeing this thread a couple months ago. This thing seems perfect, especially for the KB&M support for RDR and Vanquish (I'm garbage at shooters with any set of sticks, DS3 or 360). Anyway, to cut my rambling off, I just ordered a Titan One from Amazon with overnight shipping and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks jwm2 for advocating for the Titan One and making sure people knew which one was the real deal.

Edit: It came in the mail today. This thing is amazing. Using MaxAim DI to play Vanquish with KB&M feels so good, all I had to do was get the deadzone set up (20/20/Rectangle) and it plays very well with the rest of the mouse settings at default and in-game sensitivities all at 99. Red Dead Redemption is a little iffy, it seems to have differing acceleration for X and Y that's making it hard to find the right settings to make the mouse feel natural. Also, with a 360 controller, Demon's Souls feels just like Dark Souls, which is exactly what I wanted when I started looking around for alternative control options. All-in-all, very satisfied with the Titan One.

Shaneus

So, from the sounds of it with PS4, the only way to emulate true FFB is to get the FFB signals from the PS4, which I assume is only granted when the console "sees" a supported wheel (like when using controllers it "sees" a DS4). If that's the case, then that really sucks... means the only way to truly get it would be to emulate the security/authentication which would surely infringe on copyright.

Shit.

Edit: Maybe if someone had both a G27 and a Thrustmaster FFB wheel (or at least, just the Thrustmaster) they could do some kind of debug thing and see what kind of signals are generated by the PS4? If it's only looking for an identifier then it should be as emulatable as anything else and maybe said identifier thing isn't a patented thing.

jwm2

So, from the sounds of it with PS4, the only way to emulate true FFB is to get the FFB signals from the PS4, which I assume is only granted when the console "sees" a supported wheel (like when using controllers it "sees" a DS4). If that's the case, then that really sucks... means the only way to truly get it would be to emulate the security/authentication which would surely infringe on copyright.

Shit.

Edit: Maybe if someone had both a G27 and a Thrustmaster FFB wheel (or at least, just the Thrustmaster) they could do some kind of debug thing and see what kind of signals are generated by the PS4? If it's only looking for an identifier then it should be as emulatable as anything else and maybe said identifier thing isn't a patented thing.

Yes Jefferson is looking into this. We have discussed the possibility of emulating the controller authentication identifier, and I believe he has made some progress regarding this, but you'll have to ask him directly. He can be reached on the forums at consoletuner.com if you'd like to ask him directly. His username is J2K.

He likes to bounce ideas off me from time to time, and next time I talk to him i'll ask. I'll keep this thread updated if I hear anything :)

jwm2

I'm a PC gamer through and through but I recent picked up a PS3 for the console exclusives I've been missing. Got Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, and Vanquish so far.

After some very sloppy sessions with the DS3, I knew I had to get a 360 controller to somehow work with my PS3 or I wouldn't enjoy playing these games. First, I came across this DIY article on transferring DS3 guts to a 360 shell with triggers and it seemed perfect since I've got 3 wired 360 controllers for my PC and one of them has frayed wires after 6 years of use. After pricing out all the extra stuff I would need to buy, however, it came out to ~$100.

Then I remembered seeing this thread a couple months ago. This thing seems perfect, especially for the KB&M support for RDR and Vanquish (I'm garbage at shooters with any set of sticks, DS3 or 360). Anyway, to cut my rambling off, I just ordered a Titan One from Amazon with overnight shipping and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks jwm2 for advocating for the Titan One and making sure people knew which one was the real deal.

Edit: It came in the mail today. This thing is amazing. Using MaxAim DI to play Vanquish with KB&M feels so good, all I had to do was get the deadzone set up (20/20/Rectangle) and it plays very well with the rest of the mouse settings at default and in-game sensitivities all at 99. Red Dead Redemption is a little iffy, it seems to have differing acceleration for X and Y that's making it hard to find the right settings to make the mouse feel natural. Also, with a 360 controller, Demon's Souls feels just like Dark Souls, which is exactly what I wanted when I started looking around for alternative control options. All-in-all, very satisfied with the Titan One.

If you'd like, contact Jefferson on the forum and see if there is anything he can do about RDR. There might be a few other users there experiencing the same thing. I'm sure he would have a suggestion on how to make it better. But its great to see you enjoying your T1!

isamu

I find it kind of cute that the guys over at CM have released a new version of their device called the "CronusMAX PLUS" & "Cronus PRO", but have cleverly avoided mentioning what happened to their plans to implement native FF Steering wheel support in the newest release.

This was something they were claiming to have done once the new CronusMAX PLUS is out, but it's out now and yet it's still missing the feature. Questions regarding the status of true FFB wheel support have gone unanswered on their forums and they appear to be trying to sweep it under under the rug.

Seems to me like they're having more difficulty accomplishing this than they thought(to no one's surprise), and the lack of engineering skills and talent to get it completed is quite evident. Guess they're waiting for Jefferson to do it first so they can simply copy his design again and then release "CronusMAX PLUS Super Turbo Hyper Edition Now with True FFB Support!!" :p

jwm2

I find it kind of cute that the guys over at CM have released a new version of their device called the "CronusMAX PLUS" & "Cronus PRO", but have cleverly avoided mentioning what happened to their plans to implement native FF Steering wheel support in the newest release.

This was something they were claiming to have done once the new CronusMAX PLUS is out, but it's out now and yet it's still missing the feature. Questions regarding the status of true FFB wheel support have gone unanswered on their forums and they appear to be trying to sweep it under under the rug.

Seems to me like they're having more difficulty accomplishing this than they thought(to no one's surprise), and the lack of engineering skills and talent to get it completed is quite evident. Guess they're waiting for Jefferson to do it first so they can simply copy his design again and then release "CronusMAX PLUS Super Turbo Hyper Edition Now with True FFB Support!!" :p

Exactly. Actually Jefferson is on a little hiatus right now as he is having his first kid. But he should be back soon. I know he was pretty angry at the fact they managed to crack + patch his firmware and Gtuner Pro software. Funny how their customers/users think they are gods for releasing such a huge update. They don't realize it was stolen/pirated from the Titan One and took Jefferson several months to create those features and several bug fixes before they were perfected. But there is a nasty little surprise in there that they didn't find which will always make the Titan One superior. It's something that they won't be able to find but will affect their overall customer satisfaction over time. So in the end, Jefferson and all Titan One users will have the last laugh ;-)

Top Bottom