• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crossover Game Between Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco Announced! (3DS, No Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Lets see.

Japan is 13 hours ahead of EST so when its 8pm here its 9am the next day there. Meaning that as I post this at 8:37 pm EST 03/26 here that its 9:37am 03/27 over there.

The teaser says 032760. Assuming it means 03/27 6o'clock that means 5 am EST is when it'll be announced since it'd have to be 6pm in Japan. Thats assuming that "60" refers to 6 o'clock. If it doesn't I have no idea what it hints at.

Get hype?

Thores

60 means that at some time tomorrow they're going to reveal the game for exactly 60 seconds, then shut down the website

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
left to right

Capcom
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX (Cyberbots)
Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)

Namco
Neneko (Yumeria)
Soma Schicksal (Gods Eater Burst)
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars)
Blackrose (.hack)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Sega
Leanne (Resonance of Fate)

Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars V)
Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles 3)
Toma (Shining Force EXA)
Ichiro Ohgami (Sakura Wars)
Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
Bruno Delinger (Dynamite Cop)

LEANNE will be in this? Oh my god I need this game, whatever the hell it is!!!

"Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX" is also one of the best character names I have ever heard.

dacuk

Hmmm. First time I saw that, it was just the X. Now it has text. Perhaps it's for Tekken X Street Fighter?

Nah, just add "X Sega" to the title below:

22153.jpg

shaowebb

Geez still no news. What on earth does 032760 mean then? So eager to hear what this game is about. If I can combine powers from two different cast from the 3 companies its gonna be some Kamen Rider W style action.

Zero/Jin Kazama=Hell yes

duckroll

Geez still no news. What on earth does 032760 mean then? So eager to hear what this game is about. If I can combine powers from different cast from the 3 companies its gonna be some Kamen Rider W style action.

Zero/Jin Kazama=Hell yes

Lolz bitter tears. No one promised or indicated anything for March 27. It'll just continue updating every Wednesday until all the lights are lit up. :p

shaowebb

Lolz bitter tears. No one promised or indicated anything for March 27. It'll just continue updating every Wednesday until all the lights are lit up. :p

Hmm...that is something I was wondering about. The lights at the top of the chamber before it open aren't all lit up yet and they have been increasing. I still have no idea what the code means, but I get really into these kind of mysteries. Its like tryting to figure out number stations or other mysterious things...it just pulls in your imagination.

Hype is working Japan. At least on me. Well played.

EDIT: Hmm...032760...03 might mean the 3 companies and 60 could refer to cast size. That'd be around 20 cast per company and unless this is a fighting game (doubt it) this sounds plausible. If thats what it means though what could the 27 be referring to? Levels? Who knows...just an odd thought, but its all I can come up with right now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
new note:
13329253212850wud4.png

Capcom:
1332925390269uqud2.png

Bamco:
1332925448871mju3e.png

Sega:
13329255069035ju9i.png

Capcom looks like X. Sega looks suspiciously like Bayonetta.

Danj

Hmmm. First time I saw that, it was just the X. Now it has text. Perhaps it's for Tekken X Street Fighter?

The text looks like it says (Playstation symbols) Action Adventure, if that helps at all.

EDIT: which thinking about it means it's unrelated, since the thing this thread is for is for 3DS.

Boss Doggie

If it's Megaman, why is there a flesh colored part on both arms, and where is the red dot from?

Those aren't arms (arms aren't part of the chromosome it seems). The red is the crystal on his helmet while the flesh is the face.

ShinNL

Considering X, I think the game will be sprite based because the jewel on his forehead is on 1 side, so it's probably a side-view.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if this is actually that old Megaman Universe game where you can play as a ton of other characters in a Megaman world. That game looked atrocious, please don't let this be true.

Edit: Actually, I would love it if this was a real life AR trading card game. 2x 3DS + 1 card deck area = 1 awesome game.

That Namco character is definitely Yuri.

Seems like a match !

Updated list:

Capcom
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
X (Megaman X)

Namco
Neneko (Yumeria)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Blackrose (.hack)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)

Sega
Toma (Shining Force EXA)
Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
????

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Seems like a match !

Updated list:

Capcom
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
X (Megaman X)

Namco
Neneko (Yumeria)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Blackrose (.hack)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)

Sega
Toma (Shining Force EXA)
Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
????

my money is on a fighter

I know it won't happen since they already limited the amount of characters, but a card game like SNK vs Capcom Cardfighter's Clash, with online, would be freaking awesome for 3DS.

Vyse24

Looks like that new teaser site isn't realted to this. The 3 question marks became a square, a triangle and a circle. Looks like that's gonna be an action/adventure for the Playstation consoles.

TreIII

Seeing a hint of X makes me happy. Really get tired of seeing Zero being the sole rep for the Rockman X series.

If this is a strategy-RPG a la NamcoXCapcom before it, I wonder if they'll have characters like X and Zero counting as "one unit" again.

Boss Doggie

Seeing a hint of X makes me happy. Really get tired of seeing Zero being the sole rep for the Rockman X series.

If this is a strategy-RPG a la NamcoXCapcom before it, I wonder if they'll have characters like X and Zero counting as "one unit" again.

Different game, sadly (that's Hunter X Hunter game)

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean Megaman X, I thought you meant that other website, my bad!

shaowebb

my money is on a fighter

I seriously doubt it to be honest. Banpresto is the one doing the game and fighters aren't really their thing. I'm betting its an rpg of some kind or a card game. All I can say is I really REALLY hope that the white thing is Ichiro Ohgami and NOT Silver the Hedgehog as both have the same colors in their makeup.

Any translations on those new post it notes that appeared today?
2 updates to go and all the lights are full!

Soul Beat

Seeing a hint of X certainly makes me happy.

I won't get my hopes up until I see him appear in the game with my own eyes. Otherwise I'd probably die.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Where the hell is Sonic?

It looks like they're sticking with the human characters, since there's that speculation we'll be able to mix and match "parts" and putting in animal characters would mess that up. Plus, it looks like they're avoiding the BIG characters like Ryu and Original Megaman as well.

The M.O.B

I would hate another fighter collab game, Ideally some sort of Adventure game would be great.

Or a multi-genre mash up of some sort, thought that might be too ambitious for 3DS.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Seems like a match !

Updated list:

Capcom

Seriously? They include a title with some of the coolest and diverse characters to date and they give us the most generic POS from the lot? What the hell? Where's Shoma or Roberto, hell even Natsu from Gorin H.S.? Where's Akira? Where's Tiffany? Zaki? Edge? Kyoko? Hell I'll settle with Roy. What in the hell needs to happen to get a legit Rival Schools character?

/rage

Boss Doggie

Seriously? They include a title with some of the coolest and diverse characters to date and they give us the most generic POS from the lot? What the hell? Where's Shoma or Roberto, hell even Natsu from Gorin H.S.? Where's Akira? Where's Tiffany? Zaki? Edge? Kyoko? Hell I'll settle with Roy. What in the hell needs to happen to get a legit Rival Schools character?

/rage

Those are nullified when you are voiced by fucking NOBUYUKI HIYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

And because I feel stupid today, Batsu/Link/Gai vs. Domon Kasshu/Viewtiful Joe/Mobirates

Boss Doggie

Don't wanna bring up Rival Schools drama here but how is Shoma and Natsu any more "diverse" than Batsu? Hell, Roberto is pretty boring, Shoma is essentially a petite-Batsu and Natsu' just... a tall tsundere girl. If you're gonna go by moveset then nearly every one in Gorin are shotoclones as much as Batsu. The others aren't also the main character, so to say.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't wanna bring up Rival Schools drama here but how is Shoma and Natsu any more "diverse" than Batsu? Hell, Roberto is pretty boring, Shoma is essentially a petite-Batsu and Natsu' just... a tall tsundere girl. If you're gonna go by moveset then nearly every one in Gorin are shotoclones as much as Batsu. The others aren't also the main character, so to say.

That's totally fine man haha. I just like the idea of characters sporting a specific element or theme to them. Gorin H.S. does that with sports, so seeing a character swinging a giant bat and sending people sailing 40ft appeals to me more than some generic fighter dude. Sure all characters from Gorin have projectiles like Batsu, but they have more abilities beyond that (Shoma's base slide kick, base stealing) that makes them more appealing to me.

If it wasn't for TvC most people wouldn't even know who the hell he was, which makes it all the more worse when people request for him in crossovers when they haven't even played the games he came from.

Roberto is damn good, and I'd rather have a tall tsundere girl than a guy who shouts whenever he opens his mouth. :lol

But yeah, there's no drama man just different opinions.

Don't hang me, but I think Crapcom, Scamco, and ...erm... Sega have been some of the worst companies this gen... I don't expect anything fantastic.

Boss Doggie

Batsu delivers the hot-bloodedness and using it as a weapon though, and his shoto-ness is fixed in TvC. But eh, we're still not 100% on that. This isn't a fighting game after all.

squall23

Every time I see updates of this, I keep thinking how Banpresto will spin the story so that Sanger is here instead of back home. Also, human-sized Zankantou. It will be GLORIOUS.

I just want Sanger to be true so so much.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom