• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Tk0n

Is there something similar like the Blockfolio app only for PC? With settable autorefresh?

Even better would be a wepage with login instead a program you have to install.

Edit:Doh there actually is a blockfolio app for pc...

Still would prefer something similar just as webpage since i can't install anything at work.

https://cointracking.info/ or https://altpocket.io/ could be what youre looking for but i havent tried them. and im not sure if its advisable to use the auto-import functions of them.

Danielsan

Also hoping to hop on the Ark train once it's gone down a bit more. Set up my accounts for Bittrex and Bitfinex this morning. I have a reasonably low amount of money invested so far. Just want to see what happens to it in a month or so before I decide to invest something a bit more substantial. Definitely very interesting so far.

Any sources you guys recommend to catch the latest news on future developments?

Nyrad

Is there something similar like the Blockfolio app only for PC? With settable autorefresh?

Even better would be a wepage with login instead a program you have to install.

Edit:Doh there actually is a blockfolio app for pc...

Still would prefer something similar just as webpage since i can't install anything at work.

I can't find a Blockfolio Windows App. Can you post a link?

Donos

I can't find a Blockfolio Windows App. Can you post a link?
Sorry, reading further into it, it seems like it's only the Android app/apk but with a shell/method to install it on pc. Not really native for pc. Going to use the sites tkon posted anyway.

tanuki

Anyone ever had problems transferring out of breadwallet?

I tried transferring some bitcoin from my wallet to binance and it's been stuck waiting for confirmations for over 24h. I think maybe the transaction fee that breadwallet calculated was too low... not sure what to do about it now.

Comfortable enough to buy back in with ARK and hold baring another obvious pump and dump. Absolutely sucks that you have to constantly be on the lookout for market manipulation on a regular basis, but that's why you read up on stuff and don't fomo

Put in the last of what I'm comfortable risking, a full paycheck. Win or lose, that's it for now, and I think it's a reasonable gamble.

Tk0n

interesting rise in the "small" coins today.
DGB, XVG and SIA got huge boosts. No idea why. Bitcoin volatility drives everything crazy.

i think STRAT looks tempting. i hope it can finally break the downward trend.

Brohan

I would always be pretty spooked of dirt cheap coins that were on long downward trend magically gain back weeks of losses within a day.

In the case of DGB a pump like this could actually revitalize the coin i think, specially because it happened just before DGB rebrand.

In the case of DGB a pump like this could actually revitalize the coin i think, specially because it happened just before DGB rebrand.

Would a rebrand do anything to fix the issues that caused it to have a terminal decline for as long as it had? I don't know much about the coin, just seems like a far too risky investment.

Brohan

Would a rebrand do anything to fix the issues that caused it to have a terminal decline for as long as it had? I don't know much about the coin, just seems like a far too risky investment.

Good point but at the same time alot of coins seem to run purely on hype so i could imagine a coin that was on the decline but then suddenly getting a pump and a rebrand to somehow retain that sudden hype.

Edit: Contemplating simply giving up daytrading for a while and put everything i have in IOTA and just wait and see where it goes.
Daytrading has not really been succesful for me so far due to buying and selling at the wrong times.. not my choices of coins perse.

Luckily thanks to the rise of BTC my losses in fiat have been completely masked but in BTC i have definitely suffered some losses and that really makes me feel like an ass.

I'm still new to the game, but honestly the market is so full of bullshit and rampant manipulation that unless you're constantly pulling out after a set profit line and willing to see potential gains leave you behind and have the self control to stick to your guns and not chase, it seems best to just pick a few coins and stick it out for the long haul.

Sulik2

I'm still new to the game, but honestly the market is so full of bullshit and rampant manipulation that unless you're constantly pulling out after a set profit line and willing to see potential gains leave you behind and have the self control to stick to your guns and not chase, it seems best to just pick a few coins and stick it out for the long haul.

I'm doing both. Got coins I'm sticking with long term like neo and ark. And ones I am hoping for short term profits in like DGB with its rebrand.

Brohan

Yeah going for the long haul might be best for me.. but maybe i'll leave a small sum for daytrading and set targets and keep to them.
It's happened to me more than once that i sold a coin just before a surge just to be stupid enough to buy back in in the hopes of getting those big profits afterall but obviously that hasn't worked out XD.

It has now been over 36 hours where I have been trying to move some BTC from Bittrex to Coinbase to be able to withdraw it, and have not been able to do so.

I have not received the confirmation mails from Bittrex
I have cancelled and resubmitted the requests multiple times - still nothing
I have written through Bittrex's support form multiple times, and they have not replied to me
I am fully verified (ID scan and all) with Bittrex. I have tried it both with 2-factor enabled and disabled.
And once again, yes, I have checked my junk/spam folders multiple times, nothing there as well

As it stands, this is a VERY poor look for Bittrex, as it is continuing to hold my BTC hostage with me unable to get it out of there, and with them not responding to any support requests.
Considering this, I am having very strong reservations against recommending anyone use Bittrex for anything at any point if you ever actually want to see the funds available as actual money in the future.

This is very disappointing.

Tk0n

ARK is doing its thing again ;)

i just now increased my stake in STRAT a minute before a 33.000 sell wall was removed. lets hope ive got the timing right for once....

Brohan

Shit. With Bittrex's refusal to allow me to move funds to Coinbase to be able to withdraw them, this is costing me significant amounts of money

Yeah i had the same problem yesterday with the place i buy my bitcoins, it took them hours to actually send the coins and then i had to wait forever for the confirmations.

Seems like alt coins are on the rise due to the BTC drop

Should have gotten ARK at 0.00033. Guess I fucked up.

Yea, I saw you saying you were going to wait a month or something. Even with the major correction (read dump), it never fell below the original sell wall iirc. It's on a run now, but it's always safer to wait for corrections and consolidations if you're not confident.

I'm not sure if this is another pump or actual healthy growth, only time will tell.

Brandson

Bitcoin's slow transaction speed is one reason I don't hold or plan to hold any.

I've picked up 1 ETH through trading this morning so far. It seems to be levelling off for the time being. We'll see if any more trading opportunities present themselves. The market still hasn't priced in any of the recent positive ETH news. It remains to be seen if those trading it actually care about real world developments or not. You'd think that they will at some point.

Brandson

Would ETH be any quicker/easier/better?
The issue for me is that Bittrex is not sending me my confirmation email at all

How long ago did you buy the Bitcoins? Could it be that the exchange is still waiting for Bitcoin's blockchain confirmations for the step prior to you trying to move them?

I'm sorry you're having problems. All of the exchanges need to improve their support a lot.

How long ago did you buy the Bitcoins? Could it be that the exchange is still waiting for Bitcoin's blockchain confirmations for the step prior to you trying to move them?

I'm sorry you're having problems. All of the exchanges need to improve their support a lot.

Probably ~36 hours ago, as I transferred various currencies into BTC in order to transfer them.

Brohan

Would ETH be any quicker/easier/better?
The issue for me is that Bittrex is not sending me my confirmation email at all

Did you check blockchain info? maybe it's like stuck and you can CPFP (child pay for parent) to get the miners to notice your transaction again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ARK slowly going down... Let's see if it will go back to 0.00034 levels. If it goes, i am gonna buy some more.

CCS

Banned
ARK slowly going down... Let's see if it will go back to 0.00034 levels. If it goes, i am gonna buy some more.

That's twice now I've bought in about there and sold in the mid forties. It's like a perpetual motion machine...

Alright, now that ETH maintenance is done, I bought ETH with my BTC, and am trying to send ETH from Bittrex to Coinbase...
Let's see if I actually receive a confirmation email this time...

...the median confirmation time for a Bitcoin transaction is around 17 minutes right now. Obviously something else is going on here.

Well, obviously.

But I've contacted their support multiple times and they have yet to respond to me at all.
(Yet again - yes, I've checked spam and trash. And I receive their confirmations that they've received my messages. Just, they never reply to them).

Top Bottom