• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

soymilk

Neo Member
What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.

I just started also so this is how I buy ark in my case.
Buy BTC on coinbase
Transfer BTC to your bittrex account
Buy ARK with the BTC

I think I read someone said instead of transferring BTC you can use LTC. Then exchange LTC to BTC on bittrex.
It comes out cheaper. Haven't tried that yet tho!

tzare

Buy BTC on coinbase
Buy ARK with the BTC

I think I read someone said instead of transferring BTC you can use LTC. Then exchange LTC to BTC on bittrex.

i haven't done it myself yet, but would consider checking GDAX for the fees. Not sure if can transfer from there to bittrex though.

Laieon

Buy BTC on coinbase
Buy ARK with the BTC

Yep, ended up doing this. Worked out fine!

gaming_noob

When did the Ark holders identify Ark to buy into it.

What were the expectations?

Like others here pieface brought it to our attention. Then doing our own research (via bitcointalk.org, Reddit, etc) we see potential. Their roadmap and ease of use of their wallet keeps us holding.

If BTC continued its trend from prior to be 5k our ARK would've been at ~$5.40 by now.

syllogism

Despite BTC going from ~4900 to 3650 I'm currently roughly even due to most of my holdings being in ARK right now. I really hope they won't release any ACES details during this bloodbath though; I think it can only disappoint in the current climate, in particular due to ARK devs not being particularly flashy.

Also BTCC announced that it will stop trading on 9/30, but did not say they they are shutting down.

https://twitter.com/YourBTCC/status/908285586368167936

Crispy

My ARK is holding strong, so glad I got into that a while ago! The rest....better not look.

When everything is at its lowest (whenever that may be), which of the 'big' currencies do you all think is best to invest in for a quick recovery? Good old BTC or ETH/LTC?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
BTC is tanking, Where's the bottom on this?

Looks like 3600 for now, but 3500 is likely. But with all stuff that is on horizon (China, hard fork...) I thought about possibility of BTC steadily falling towards 3k or at least 3200...

tzare

man, i want o buy some BTC to trade but should wait some more because it seems it won't stop going down for a while.

Can i place an order that triggers at a specific price on GDAX? Buy 100€ worth of BTC if it goes below 2900€ for example?

man, i want o buy some BTC to trade but should wait some more because it seems it won't stop going down for a while.

Can i place an order that triggers at a specific price on GDAX? Buy 100€ worth of BTC if it goes below 2900€ for example?

limit buy. it has no fees.

We crashed through 3600$ for a bitcoin. My Blockfolio lost over 40% of its highest point.
Let´s go further. Let´s see how low we can go.

QAkMgty.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What a day
BTC crashing
ARK hodling
And call from the hospital that my surgery is under question and they will notify me tomorrow morning.

Danielsan

I'm rooting for BTC to drop below 3K. Just make it happen. I'd love to buy in at 2,5K.
Also feeling stupid as fuck for selling my ARK this weekend at 69k, fully convinced that I could buy back at 60k....
The only stable coin around at the moment.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This also mean that weekend sell out came early this week. Well, sell out #2 :D

Ark below 100k

OMG at 244k... this is tempting

Hisoka

This is it. Just announce it already. I don't want you in cryptocurrency anymore, China. There are so many other important ones, Japan, India,... This is just June all over again. I learned my lesson by not leaving everything in there. I won't repeat that. HODL! No bank loan agreement or contract will give you such a percentage in retourn. Holding for 1-2 years will still give you more back, even with some bloody months in between.
Also, POS seems to be the next big hit. Instead of selling, you're far better off accumulating in these scenarious.

We can only hope this is the final wave of China bullshit and they make a fucking decision and make it loud and proud so nobody has to worry about this anymore

I can see another carnage when other Chinese exchanges announce end of trading....

I would think that that's baked into the current drop.

In other news, ARK is somehow 4.2K USD in my wallet. It broke 100K when I was drunk sleeping, can only imagine how much it's going to be worth if that value holds and BTC recovers!

Donos

Lol, these moments when i open blockfolio to see if the portfolio crawled up another 50€, thanks to ARK, only to see after the refresh that it goes down 1k € (OMG is my second biggest coin after ARK).

Brandson

I can see another carnage when other Chinese exchanges announce end of trading....

Yes, BTCC is not the biggest Chinese exchange. Similar announcements from Huobi and Okcoin would likely quickly send Bitcoin sub-$3000, and everything else in the same direction. I really didn't think China would shutdown exchanges. It's not looking great to be honest.

Edit: It's possible that BTCC just couldn't meet the new licensing requirements by September 30 (the supposed deadline to license exchanges in China). Maybe Huobi and Okcoin can?

Cipherr

Yes, BTCC is not the biggest Chinese exchange. Similar announcements from Huobi and Okcoin would likely quickly send Bitcoin sub-$3000, and everything else in the same direction. I really didn't think China would shutdown exchanges. It's not looking great to be honest.

Edit: It's possible that BTCC just couldn't meet the new licensing requirements by September 30 (the supposed deadline to license exchanges in China). Maybe Huobi and Okcoin can?

The weekends have been red in general lately when trading slows too. If they announce closures of larger exchanges right as this weekend starts....

Straight firesale.

Brandson

The weekends have been red in general lately when trading slows too. If they announce closures of larger exchanges right as this weekend starts....

Straight firesale.

These are the possibilities leading into the weekend:

1) Okcoin and/or Huobi make a similar announcement to BTCC before the weekend, and everything dumps.

2) The other China exchanges remain silent, and everything bounces hard (~+30%), because 1D RSI continues to be severely oversold. ETH has its lowest RSI ever. I don't believe in too much TA, but I believe in that. At some point the bad news will stop, and there will be a big correction upwards. All that is needed now is 1-2 days without more bad news.

tumblr_n6crm8ghfT1td670bo1_500.gif

I am mostly in FIAT (except my cold wallet of bitcoin that I won't touch until it is worth enough to make me a millionaire) so this can go down to fucking $1 so I can buy a lot more. Not like I am not used to this after 4 years in this game.

PANICCCCCCCCCCCC PANICCCCC!!!!!!!

Stay strong brothers. Lots of money to be made here.

Reddit is hilarious at times like this. It really shows you the immaturity of the crypto scene and how much we need to grow up and also why mainstream may never really take it seriously.

Just scary and embarassing that most of a 60+ billion dollar market is controlled by a bunch of young 20 something 4channers.

Dilly

Banned
Everything? Lucky man.... Ark is trying to keep things level but not managing for me because all else is red.

Yeah, I was slowly losing my mind checking graphs after making some money on NEO so I decided to put it into a cheap but promising coin. Worked out pretty good so far.

KPJZKC

Can anyone advise what the best way to keep your dollar amount steady is on Bittrex? For instance there were a few times today where I wanted to bail out of some underperforming coins, but didn't want to jump into Ark at the price it was at at that moment as I figured it would come down to a better buy point (which it did).

On Kraken I can just easily switch in and out of fiat, should I switch into Tether to lock in value on Bittrex? And if so what are the risks/downsides of that?

On an unrelated note, I debated multiple times last night and today moving everything into Ark. Given the blood bath I see before me, I really should have. I'm tempted just to fully dump Neo and BNB at this stage, I'm just now sure Neo has a future without China, and BNB is down to about 25% of what I paid for it, and I just don't see it ever getting there at this stage.

CCS

Banned
Can anyone advise what the best way to keep your dollar amount steady is on Bittrex? For instance there were a few times today where I wanted to bail out of some underperforming coins, but didn't want to jump into Ark at the price it was at at that moment as I figured it would come down to a better buy point (which it did).

On Kraken I can just easily switch in and out of fiat, should I switch into Tether to lock in value on Bittrex? And if so what are the risks/downsides of that?

On an unrelated note, I debated multiple times last night and today moving everything into Ark. Given the blood bath I see before me, I really should have. I'm tempted just to fully dump Neo and BNB at this stage, I'm just now sure Neo has a future without China, and BNB is down to about 25% of what I paid for it, and I just don't see it ever getting there at this stage.

Tether is the best way of doing it. It's effectively locked with USD, only moves a tiny amount away so no need to worry.

Top Bottom