• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrystalD to make announcement that will "change the way you play Tomb Raider forever"

If the announcement isnt that the new Tomb Raider will have wonderfully complicated and well designed tombs and puzzles along with no side characters so the player can experience an atmosphere of deep isolation in hidden tombs, then I dont think I'm interested.

Kandinsky

Come on guys this is no way related to WiiU, they would not even bother to hype it lol.

This is competitive multiplayer, or co-op guest-starring Lightning.

A.R.K

seeing how much they are copying Uncharted...they have to provide something like Uncharted MP, so most likely something MP related

Tiduz

Eurogaime
qfib1321925757843.jpg

UrbanRats

I don't think it'll be something big, this industry has a thing for hyperbole, so it could be something like Sleeping Dogs' leaderboards system and connectivity, for example.

Amir0x

Banned
CrystalD to announce the game finally has a mode that lets you play the game so it's actually anything like a Tomb Raider title?

"change the way you play Tomb Raider forever"? Lara was a man befor... that would explain the sentence. I mean i would never ever stare at her ass and tits anymore and i would clearly play tomb raider different.

cameron

Have to agree with multiplayer. They're revamped the combat into a standard cover based shooter, so perhaps something like survivors vs inhabitants.

"Change the way you play Tomb Raider forever" is a weird statement, though. What does that even mean? Whatever it turns out to be, I'd bet it will be competent, but PR will do their best to make it embarrassing for everyone involved.

kafiend

Wait, why? Announcing a secret - i.e. such that it's not a secret anymore? Seems reasonable to me unless I'm missing something. :p

It would have been preferable to just announce that an announcement will be announced shortly at an announcement. Using the word "secret" just confuses people.

This would never happen, but how about some Dark Souls-esque online connectivity? Maybe you can mark the best hunting spots for your friends or something. Crouch on this ledge for a sweet lungshot on that deer!

Though this game probably isn't nearly open enough to make something like that worthwhile. I bet it's just some coop challenge mode.

Top Bottom