• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CS:GO, Girls, and Good Times

Jenenser

just 1 beeing sexist is a good quota.

tbh, i wouldnt even make that much of a difference, if that kid couldnt have harassed her, he wouldve just harassed someone else.

next time, if you really wanna be a gentleman, tell her just mute that kid and have fun.
(you can press tab, rightklick on his name and mute only him. let him drown in his rage when you all ignore him and have fun with the game.)

but yes, its fun to see/hear how people react when a girl talks.
some get silent and will never talk again, some just get fucking weird. they seem like they never talked to a girl and treat them like a different species. some straight harass them for beeing woman (but like i said, usually these people would flame anyone).
some even wanna gift them stuff so they befriend them.

bunch of asocial people.

(I don't play casual or competitive because I am not good enough yet. Deathmatch is helping me learn the game and how to get gud.)

lil offtopic:
you wont learn the game. it will improve your reaction, movement and the distinction between friend or foe. it even helps a little bit with aiming.
but these are just some "minor" points of the whole game
just some friendly advice :)

(if you just wanna play ffa and have fun, just ignore this post) :p

Leunam

I'll wait here until you realize that attacking people who attack other people does not work. Ignoring is not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting you look past stereotypes and and accept a person for who they are, not who they were born as. That's all. If you think that is "ignoring" the issue, then you're not looking more than a single move ahead, friend.

Are you familiar with pride movements? The idea is that if people are going to hate you for something you can't change then it's important to own it and show that you aren't afraid to be. You suggested taking the focus off of gender and POC, and I'm saying that's the wrong approach, that it's better that it's at the forefront and not something they should put aside. If some asshole wants to judge others based on that then they should be the ones to change, not me. And I won't handle it with kid gloves anymore because literally not much else has worked. Real life parallels are happening at this very moment based on that idea.

We have the same end goal, but we don't have the same approach, that much is certain.

Brakke

Banned
OP I actually liked your story.

The tone of gawking wonder at this unprecedented occurrence is a bit much tho lol.

Venture

I haven't been involved in online gaming in a long time and the really sad thing is how little progress has been made. I was in a TFC clan with a woman and it seems like the same crap she had to deal with 15 years ago. I guess there are a lot more women playing today at least.

I'm glad you didn't do worse, but man OP, they are still human, and they still would like to be treated as such. Fit in that middle spectrum where you don't shit on them for being girls, but also don't hoist them on a pedestal.

Top Bottom