• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm S9 |OT| He Left. He Did Nothing. He Returned - Sundays on HBO

Tagg9

Damn, what an amazing episode. The ending was a little too over the top for me, but the rest was classic Larry David observational humour.

I'd argue it's probably one of the top 10 Curb episodes of all time.

^^^Everybody wants to be a pickle jar hero.

The tong is not a friend of the cookie.

Funkhouser's nephew couldn't handle no fap.

Great episode.

Socreges

Banned
First episode was Curb...but not great Curb. Tonight was great Curb. Enjoyed that so much

Mary turning Larry down and then showing up with a Larry doppelganger is fucking classic

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Brilliant episode. I mean it had clear fucking Seinfeld callbacks in it. It felt like a terrific Seinfeld episode.

When we get those little morsels of pure Larry David genius it's just so so satisfying. The tong and fapping conversations could be right off Seinfeld. Even the Hooker one was though they were flipping the usual play where the advice backfires.

Loved it

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
These shows are keeping Ted Danson fresh. He always has the best looks on Curb and The Good Place.

"Everybody's gotta be the hero of the pickle jar." Haha, had the same type of situation at a BBQ last year. All the dudes wanted to be the one to open the jar.

Link1110

So many amazing parts this episode. I really hope it's not the last season if this is the quality we're getting. Kinda worried they're gonna kill Larry at the end

So many amazing parts this episode. I really hope it's not the last season if this is the quality we're getting. Kinda worried they're gonna kill Larry at the end
Larry has said he is pretty sure season 10 is coming and it will probably be the last. And that there will not be a huge gap between season 9 and 10 like there was 8 and 9.

Holy fuck this episode. Did not think it would happen like that and so soon with Ted straight up asking Larry for permission to date Cheryl. Marty killed me at the end talking about he went behind Larry's back with Cheryl.

"I called her twice just to talk to her how see how she was doing....shopping tips and all that"

lol shopping tips

Palestinian Chicken girl can still get it. She fine.

Budi

Some people seriously think this doesn't feel like Curb?
Man, saw everything of it there, after just rewatching all seasons this was just like it was never over, except it doesn't look like filmed with a potato cam.

I'm so happy the show is back.
I also binged and rewatched the entire series just before the new season started. And I also had bit problems with identifying the newest episode as Curb, I really can't put it into words why it felt somehow off. It could just be the level of presentation that threw me off, but the same didn't happen to me earlier in the series when they had an upgrade to production values. Or it's because they have just been off-air for so long. Having said that, I still love it and I'm thrilled that Larry and the crew is back. Starting the second episode soon. Hopefully the odd feeling has shaken off by now.

Edit: It was excellent, no issues whatsoever.

bbalde

It's my wife that reminded me that Curb is back, saying: "he is back, nothing much have changed about him, there is no hope, you will love it".

I did :) my man!

Very surprised that this episode has such positive reviews in here. Thought it was very weak, can't recall a single laugh. Also very predictable.

I love Curb but I really didn't like this one very much either. I thought I was going insane reading the comments here and at the AV Club last night.

Glad to see that Sepinwall panned it too. It was a weak episode.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Very surprised that this episode has such positive reviews in here. Thought it was very weak, can't recall a single laugh. Also very predictable.

I thought the plot with the prostitute with Funkhouser's nephew didn't have much payoff. The conversation between Larry and The Funk about going left was good, but otherwise I didn't get much out of it.

I love Curb but I really didn't like this one very much either. I thought I was going insane reading the comments here and at the AV Club last night.

Glad to see that Sepinwall panned it too. It was a weak episode.

I liked the episode a lot, but thought the premiere was better.

I think it might play better on a repeat.

Larry has always been an asshole but it feels like he is creating situations where he is wrong, rather than being placed into situations where other people are wrong and he is just defending his (socially incorrect, personally correct) opinions.

For example the hooker thing was classic Larry, but him rambling on about cookies didn't feel organic / right.

First episode was definitely stronger, but glad to see more curb always.

Cheebo

Banned
Larry has always been an asshole but it feels like he is creating situations where he is wrong, rather than being placed into situations where other people are wrong and he is just defending his (socially incorrect, personally correct) opinions.

For example the hooker thing was classic Larry, but him rambling on about cookies didn't feel organic / right.

First episode was definitely stronger, but glad to see more curb always.

Cookie thing felt straight out of Seinfeld, something George would do and say. So it felt like classic Larry David comedy to me.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
yeah Palestinian Chicken is maybe the best episode. Either that or the Grand Opening, but the latter is made so magical because of how it works in elements from across the season.

Carpool Lane also vies for the top spot depending on mood.

Ristifer

Undeniably classic slice of Curb.

When Mary walks in front of Larry's car with the lookalike, I was fucking dying.

Sliver

The entire exchange between Swat, Leon and Larry from Larry telling them to shut up all the way to talking about stone fruits was so fucking funny.

"Even the oals will fuck me up Larry."

Ristifer

The entire exchange between Swat, Leon and Larry from Larry telling them to shut up all the way to talking about stone fruits was so fucking funny.

"Even the oals will fuck me up Larry."
That, plus their discussion about towels and how Larry won't buy velvety towels because they don't absorb moisture.

Amazing.

Top Bottom