• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom xbox one controllers from xbox design lab

Mine came in a double-folded cardboard shipping box that held the controller box perfectly snug inside with an air gap all around. Then the controller box itself has the same design inside.

Last I checked, mine was in the Phillipines, which surprised me. Here's hoping it hasn't been raining there.

EDIT: Seems it's moved since. It went to Anchorage, Alaska. That's where it says it is on the status bar (at a sorting facility), but on the detail sheet it says it's now in Taiwan.

That can't be right.

Mine arrived today, while I was sleeping. The box seems to be in good shape (the shipping box, that is), so hopefully that's an indicator for everything else.

I haven't showered yet, so I don't feel clean enough to open it. I'm nervous about touching it, as it will be the only one I'll order (close to $130 after taxes is too much), but will get over it.

EDIT: I opened it. I couldn't wait to see what it looked like. But I didn't take it out of the case.

It looks really nice. It's very dusty from the packaging, though, which I hate. I'm going to have to clean the shit out of it.

I'm really happy with mine. I thought the overload of red would perhaps look bad or boring, but it looks really nice with the white buttons and darker X button. The back being a lighter colour helps.

It arrived in perfect condition, albeit annoyingly dusty like all new X1 controllers.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I think it is time for me to buy a second controller so I can play with my son. Might as well be one of these!

Mine came in today! I'll post photos when I get off work.

Edit:

IMG_20160922_172800.jpg

IMG_20160922_172843.jpg

kami_sama

Still not available outside NA, right? :(
I want a a custom controller dammit.

Edit: Just read the edited first post. A WHOLE YEAR!?
Hope it comes before that :(

ElNino

The only negative about these controllers is now I just want to make more and more and more...
I really like the ones I made for my kids, but they don't even get to see them until Christmas. I've thought about ordering one for myself, but I have an Elite and the controller that came with the S model (on top of the three we already had), so I really don't need another controller.

Still not available outside NA, right? :(
I want a a custom controller dammit.

Edit: Just read the edited first post. A WHOLE YEAR!?
Hope it comes before that :(

I had mine shipped to someone in the US, then I transfered them the shipping cost to then mail it to me... Not sure if that's an option for you, though.

Justinh

I've thought about ordering one for myself, but I have an Elite and the controller that came with the S model (on top of the three we already had), so I really don't need another controller.

I really want one too, but I have an elite controller as well (along with 9 or 10 other xbox one controllers), and I kinda want the Gears controller and the Purple Dusk (whoops, it's called Dawn Shadow) looking one, too.

Maybe after Christmas shopping is done.

Fuchsdh

I really want one too, but I have an elite controller as well (along with 9 or 10 other xbox one controllers), and I kinda want the Gears controller and the Purple Dusk (whoops, it's called Dawn Shadow) looking one, too.

Maybe after Christmas shopping is done.

Haha, I have three controllers already and the Lunar White is still soldiering on, so I can't justify it either. Had a lot of fun coming up with color schemes though. Wish all the new controllers had the same Lunar grips though, they're stupendous and the new ones aren't quite as good.

Bro, that fusion controller is sexy as hell

If scalebound ends up being a good game i"ll probably make a Scalebound controller

Honestly, the only one I'm not so sure about is the Dark Samus variation. Unfortunately, there's no brown colour for the Dark Suit, and the Light Suit and Phazon Suit colours look off.

Anyone have any input on how to get through to Microsoft support if you have issues with these controllers?

My custom controller arrived last week and it looks great, but unfortunately the "A" button tends to stick every 10th button press or so, and I have to wiggle the button to get it pop back up. Not the biggest deal in the world but unacceptable for a brand new $100 controller.

I've contacted Microsoft support/Xbox Support, and it's been an absolute nightmare for me. I've called three times and I haven't gotten anywhere. No one knows how to help me out with these Design Lab controllers. No one can find the serial number associated with my controller in their database. They tried processing a "normal" repair/replace process for the controller until they realized that it was for normal controllers and I wouldn't get my custom one back so they cancelled it.

Calling again shortly today. Not very optimistic. Just a word of caution to those who are buying these. Right now support is shit.

For you peeps in the US how long does it take for this thing to ship? I'm thinking about ordering one and let my sister carrying it back to China for me but she leaves on the 22nd.

How noisy are your bumper/shoulder buttons? Mine make a rather audible clicking noise when used. The right one sounds louder than the left.

Are these the newer "s" style controller with bluetooth?

My oldest son is a pc gamer and his OG X1 controller usb slips loose sometimes. I'm thinking of getting him one of these.

Iorv3th

Are these the newer "s" style controller with bluetooth?

My oldest son is a pc gamer and his OG X1 controller usb slips loose sometimes. I'm thinking of getting him one of these.

They are the bluetooth controllers. Just got one for my wife for her birthday and it was.

Just put together a new order:

Hm01

Excited for it to arrive.

Love that one. I haven't ordered one yet but will soon. With orange being my favorite color when I messed around designing one I came up with almost identical design think I had white buttons as only difference.

I would likely order one like that one, perhaps exactly that one, if I ordered another. I'm a big fan of orange and it pops well there.

Just had my wife make one and placed the order for her. She doesn't really play but loves the design of these control color schemes. Mainly a charcoal grey body with retro pink. I'll post a pic when it arrives

DonMigs85

The outer shells are just painted, right? It's not the ingrained color of the plastic?
Worried it'll fade or chip over time.

U2NUMB

The outer shells are just painted, right? It's not the ingrained color of the plastic?
Worried it'll fade or chip over time.

Ive designed 3 and used one for a ton of hours and I really do not think they are painted.. I see no visible fade or ware on my heavily used one months and months later.

Top Bottom