• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CV: Casting Voice |OT| Your favourite anime VA is everybody (only 40+ VAs)

squall23

7G7hILD.jpg

Available on PS3.

Have you ever wanted Tanaka Rie as the main character of a comedic fantasy anime? Or maybe Inoue Kikuko as a super robot pilot? Or maybe even Midorikawa Hikaru as the ENTIRE MALE CAST OF A TALES GAME?!

Then you're in luck, because this new game lets you do all of those things. You are a voice actor producer/agent. You read scripts, you cast voice actors that you think will fit those scripts (or you can go balls off the wall and make completely random choices), and you manage relationships with your voice actors. It's essentially the voice actors version of idolm@ster.

Cast List

Courtesy of animenewsnetwork, here's a somewhat organized list of most of the VAs in the game:
Ayana Taketatsu
Kikuko Inoue
Tsubasa Yonaga
Shigeru Chiba
Kensho Ono
Miyuki Sawashiro
Tetsuya Kakihara
Houchu Ohtsuka
Kumiko Nishihara
Kaori Nazuka
Mariya Ise
Kanae Itō as
Takashi Kondo
Kenji Nojima
Noriko Hidaka
Yuji Mitsuya
Nobunaga Shimazaki (DLC)
Rie Tanaka (DLC)
Wataru Hatano
Kentarou Itou
Hikaru Midorikawa
Masaya Matsukaze
Kenjiro Tsuda
Ryoko Shiraishi
Aya Hisakawa
Ai Nonaka
Mai Aizawa
Shiori Mikami
Tomoaki Maeno
Kazuyuki Okitsu
Atsushi Kisaichi
Daisuke Sakaguchi
Taiki Matsuno
Asami Imai
Ai Orikasa
Satomi Akesaka
Hisako Kanemoto
Satsuki Yukino
Makiko Ohmoto
Yuu Asakawa
Yu Kobayashi
Mitsuki Saiga
Saori Goto
Kenji Akabane
Hideo Ishikawa
Ryotaro Okiayu
Youji Ueda

This site lists the voice actors with the corresponding characters in the game.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/CV-Casting-Voice/side-by-side/

Game Modes

Produce Mode: The meat of the game. Played like a visual novel, you manage and talk with voice actors, choose scripts from anime or games or movies/dramas, cast voice actors to those scripts and then the actual recording session begins that's played out with a QTE mini-game.

Casting Mode: This is the free play mode. Just choose a script and listen to any of the voice actors do the lines.

After Recording Mode: Maybe you want to put yourself in the position of the voice actor. Well, if you have a USB mic, you can do that.

Recording Mode: Oddly enough, this is the mode that lets your mix your voice track.

Video

Please watch the video, it's a really good explanation of the game even if it is in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkkQO16x9FQ

Oh yeah, did I mention there are Tales and idolm@ster scripts in this game?

Rarity

This is a pretty awesome idea for a game. I think it would be really cool to see the various ways different voice actors approach the same character.

I hear Troy Baker is going to play all of those people in the localization.

Also, I hope this DOES get localized. I love games like this and Reccetear that flip around some aspect of RPGs in an interesting way.

squall23

Platforms? Is this for PS3, or?
Damn it, I knew something was missing.
Ctrl F

Norio Wakamoto

Phrase not found.

I need All Hail Britannia
No Norio Wakamoto ?
Yeah, unfortunately, the game's missing a few that I want. Sugita, Wakamoto, Nakamura, Hiyama, Koyasu, Furuya.

Maybe they'll be upcoming DLC, I don't know. Thank god for Midorikawa and Okiayu though.
I hear Troy Baker is going to play all of those people in the localization.
You mean JYB.

*summons Aeana*

Stuart444

Oh, yay an OT for this game. I've had this pre-ordered for a while and it got sent out the other day. Looking forward to it! :D

squall23

Anybody played it yet? Any reviews?

Oh and no Yui Horie :p
I am playing it, and really the entertainment value is to put various voice actors in roles that they're not known for.

I think I also speak for everybody when I say that it's sad that Akira Kamiya is retired. He would've been amazing for this game.

Top Bottom