• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Gobias

Banned
I think they should just kick Bama out and have a 4 team Big Ten Championship playoff. It's the only way to be fair.

e - and Nebraska is the fourth team because fuck Penn State

If Penn State wins, I think we (OSU) are in. If Wisconsin wins.....I'm not as certain. I still think we'll go, though.
Other way around since we beat Wisky.. if Penn State wins.. they'll have the head to head and conference championship.. if Oklahoma loses.. our SOS takes a hit

A Washington loss puts osu in too
That too in case Penn State wins/Oklahoma loses..

And of UW and Clemson.. Washington may be more vulnerable

Everyone in on the wrong debate. The real debate is ifnits udub or big 10 champion
Washington beats Colorado and they'll have a good enough resume over Penn State/Wisky

OSU and Bama are in for sure.

Clemson if it wins is in
Washington if it wins is in

If one loses, B1G winner is in
If two lose, I really think B1G winner and Michigan will be in to put 3 B1G teams in the playoff
If Washington loses.. I think they'll put Michigan in over Colorado since Michigan beat Wisky, Penn State, and Colorado. I don't necessarily agree.. but I think it will work out that way.

If both Clemson and Washington loses.. Wisky/Penn State are in..

HeySeuss

They've set it up so the winner of the big 10 championship will leapfrog Michigan. Ohio State staying #2 says they are definitely in and they'll stay there at #2 because the committee wants to see an OSU Bama title game.

ryseing

Jesus. Michigan is 3-1 against the top 10. I was going to make an argument for OK State being in if they win Bedlam + Clemson/Washington lose but I dunno.

Just feels weird putting a team that finished third in its division in a four team playoff.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Almost got to go to the SEC championship game. My mom got tickets through her job and I'd have gone with her since I'm off this weekend. But my dad was able to get the day off despite the short notice so he's going instead.

And OSU being a lock means someone is probably getting screwed, probably Washington of the B1G champ.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Almost got to go to the SEC championship game. My mom got tickets through her job and I'd have gone with her since I'm off this weekend. But my dad was able to get the day off despite the short notice so he's going instead.

eh gonna be a blowout.

more fun to watch Bedlam and B1G title game on the couch

mjp2417

Banned
OSU and Bama are in for sure.

Clemson if it wins is in
Washington if it wins is in

If one loses, B1G winner is in
If two lose, I really think B1G winner and Michigan will be in to put 3 B1G teams in the playoff

Everything but the bolded seems pretty clear cut. I'm not actually sure the Big 10 winner jumps Michigan at this point. Michigan would have head to head wins over both (and they absolutely decimated PSU) and more quality wins than either.

They've set it up so the winner of the big 10 championship will leapfrog Michigan. Ohio State staying #2 says they are definitely in and they'll stay there at #2 because the committee wants to see an OSU Bama title game.

I'll be honest, I think Michigan is in regardless of what happens in the B1G title game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide how I'd feel if they put three B1G teams in the playoff. On one hand that would be even worse than the 2012 championship, but it would also be pretty funny.

One.. we will have to survive Clemson and I don't think we can with our Oline issues..

That dline of Clemson's isn't as strong as last year.. but it's still solid and will eat us alive..

Two.. since it looks like Head to Head matchups are looking to be the name of the game this year.. I don't see how we can say that Michigan who beat Colorado, Penn State and Wisky (all at home.. but they beat them) should be out over them when they have only two losses..

I think if UW/Clemson loses... Michigan is in..

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I cannot see the committee putting in a team that lost 2 of its last 3 over a 2-loss B1G Conference champion. Sorry Michigan fans - you need utter chaos to snag that fourth slot

I don't know how they'll justify it, but I can't see how they'll put both OSU and Michigan in the playoff. I think Michigan is out. The only question is what they'll say to justify it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I don't know how they'll justify it, but I can't see how they'll put both OSU and Michigan in the playoff. I think Michigan is out. The only question is what they'll say to justify it.

say choas does happen, and Clemson and Washington loses.

Bama/OSU/B1G Champ are in.

Then it comes down to Michigan vs Colorado vs Oklahoma/Oklahoma Lite.

I can't decide how I'd feel if they put three B1G teams in the playoff. On one hand that would be even worse than the 2012 championship, but it would also be pretty funny.

I think it'd be hilarious. Honestly. Because nobody's gonna whine about Big 10 bias if it does (and rightfully so).

HeySeuss

One.. we will have to survive Clemson and I don't think we can with our Oline issues..

That dline of Clemson's isn't as strong as last year.. but it's still solid and will eat us alive..

Two.. since it looks like Head to Head matchups are looking to be the name of the game this year.. I don't see how we can say that Michigan who beat Colorado, Penn State and Wisky (all at home.. but they beat them) should be out over them when they have only two losses..

I think if UW/Clemson loses... Michigan is in..

I've seen nothing from Clemson that would give me cause for concern. We'll get smoked by Bama tho. Clemson is fake good.

HeySeuss

I don't trust our Oline.. and Deshaun Watson is a lot more frightening than Wilton Speight..

God that Malcolm Pridgeon injury hurts..

Their turnover margin is terrible and our defense forces turnovers. I agree that Watson is a good quarterback and that worries me, but our defense can handle them without much issue I think.

I'm just glad Holcut very clearly stated what the committees job is because a shit ton of people just think if you win your conference you should be in and in a lot of cases that isn't true. Best 4 teams not best 4 champions.

andycapps

2016. Suddenly conference championships don't matter

Pisses me off this system didn't exist in 2007 when we were #3 and top 2 teams lost. But LSU made it in because they went to the SECCG.

Still hate Herbie to this day for going on his diatribe about how we shouldn't have been in because we didn't win the conference. Course not much later we had the LSU Bama rematch when one of them didn't win the conference either.

Gorillaz

Michigan put on the spot to get leap frogged.

Or not

OSU definitely in, which means there will be fuckery. Like someone is getting fucked after these division title games and it won't be OSU most likely

Bucknut, we here baby

cdyhybrid

This playoff poll doesn't matter. They don't have to consider precedent from the week before and can do whatever they want next week, which is the only one that actually matters.

I thought OSU might be the second best team in the country not long ago, but I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think they can beat Clemson. But who knows?

Feel bad for Washington, though.

Cday

Banned
Being a Michigan fan right now... ugh. At 5, it would seem as though we only need Washington or Clemson to lose and be in, but all know that isn't the case.

I think we need Washington to lose and Penn State to win to have a decent shot. Clemson and Washington lose and I don't think it matters who wins the Big 10 championship, we'd be in.

It just sucks that the two best teams in the Big Ten are left on the sideline this week to just watch and wait.

I think the only way is if Washington and Clemson both lose. The B1G champ would be too close and would jump them. Even though they have wins over both of them... It's really a mess this year and it's all about "picking the 4 best teams" so then again maybe not. It would be complete carnage if Ohio State and Michigan got in over the B1G champ. Then again there's a reasonable argument for it.

Jesus. Michigan is 3-1 against the top 10. I was going to make an argument for OK State being in if they win Bedlam + Clemson/Washington lose but I dunno.

Just feels weird putting a team that finished third in its division in a four team playoff.

I mean some people are stumping for bigger playoffs. Imagine how you'll feel when a 3 loss third or fourth place team gets hot and runs the table. It'll be like watching baseball playoffs where the best team generally doesn't win.

ccbfan

Conference championships never meant anything in bcs/playoffs.

It was always the extra win in the conference championship game, that was a big deal. A game at a neutral site versus usually a pretty highly ranked team are big number boosters.

It's just this year Michigan and Ohio state has such a better profile than Wisconsin, penn st and Colorado that even a win versus a top ten team can't catch up.

Top Bottom